• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chickillo a starter for the Miami game?

Amazing how you and Coach have some how turned the play of these players against each other. Then twist facts around to fit your agenda. While everyone else here are just hoping for improvement from both.

My agenda is winning. Chickillo's sack and fumble was better than any. Jones sack I saw.

I suspect if he does it again, the coaches will take notice.

My agenda is winning. Chickillo's sack and fumble was better than any. Jones sack I saw.

Except for Jones strip sack vs the Bengals...you know the one that helped us win a playoff game. But you probably didn't watch that game either

I thought it was against the "lowly jets" though?

Yeah, the Chick sack was better than any JJ sack, wth? Cause it supports your misguided agenda?

That's like saying an AB TD is better than any Coates, Rogers or Outlaw TD...pure foolishness. A TD is a TD a sack is a sack. If you want to grade sacks vs. each other I'll definitely go with what was already said and jump on the playoff sack contributing to playoff victory far superior to a sack in a blowout regular season win though.

**** people, why the hell wouldn't we want chickypoo to get 3+ sacks every time out??? **** the "coach" threads (I kind of like his different perspective) so we get them regardless. I root for all STEELERS players to do good with NO berring as to who's and who's not post(s) I must endure. All of us have been guilty of "crap" post(s) here and there......... Let's all join hands and sing cumbaya (sp)

Salute the nation

LOL...I'm not a good singer....can I hum?...

If Chickillo can become a serviceable or better starter it would really help things get better when Dupree is healthy. They wouldn't have to use a premium pick on a OLB.

Which is exactly what I say..I sign Jones to a reasonable deal.. can't demand much.. and keep my four man rotation of Jones Chick Dupree and Moats. Drafting another 1st round OLB is not on my list of priorities.

Which is exactly what I say..I sign Jones to a reasonable deal.. can't demand much.. and keep my four man rotation of Jones Chick Dupree and Moats. Drafting another 1st round OLB is not on my list of priorities.

I am ok with that..

Plus he knows the system and understands his role in it well...just wish his skill set included getting the sacks...

Our hope is with Dupree from the sack side...if he doesn't achieve consistent sacks numbers, our defense, especially on the back end, will never be all they could be..

I think we need at least one stud. Next year we will probably be without Harrison. In my opinion of you have to rotate 4 people you really have no one. Dupree may fill the Harrison role, but still need something better on the other side.

I think we need at least one stud. Next year we will probably be without Harrison. In my opinion of you have to rotate 4 people you really have no one. Dupree may fill the Harrison role, but still need something better on the other side.

I think this year is "without Harrison"...

Been rather invisible...hope he is saving his best for later in the season.

I am ok with that..

Plus he knows the system and understands his role in it well...just wish his skill set included getting the sacks...

Our hope is with Dupree from the sack side...if he doesn't achieve consistent sacks numbers, our defense, especially on the back end, will never be all they could be..

Yes I agree hopefully we Dupree can be that sack guy. Has the athletic skill set. Even Chick with his hand in the dirt background may eventually be a better pass rusher but Jones is still a good piece to have IMO. Just will never be a big sack guy. But Tuitt Dupree Heyward and possibly Hargrave should be. We are barely in the 3-4 so it doesn't have to be the OLBs getting all the pressure like before

Last edited:
I think this year is "without Harrison"...

Been rather invisible...hope he is saving his best for later in the season.

I love me some Deebo, but I think what we see is what we get...........

I love me some Deebo, but I think what we see is what we get...........

Yes he can only do it in short bursts now. Father time is undefeated. But there wasn't a more dominant 3-4 OLB for us. Should have more sacks if they didn't let OT hold or called holding

Yes I agree hopefully we Dupree can be that sack guy. Has the athletic skill set. Even Chick with his hand in the dirt background may eventually be a better pass rusher but Jones is still a good piece to have IMO. Just will never be a big sack guy. But Tuitt Dupree Heyward and possibly Hargrave should be.

Jarvis seems to be IMO, more of a coverage 4/3 MLB type rover, he is good to have for his coverage abilities.

