• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

CFP National Championship Game - Cool Story

Terrible.
I remember when the playoff teams were announced, some folks complained about tOSU being included. Interesting that tOSU appeared to be the only team of the three others that was able to face and challenge a championship-caliber team.

Big 12 better be glad the playoff format is changing. They complain about being disrespected for years and get the **** stomped out of them in the Championship game. I mean, there have been other blowouts, but TCU got literally curb-stomped tonight. To the point that if the system stayed the same more than one more year, I doubt the committee would even seriously consider a Big 12 team.

65-7. Glad I turned it off. Did they invoke the mercy rule, or was that the whole game?

Alabama and Georgia sent a very loud message to the playoff committee by absolutely trouncing Washington State and TCU. If Alabama didn't absolutely **** the bed at LSU, they would have been a part of this championship. The committee has stood their ground on not allowing a two-loss team in the series.

This just totally proves how poorly Harbaugh preps his teams for bowl games. I think they have lost 6 straight bowls at Michigan under him. This game was just as much an indictment of the Wolverines as the Big 12.

Yeah but would that be some quality H20?

Anywho I am still waiting to see Vicky's boobies.
Its been 25 years since that movie came out...you may not wanna see them boobs anymore...

waiting for the annual post telling us how Penn State would have decimated the national champ

Alabama wasn't that good this year. They didn't deserve to be in the final 4. Georgia was in a league by itself although Ohio State might have beaten them if Harrison Jr. wouldn't have gotten injured and only played a half. He had 2 TD's in the first half and they couldn't cover him. Penn State was the only Big 10 team to make a statement in their bowl for the top teams although the Big 10 did well, in general, in their bowl games. The Big 10 has 3 teams in the top 7 or 8 (at least that's how high PSU should move up) with 2 in the top 4.

Alabama wasn't that good this year. They didn't deserve to be in the final 4. Georgia was in a league by itself although Ohio State might have beaten them if Harrison Jr. wouldn't have gotten injured and only played a half. He had 2 TD's in the first half and they couldn't cover him. Penn State was the only Big 10 team to make a statement in their bowl for the top teams although the Big 10 did well, in general, in their bowl games. The Big 10 has 3 teams in the top 7 or 8 (at least that's how high PSU should move up) with 2 in the top 4.

Yeah Georgia picked a very bad time to have their worst game of the year vs Ohio State. I believe Ohio State would have train wrecked TCU as well.

I knew the game was going to be a rout as soon as I saw TCU got zero pass rush on Bennett and they couldn't stop the run at all.

I didn't think the Georgia defense would crush them like that. It wasn't even close to a competitive game.

TCU is not as bad as the score shows, just like Georgia isn't quite that good. TCU either choked or were not coached well. The one end around Bennett had 2 or 3 blockers in front of him and all of them walked into the EZ untouched. That is either over pursuit or just a poor scheme. There were alot of instances where TCU had no one on the edge. I do think they were physically outmatched as well, but alot of mental errors. Don't get me wrong, Georgia is the cream of the crop this year, but TCU is still a good team just had a very off night

TCU is not as bad as the score shows, just like Georgia isn't quite that good. TCU either choked or were not coached well. The one end around Bennett had 2 or 3 blockers in front of him and all of them walked into the EZ untouched. That is either over pursuit or just a poor scheme. There were alot of instances where TCU had no one on the edge. I do think they were physically outmatched as well, but alot of mental errors. Don't get me wrong, Georgia is the cream of the crop this year, but TCU is still a good team just had a very off night
Sorry, that game was won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Georgia was by far the better team...and by a lot.

I think they might be that bad. They lost to Kansas State in their conference championship and still was selected for the playoffs. They beat Baylor by 1 point...the same Baylor that got stomped by Air Force in their bowl game. Kansas State got smacked by Alabama in the Sugar Bowl so this result probably wasn't surprising. TCU was a very bad pick.