• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 1

TD Irish!

The Irish have almost 100 yards of penalties tonight

20-10 Irish with 30 seconds left. Very good game.

Great opener for Penn State. It was game 1 with a new OC and DC and a new OL, There was some sloppiness to be expected but overall they looked great. The defense had too much speed for WVU.

The PSU offense was very predictable last year. Not anymore, lots of formations to keep defenses guessing. The runs set up the play action passes. WVU was trying to take away the run and they did much of the time. Last year PSU had no answers if the run game wasn't working. This year they do.

Harrison Wallace is a WR I’ve been hearing about for years as the best in practice but he can’t stay healthy. Today he finally showed that talent.

Allar played a great game. He showed real leadership today. This awful calls seemed to fire him up. We didn’t see that last year. Allar showed he can make plays with his feet. He’s no game breaker but he’s athletic enough to run for a 1st down when the defense leaves an opening. He runs just well enough to make RPO viable. Like Trevor Lawrence at Clemson.

What Penn State showed today is similar to what Arthur Smith likes to do. I think the Steeler offense will look similar. Lots of formations and misdirections to keep a defense guessing. Everybody is involved. Passes to RB WR and TE at all levels of the defense with a but of QB mobility mixed in.

Nobody questions Allan’s arm talent. They only question was mobility. I think he put himself in 1st round consideration for the NFL.

This was some of the worst officiating I’ve ever seen. I still can’t believe they gave WVU a first down on a replay that clearly showed they weren’t even close. It was a half yard short at least. Then there was a play that should have been targeting. Another replay with WVU awarded a TD when he was clearly down. I’m just glad it didn’t impact the result.

Notre Dame is practically in the playoff already. They have a cupcake schedule with the 2 best opponents Florida State and USC. They’d probably have to lose both the Miss the playoffs.

Notre Dame is practically in the playoff already. They have a cupcake schedule with the 2 best opponents Florida State and USC. They’d probably have to lose both the Miss the playoffs.
Same with Penn State. Ohio State is the only tough game in the schedule. USC is usually very overrated and Washington lost a ton. The rest are cupcakes. Even if they botch a game they are at worst 10-2.

Notre Dame looks like Steelers. Far from championship offense but defense might get them in playoffs. That was a pretty tough opponent and stadium to get a W.

Okay I know I am a MI homer but can someone please explain to me why the national champions come out ranked 9th. I know some will say that it's because they lost players and their head coach well I don't buy it. Alabama lost players and their head coach (who most will argue was the all time greatest) and went in four spots ahead of MI a team that beat them last year. This college ranking system makes no damn sense to me and is total bull ****. The disrespect is real and the nut hugging of the SEC is disgraceful.

Almost every team ranked ahead of them either lost to MI or lost to a team that lost to MI. Yes I am pissed.

Great opener for Penn State. It was game 1 with a new OC and DC and a new OL, There was some sloppiness to be expected but overall they looked great. The defense had too much speed for WVU.

The PSU offense was very predictable last year. Not anymore, lots of formations to keep defenses guessing. The runs set up the play action passes. WVU was trying to take away the run and they did much of the time. Last year PSU had no answers if the run game wasn't working. This year they do.

Harrison Wallace is a WR I’ve been hearing about for years as the best in practice but he can’t stay healthy. Today he finally showed that talent.

Allar played a great game. He showed real leadership today. This awful calls seemed to fire him up. We didn’t see that last year. Allar showed he can make plays with his feet. He’s no game breaker but he’s athletic enough to run for a 1st down when the defense leaves an opening. He runs just well enough to make RPO viable. Like Trevor Lawrence at Clemson.

What Penn State showed today is similar to what Arthur Smith likes to do. I think the Steeler offense will look similar. Lots of formations and misdirections to keep a defense guessing. Everybody is involved. Passes to RB WR and TE at all levels of the defense with a but of QB mobility mixed in.

Nobody questions Allan’s arm talent. They only question was mobility. I think he put himself in 1st round consideration for the NFL.

This was some of the worst officiating I’ve ever seen. I still can’t believe they gave WVU a first down on a replay that clearly showed they weren’t even close. It was a half yard short at least. Then there was a play that should have been targeting. Another replay with WVU awarded a TD when he was clearly down. I’m just glad it didn’t impact the result.
I'm not a fan, but PSU seems a level better than last year.

Okay I know I am a MI homer but can someone please explain to me why the national champions come out ranked 9th. I know some will say that it's because they lost players and their head coach well I don't buy it. Alabama lost players and their head coach (who most will argue was the all time greatest) and went in four spots ahead of MI a team that beat them last year. This college ranking system makes no damn sense to me and is total bull ****. The disrespect is real and the nut hugging of the SEC is disgraceful.

Almost every team ranked ahead of them either lost to MI or lost to a team that lost to MI. Yes I am pissed.
I don't know but you mentioned why: MI has lost its high level coach (Harbaugh) and many of its best players so I can see how they came up with their rankings. On the plus side, with 12 teams making the playoffs, if MI is good enough they will be into the show if they deserve it. So rest easy big fella. :)

College football polls before the season starts, or even for the first few weeks are as relevant as political polls.

OK. WTF is up with the LSU CB having not one, but two, mouth guards dangling from his facemask, not using either one? How is that not annoying, and WTF is the point of it? Some people just need smacked in the face.

Gentlemen, I believe the Steelers have their QB of the future playing tonight: Garrett Nussmeyer

lousy a &M run D if they won would of won 4500, wolverines media played games milton is just a option qb, and i think he will be at most used like kordell as a slash, the um d looked solid but some other than loveland need to makes plays.
I perdict texas smack then sat

USC burns a TO on 4th and 9. Take the delay of game and punt.