• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 11

A hyped up 5-star recruit who looks more like Christian Hackenberg than a QB1. Michigan played some 1950's offense because they had zero worries about Penn State's offense.
Give him a half decent WR group with at least one deep threat and he might have a chance his second year but he has been a disappointment - give me a Trace McSorley or a Sean Clifford anytime as a running threat. I guess Pribula is strictly a runner with not much of an arm.

Give him a half decent WR group with at least one deep threat and he might have a chance his second year but he has been a disappointment - give me a Trace McSorley or a Sean Clifford anytime as a running threat. I guess Pribula is strictly a runner with not much of an arm.
Better receivers aren't going to help his inaccurate throws.

Maybe it's the pass rush but he was dropping dimes against Maryland and I didn't think they were that bad a team. Expected a lot better. Doesn't look like he is ready for prime time. Don't know if Beau has anything but it should be open competition next year for the job.

He had some inaccurate throws, WR's running wrong routes and rarely getting open, terrible OL, and terrible play calling. No passes down the middle or more than 10 yards. Sound familiar?

He had some inaccurate throws, WR's running wrong routes and rarely getting open, terrible OL, and terrible play calling. No passes down the middle or more than 10 yards. Sound familiar?

The first game of the year I seen this.......As much as Franklin get credit for recruiting they sure don't have any receivers that can get open or stretch the field. Then the one time they do have one open Allar misses him at the most crucial point of the game. It doesn't matter, but you can go back to the beginning of the year and see I predicted this. No chance of beating OSU and UM.

And the play calling on the offensive side of the ball, even though they have no deep threat is atrocious. Matt Canada would be an improvement. At least he runs jet sweeps lol.

Same ol', same ol' with Franklin. As long as he's around, expect to lose to OSU and Mich. every year (unless they change coaches for some reason.)

Penn State has a golden opportunity in front of millions of people to humble obvious cheaters and they play like absolute dog ****. What a worthless program.

Penn State has a golden opportunity in front of millions of people to humble obvious cheaters and they play like absolute dog ****. What a worthless program.
Penn State is more worried about how many people are inside the stadium than winning championships.

The receivers for PSU suck. Lambert Smith can't even get open this year it seems.

Yeah. Right after thanking God for the blessings. Gotcha

That's UM for ya. They have always been classless. Now they are classless and cheaters.

Called it. Not shocked in the least. Anyone with a ounce of understanding about PSU football knew how it would play out. I'm not buying any more hype about Nittany Lion football until Franklin is gone. He's a 8-4 or 9-3 record every year with zero expectation of beating the top teams. Even still. down by 9 with a couple minutes left in the game and Franklin calling for the 2 point conversion after the last TD. Missing it basically ends the game. They run a ridiculous crazy formation trick play with nobody getting open...game over. Just a stupid self inflicted game killer.

Penn State's offense is a joke. I was sticking up for OC Mike Yurcich because in year 1 he had a bad OL and no run game. Last year the OL was still a bit shaky and it was assumed things were simplified for Clifford at QB. Now this year, things were going slow but he has a new starter at QB.

They were too conservative vs Ohio State. Then they started opening up the offense the last few weeks and Allar was looking better. Then they get MIchigan and that close down the offense again.

I looked at the play by play. Not counting the final drive where they had to throw, Allar had only 3 pass attempts on 1st down. Allar was not great today but he was set up to fail. Forcing him to make most of his passes in obvious passing situations and once again, almost nothing deep and nothing over the middle. It's like watching Matt Canada.

Mike Yurcich has to be fired.

The defense was mostly great. They gave up a bunch of yards when Michigan went with a 6th OL and 2 TEs and it caught PSU off guard. Aside from that they just gave up a few big runs when guys got out of position. The offense gave then no rest and they wore down toward the end.

Michigan abandoned the pass because they saw early that their OTs were overmatched and could not block the Penn State DEs. The could abandon the run because they knew the PSU offense was no threat at all.

Penn State's WRs have struggled but part of that is the simple offense. It's like the Canada offense. They need to get a good OC that knows how to scheme guys open.

Franklin's seat is warm now. He has to fire the OC. If this offense doesn;t improve next year there's no more excuses. You'll have a good OL, a returning starting QB and returning WRs.

I expect PSU will win their remaining games and probably win a NY6 bowl. So what. You have to get over the hump at some point.

Ole Miss up 7-0 early at Georgia.

14-7 Georgia. The real shocker is seeing Brock Bowers on the field. That's a committed guy.

28-14 Georgia. Damn this offense is creative.

Ohio State is better than Michigan. Penn State could barely move the OSU defense but they could move the Michigan front 7. Kaytron Allen averaged 6 yards per carry. If PSU had any sort of passing game they could have scored quite a few points. But they have no passing game so they barely scored at all.

Michigan's OL is not great. Their pass pro looked bad. McCarthy was running for his life on nearly every attempt. They had the luxury of not having to attempt many passes due to playing against a high school offense.

Before today, Michigan played 0 good teams. Now they played half of a good team. It will be interesting to see them when they play their first whole good team Ohio State.

Make Manny Diaz. HC. Maybe he can hire an OC that can recruit some WR’s and run concepts that work.

Franklin did fire last year's WR coach Taylor Stubblefield mainly because he was recruiting. Hopefully the new guy can land some talent. They have a bunch of #2 WRs. Keandre Lambert Smith would probably be great playing with Marvin Harrison, but as a #1 by himself, he's hit or miss.

I'm in Tampa with ****** cell service, but eh, I'm in vacation with the wife and granddaughters...

I caught all the games yesterday. Bama won convincingly. Thank you. RTR...

Penn State struggled mightily, IMO.

Utah and Miami nearly upset Washington and FSU but came up short so Bama will have beat Georgia to get into the playoffs this year. I think it's going to be a great game...

If that happens - how far will Georgia drop???

Berm checking in and signing off for now...

Ohio State is better than Michigan. Penn State could barely move the OSU defense but they could move the Michigan front 7. Kaytron Allen averaged 6 yards per carry. If PSU had any sort of passing game they could have scored quite a few points. But they have no passing game so they barely scored at all.
I was at the game, 6 rows up. Penn State did not "move the Michigan front 7." Allen had one lucky 34-yard run where he broke through (and was subsequently tackled downfield by a 300-pound defensive lineman). The rest of the day he managed 38 yards on 11 carries, a 3.5 average. Singleton averaged 3.3 YPC, 43 yards on 13 rushes. Clearly not effective, yet they kept running the ball up the middle over and over again. I was bewildered, as were many surrounding fans.

Allar had open receivers fairly often yesterday; he either missed them with poor throws, or didn't see them to start with. Unfortunately, he's starting to look a whole lot like Christian Hackenberg, who at the age of 28 is now a high school QB coach.

Franklin getting ripped pretty bad on social media.

There are a bunch more.

Students were chanting "Fire Franklin!"