Definitely good to have from that aspect. Just not sure you really want him to start on a pressure D, which is still the best way to win in the NFL. Making that opposing QB uncomfy.

If they resign him for peanuts I can live with it. But not sure he will ever be what you truly need. Stop gap type of player.........

Jarvis seems to be IMO, more of a coverage 4/3 MLB type rover, he is good to have for his coverage abilities.

Definitely good to have from that aspect. Just not sure you really want him to start on a pressure D, which is still the best way to win in the NFL. Making that opposing QB uncomfy.

If they resign him for peanuts I can live with it. But not sure he will ever be what you truly need. Stop gap type of player.........

yes--I agree with this...
His skill sets remind me more of a Jack Ham type player than a James Harrison type player, which I believe what we as fans were hoping for when they drafted JJ..

Now don't tale my comparisons literally....but hopefully you understand what im trying to emphasize..

If the Starters could become Dupree and Chickillo it gives you a lot of flexibility. If Chick can assert himself as a starter this year I would assume you could expect growth as a player and he could become a strength. I agree if Jarvis Jones plays the way he has and wants to sign an Arthur Moates type contract, he is in. And if he doesn't then how hard would it be to replace his production for a similar contract in FA.

If the Starters could become Dupree and Chickillo it gives you a lot of flexibility. If Chick can assert himself as a starter this year I would assume you could expect growth as a player and he could become a strength. I agree if Jarvis Jones plays the way he has and wants to sign an Arthur Moates type contract, he is in. And if he doesn't then how hard would it be to replace his production for a similar contract in FA.

Which is saying Alot because neither Chick or Durpree have done more then Jones for all the **** he gets

Which is saying Alot because neither Chick or Durpree have done more then Jones for all the **** he gets

Not yet...not enough tape on these men yet..

We need both of them to develop into at the very least a 8-10 sack per season type of players

With Heyward out this week and possibly next, the Steelers need to Chickillo to not only contribute, but be a big factor in the pass rush.

It's a lot to ask from a late round rookie. Hopefully, he surprises everyone.

With Heyward out this week and possibly next, the Steelers need to Chickillo to not only contribute, but be a big factor in the pass rush.

It's a lot to ask from a late round rookie. Hopefully, he surprises everyone.

Chickillo ..Chickilo...don't you just love it....Chickaboom..chickaboom..boom...boom!

If you don't recognize this...your too young lol..

It's important that the coaches get an extended look at both Chickillo and eventually Dupree this season. If those two do not show enough, they may have no choice but to go back to the well and use another 1st or 2nd round pick on an edge player. The position is too pivotal, regardless of defensive scheme.

I don't think we have seen a lot of great edge rushers in recent drafts at least where we have picked.

It's important that the coaches get an extended look at both Chickillo and eventually Dupree this season. If those two do not show enough, they may have no choice but to go back to the well and use another 1st or 2nd round pick on an edge player. The position is too pivotal, regardless of defensive scheme.

Even if,

you probably should hit the well.

JJ is a FA and Harrison is a short timer.

And with other areas tightened up, what areas are enough of a weakness to not look this way?

Bell will be franchised, Wheaton will be gone....

Not sure WR would be the route they take unless Bryant doesn't return. Which I think thy give him one more chance.

Maybe ILBer if Timmons doesn't return. But that might be round two..........or less..........

Right now the only one I know of and I haven't been watching college ball with a draft eye just yet is the kid from Texas A&M. We won't get a sniff at him of course

Even if,

you probably should hit the well.

JJ is a FA and Harrison is a short timer.

And with other areas tightened up, what areas are enough of a weakness to not look this way?

Bell will be franchised, Wheaton will be gone....

Not sure WR would be the route they take unless Bryant doesn't return. Which I think thy give him one more chance.

Maybe ILBer if Timmons doesn't return. But that might be round two..........or less..........

They may end being able to go best player available, especially if Dupree performs up to expectations when he's activated.

If they lose confidence in getting anything out of Golson, I could see them going CB early again.