• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Climate Refugees

Again, want to point out we settled a lot of land that has been underwater in the relatively near past... this is going to happen a **** ton regardless of what policies are in place... we act like we can ignore that this world is a violently changing every day and that it was going to stay static for us... once more, there were flooded deserts as recently as the conquistadors time... Longer term pacific cultures basically record events that when they happen again are going to wipe out entire coastal cities... Erosion along rivers and particularly the Mississippi delta is going to be catastrophic, especially as the aging dam system fails...

can I relocate to Hawaii at government expense due to the climate I'm experiencing in Florida?

As long as California disappears due to rising ocean levels, I'm good. Or an earthquake. Yeah, that would work too.

What a terrible precedent.

As always, when things go bad, hope the federal government can bail you out with money that grows on trees....

What a terrible precedent.

As always, when things go bad, hope the federal government can bail you out with money that grows on trees....

Agreed. Terrible precedent. Come on, you live on a marshy island, below sea level, in a hurricane prone area. This make me ill.

I have family in south LA and they live in a flood plain! Stupid. Move or don't complain when it floods.

Agreed. Terrible precedent. Come on, you live on a marshy island, below sea level, in a hurricane prone area. This make me ill.

I have family in south LA and they live in a flood plain! Stupid. Move or don't complain when it floods.

Great point. I can't stand the bozos who build beach houses, then when a hurricane wipes them out, a declaration of disaster is made so that my tax money goes to rebuild those homes.

Great point. I can't stand the bozos who build beach houses, then when a hurricane wipes them out, a declaration of disaster is made so that my tax money goes to rebuild those homes.

That sort of event should be 100% insurance funded. Beyond that should be out of pocket, not from the Government.

When the government steps in it should be ONLY for those who have no resources. If you can afford to build and live on the "Beach" you should be on your own.

Same goes for homes built on a River or in the Flood plane.

Or if you live in a house of sticks when a Big Bad Wolf is in the neighborhood.

That sort of event should be 100% insurance funded. Beyond that should be out of pocket, not from the Government.

When the government steps in it should be ONLY for those who have no resources. If you can afford to build and live on the "Beach" you should be on your own.

Same goes for homes built on a River or in the Flood plane.

Or if you live in a house of sticks when a Big Bad Wolf is in the neighborhood.

I have to pay quite a bit for flood insurance, and that is even with you bozos subsidizing my policies! My house was built in the 60's. We are not on the water, but can throw a rock and hit the water. From looking at the house, it is obvious, it has not flooded since it was built. Flood insurance is still high, though.

The thing about all that land in in south Louisiana is this: Its all river silt. The by product of all the flood control and levees that channel the river is that new silt isn't getting deposited. As a result the city of New Orleans is sinking.