• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 1

USC beats 13th ranked LSU. I wonder if USC fans are bitching about their placement (23) this year?

Okay I know I am a MI homer but can someone please explain to me why the national champions come out ranked 9th. I know some will say that it's because they lost players and their head coach well I don't buy it. Alabama lost players and their head coach (who most will argue was the all time greatest) and went in four spots ahead of MI a team that beat them last year. This college ranking system makes no damn sense to me and is total bull ****. The disrespect is real and the nut hugging of the SEC is disgraceful.

Almost every team ranked ahead of them either lost to MI or lost to a team that lost to MI. Yes I am pissed.

The difference is bama has more depth. So they lose guys every year and have replacements ready to go. Michigan has a huge dropoff from the guys they lost to the new guys. Bama also returns their QB which is a huge deal.

Michigan has bigger things to worry about. It's possible they are not out of the woods on the cheating and more penalties could be on the way. Of course, unless they vacate the title, the penalty is irrelevant.

Florida State now 0-2 after getting beat down by Bill O'Brien's Boston College team. Which team fires their coach first, Florida or Florida State?

On a side note, the SEC went 1-3 vs ranked teams this week.

Florida State stinks and it's not just DJ U.

Notre Dame looks like Steelers. Far from championship offense but defense might get them in playoffs. That was a pretty tough opponent and stadium to get a W.
ND's defense might be the best in the country. Four of the DBs will play in the NFL. Their offense, under Denbrock, will get much better, much like the Steelers the OL has to gel. That was the best DL they will face; by the fourth quarter, they were dominating them. They are very deep at RB and WR and their star TE Mitchell is almost back from an ACL. He took limited snaps against A&M. Riley Leonard has to be a little more accurate but I like his leadership and his guts at the end of the ballgame. This is a game in past years they would have lost.

Yeah, but has that kid ever had a good game? I’ve never seen him play well but he gets opportunity after opportunity.
While he was at Clemson. I'm surprised he went from Oregon State to FSU because he's not that good. FSU got shredded on the ground and couldn't run the ball. That is a huge part of their issues right now as well.

the only thing we need to know about Week 1 is has 321Nole been located?

Funny little factoid: Since a new poll hadn’t come out yet, FSU was ranked #10 at 0-2.