• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chile celebrates Earth Day

Spike

Reaction score
Nice show

eEmoAu9h.jpg

DcTmjg4.jpg

How many Chileans do you think were saying to themselves, "Oh crap, and I just washed my car."?

I am watching the History channel and there is an interesting show How the Earth was Made. I don't know how anyone could watch these shows and still believe that man has any control over the climate. I mean, sure we could reduce smog and other pollutants but, this planet, along with the universe has always been, is now, and will always be utter chaos that is in no way controllable or the result of human actions. The Earth and climate are constantly changing over the eons. Get over it. Humans will eventually disappear.
Some times they will do a story on how a desert used to be a sea but with the changing of Earth, the sea turned into a desert and this happened waaaay before humans. I thought to myself...gee if we lived on Earth back then we would be blaming suvs for the sea drying up.
Anyways, here's some of the show. I'm sure you could youtube the rest. http://www.history.com/shows/how-the-earth-was-made/videos/how-the-earth-was-made-birth-of-the-earth

It's a sign

New Vast magma reservoir found hiding beneath Yellowstone park

A massive chamber holding enough magma to fill the Grand Canyon more than 11 times over is hiding beneath the steaming volcanic system of Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming.

We knew of a smaller magma chamber closer to surface, holding some 10,000 cubic kilometres of magma and feeding heat upwards. The newly discovered reservoir sits under it and has a volume of 46,000 cubic kilometres. Together, the two form the largest known magma reservoir in the world.

"We can't say definitively that this is the biggest magma reservoir in the world, but we currently don't know of any other that has been imaged that is as large as the two we see beneath Yellowstone," says Fan-Chi Lin of the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.

The discovery of the much larger reservoir at a depth of 20 to 50 kilometres helps to solve a long-running puzzle relating to the carbon dioxide spewing out from the huge steaming caldera volcano at Yellowstone, creating ripples of tiny earthquakes it does so. The problem is that the upper magma chamber is much too small to account for the 45 kilotonnes of carbon dioxide discharged daily.

"If you combine the upper and lower crustal magma reservoirs, it better accounts for the amount of carbon dioxide coming out of the ground at Yellowstone," says Lin.

... So how did we not notice this chamber before?

http://www.newscientist.com/article...ng-beneath-yellowstone-park.html#.VTmaLyFVikp

-------------------------------------

yellowstone_zpsfe4b62b0.gif

This is why jade helm is being done?!?!

****, there goes 10 years of carbon credits.

All the gods are angry

7.8 magnitude earthquake slams Nepal, some 600 dead, authorities say

The ancient Dharhara tower - which is one of the most prominent buildings to have collapsed in the heart of Kathmandu’s historic old city - was one of the city’s biggest tourist attractions.

The white nine-storey tower was once the place where kings were once crowned. It featured a bronze minaret and a spiral staircase of over 200 steps, leading to a small shrine to the Hindu god Shiva.

CDbEu9JWgAMxxyB.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...-worst-tremor-80-years-kathmandu-live-updates
---------------------

Earthquake Triggers ‘Avalanche’ On Mount Everest, Base Camps Destroyed

CDbEtYBVIAA7IcL.jpg

http://focusnews.com/world/earthquake-in-nepal-triggers-avalanche-on-mount-everest-reports/23210/

Last edited:
I wonder which climate models account for either the Yellowstone C02 or the Chile eruption?

It wouldn't surprise me if some jagoff scientist had misrepresented this extra CO2 as being from SUVs.....

I wonder which climate models account for either the Yellowstone C02 or the Chile eruption?

It wouldn't surprise me if some jagoff scientist had misrepresented this extra CO2 as being from SUVs.....

You talking about Elfie

Google exec killed in avalanch

An adventuresome Google executive who once dated TV star Sophia Bush met a harrowing death on Mount Everest in a a series of valanches triggered by Saturday’s giant earthquake.

Dan Fredinburg, of San Francisco, was the only American confirmed by Saturday night to have died in the tragedy.

He died from head injuries when the avalanche slammed into his base camp, according to family members and a statement from Jagged Globe, the mountaineering company that organized his summit attempt.

Feinberg also helped start Save the Ice, an organization dedicated to raising awareness about global warming “through adventurous campaigns and events around the world,” according to its website.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/25/google-exec-among-hundreds-dead-from-nepal-earthquake/

Google exec killed in avalanch

An adventuresome Google executive who once dated TV star Sophia Bush met a harrowing death on Mount Everest in a a series of valanches triggered by Saturday’s giant earthquake.

Dan Fredinburg, of San Francisco, was the only American confirmed by Saturday night to have died in the tragedy.

He died from head injuries when the avalanche slammed into his base camp, according to family members and a statement from Jagged Globe, the mountaineering company that organized his summit attempt.

Feinberg also helped start Save the Ice, an organization dedicated to raising awareness about global warming “through adventurous campaigns and events around the world,” according to its website.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/25/google-exec-among-hundreds-dead-from-nepal-earthquake/

Just a little ironic that he died from a bunch of snow.

I still firmly believe that anyone who attempts to predict the weather (even globally) more than a month into the future has an agenda. Because let's face it, the inner workings of the earth and the sun have so much influence that can in no way be reliably forecasted.

another one

682246_630x354.jpg

EAST ORANGE, N.J. -- A physician's assistant from New Jersey was among those killed in the earthquake in Nepal.

Marisa Eve Girawong had been working in Nepal for a company called Madison Mountaineering that posted the news of her death on its website.

Seattle-based Madison Mountaineering said that Girawong died in the aftermath of the avalanche that struck the climbers' base camp.

http://7online.com/news/new-jersey-woman-among-victims-of-earthquake-in-nepal/682233/

so you want to be in an avalanche

Da ground is shaking. A **** load of snow is coming at me at a hundred miles an hour.... Let me get in this plastic tent thing.

Just wondering how long it will be before some environazi blames the Nepal earthquake on climate change/global warming?

This is the volcano pic from the space station.

363382main_image_1397_946-710.jpg

Last edited:
Just wondering how long it will be before some environazi blames the Nepal earthquake on climate change/global warming?

oh wise one, you knew it was coming

and by environazi, you mean "scientists"

Plate Tectonics:

Your SUV’s Fault!

More Fatal Earthquakes to Come, Warn Climate Change Scientists

“Climate change may play a critical role in triggering certain faults in certain places where they could kill a hell of a lot of people,” says Professor McGuire. Some of his colleagues suspect the process may already have started.

http://www.newsweek.com/nepal-earth...de-disaster-climate-change-brings-326017.html

Elfie will be around soon to point out the peer reviewed studies that agree that the molten mass in the inner core is clearly negatively affected by your all's Tahoes and Suburbians.