• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

CNN losing a lot of money, Zucker the Sucker closes London office

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Corrupt News Network is failing.

CNN is preparing to make substantial cuts to its London-based television news operation in a move that is likely to result in at least a dozen employees losing their jobs.

The announcement was made by Jeff Zucker, the CNN boss, at a “town hall” meeting on Tuesday in the company’s office in central London.

Staff, including some managers whose shows were affected, were given no advance warning of the announcement, according to some of those present. Zucker told them that the international channel was losing $10m (£8m) a year, according to those present.

The cuts come shortly after the longstanding CNN International boss Tony Maddox unexpectedly announced he was leaving the station earlier this month.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...medium=&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1559059868

The 25-54 age of viewership, which Forbes lists as the most coveted age by national advertisers, is down a whopping 41 percent, drawing in a measly 198,000 number of viewers in the demographic. Compare that to MSNBC (255,000), and Fox News (389,000). All cable news networks showed a decline, however, including MSNBC and Fox News who suffered a 36 and 19 percent drop respectively.

This drop has followed the news of the Mueller report coming out with zero charges to press against Trump, resulting in something of an anti-climactic turn for the left and its media. The demoralization of the news media has definitely affected its viewership for the worse.

Naturally, to the victor go the spoils. Fox News, has not only taken the least damage, but it’s also still bringing in more viewers during primetime than MSNBC and CNN combined with a total of 5.92 million between Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity. Rachel Maddow brought in 2.6 million [not the case any more - she is now under 2 million viewers], while CNN didn’t have a single show in the top 25.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2019/05/01/cnns-april-ratings-unmitigated-disaster-thats-not/

CNN is committing media suicide with its non-stop, shrieking, shrill, unwanted TDS broadcasts. I like news updates, and would recommend that CNN try - just give it a try - a balanced broadcast, as opposed to the present and losing approach of "all Republicans bad, Orange Man Hitler."

Good...one office down and hopefully more to come. Most have caught on to their bullshit lies.

I posted earlier in the Winning thread an article that shows CNN has lost almost 20% of their audience just since the witch hunt report was released. Trump should order the FAA to force all airports to switch their TVs from CNN to Fox News. The triggered assploding would be epic.

Last edited:
A picture is worth a thousand words.

iu

By-the-by, I tested that bon mot in grade school. Teacher asked for a 1,000 word essay on California wildlife. I gave her a picture of a mountain lion, and wrote underneath, "Mountain Lion." Told her that made the essay 1,002 words.

Had to re-do the project so the phrase is bogus.

iu

By-the-by, I tested that bon mot in grade school. Teacher asked for a 1,000 word essay on California wildlife. I gave her a picture of a mountain lion, and wrote underneath, "Mountain Lion." Told her that made the essay 1,002 words.

I’d have given you an A for creativity.

I seen a change in my travels. Normally, **** always in my hotels and airports it was nothing but CNN. Not anymore.

I seen a change in my travels. Normally, **** always in my hotels and airports it was nothing but CNN. Not anymore.

I was gonna say, how many of those viewers are captive viewers in hotels and airports? If the govt ever mandates a la carte selection of cable channels, something Sen. McCain proposed btw, CNN is finished.

I was gonna say, how many of those viewers are captive viewers in hotels and airports? If the govt ever mandates a la carte selection of cable channels, something Sen. McCain proposed btw, CNN is finished.

It should be a la carte. No reason for people to have to pay for garbage they don't watch.

CNN has been trash for a long time. Good riddance.

At the bar last night seen a dude next to me, well an older couple. He had on a camo 2020 trump hat on. I’m like “nice hat”. He kinda shot me a look as if he thought I was going to bash on him. We got to talking, news came up. We all agreed we watch news only for weather...and that **** is made up too. Lol.

2 solid years of TDS with nothing at the end will do that.

iu

But 2017? Or am I reading this wrong?

They aired the full Trump speech!

They MUST be losing money, lol

CNN international wasn’t bad. They showed a lot of human interest stories, and any actual news they did report was just news. Of course, the last time I saw CNN International was 2007, so maybe it has changed as well.