• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Champ Week and News

I'll have you know sir that I am drinking a little Virgil Kaine Ginger Infused Bourbon tonight. I have recently discovered a website that delivers alcoholic beverages to me that I can't find in Ohio liquor stores.
Well, Utah still had the strictest as alcohol laws in the nation. I'm keeping it simple and cracked open a new handle of Tito's...

I believe the conferences destruction started when Penn State beat Ohio State and then won the Big Ten title game and still did not make the playoffs. The choice to rep the Big Ten....Ohio State. At that point, it wasn't about the conference winner anymore.

True, at that point the committee sent the message that they just take whoever they want and conference titles are meaningless.

Well, Deion's name alone will attract many aspiring defensive backs to consider Colorado.

Every kid wants to play like he did at the position.

And subtracting USC and UCLA...genius...

He probably will get some good DB talent but how about OL, QB, DL, etc? Colorado was 1-11 this year. The cupboard is bare. Unless he got some assurances from some very rich Colorado boosters that they will help buy him some players, then this could be rough. He probably would have been better off waiting for a better job.

Caleb Williams clearly injured and not himself. But if this game is lost, it's on Lincoln Riley going for it on 4th down at about the 40 when they were up 17-3. At that point Utah was demoralized and on their heels. Utah stopped them, it shifted momentum and they have dominated that game since that point.

Ironically, I tuned in about 5 minutes before that call. At the time I thought similar to your post. I was like WTF.

ALSO, thanks for these write ups tapeANaspirin2it, enjoy them a lot.

Salute the nation

USC loses so Ohio State should definitely be in the playoff. But, I can see the committee putting in a 2 loss team like Alabama in. I would actually be surprised if they put Ohio State in who is most deserving.

Last edited:
USC losses so Ohio State should definitely be in the playoff. But, I can see the committee putting in a 2 loss team like Alabama in. I would actually be surprised if they put Ohio State in who is most deserving.
The committee already made their decision last week ranking Ohio State fifth. They aren’t going to allow Alabama to leap them while both teams are sitting on the couch this weekend.

The committee already made their decision last week ranking Ohio State fifth. They aren’t going to allow Alabama to leap them while both teams are sitting on the couch this weekend.
And there’s no reasonable argument to include Alabama over Ohio State.

It would not surprise me if the committee changes their mind. Michigan, TCU and Georgia should all be in even if they lose. If Michigan loses today without Corum, I can see Ohio State not being in the final 4. The committee does not favor the Big 10 no matter how you slice it or spin it. Until the final 4 is announced, I will still not be surprised to see Ohio State miss out somehow.

And there’s no reasonable argument to include Alabama over Ohio State.
They always prefer the SEC over all other conferences. Win-loss record means some but is not the end all be all. It's just like Notre Dame getting high rankings every year even when they end up sucking. They give them the benefit of the doubt and always have.

It would not surprise me if the committee changes their mind. Michigan, TCU and Georgia should all be in even if they lose. If Michigan loses today without Corum, I can see Ohio State not being in the final 4. The committee does not favor the Big 10 no matter how you slice it or spin it. Until the final 4 is announced, I will still not be surprised to see Ohio State miss out somehow.
The Big 10 has historically been dreadful in the playoffs so it's easy to understand why.

If TCU loses and Georgia... both tOSU and Bama could still get in. Especially if the losses are lopsided like USC's...

Georgia has no chance to drop out of the top 4. TCU could with a blowout but even they have beaten multiple top 25 teams. The top 3 now should all stay in and probably in their same positions. USC was really the only one on the fringe with a chance to be bounced.

Georgia has no chance to drop out of the top 4. TCU could with a blowout but even they have beaten multiple top 25 teams. The top 3 now should all stay in and probably in their same positions. USC was really the only one on the fringe with a chance to be bounced.
This does not make me happy...

Not really. They almost always have a winning record.
Almost always a winning record? That only happened once and it was the first ever College Football Playoff when Ohio State won the national title. Overall, the Big 10 is 3-5 in the playoffs, losing in the in the first round 4 times. They also have the only two teams (Michigan State and Ohio State) to ever be shut out in a playoff game.

%19 chance Alabama makes the playoffs.