• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 12

Good Lord....Penn State just blew a 4th and 1 on the Rutgers 4 yard line. Actually, two straight QB sneaks needing 1 yard and stuffed both times. 10-6 against Rutgers. Maybe now Franklins seat will finally get warm.

Refs just handed Michigan the win. What a BS flag. Pass may have been short but it was towards a receiver.

The penn state game was one of the worst TV games I’ve ever seen. Both team were running the ball so clock was moving and Fox kept doing TV timeouts. Plus it seemed like Rutgers had about 10 guys go down with injury which of course meant more TV timeouts. I’d bet there were over 90 minutes of commercials jammed into this game.

The passing game did look marginally better in terms of playcalling. They actually threw over the middle a few times. The WRs are still almost never open. Allar made a great throw to Omari Evans where he wasn’t even really open, it was just gunned in there. There was an incompletion to Cephas that the announcers blamed on Allar as a bad throw but QBs don’t miss guys by 5 yards. Pretty obvious the WR went in and Allar anticipated out. Who’s wrong? My guess would be Cephas because he has been running wrong routes all year.

Allar took a big hit on his throwing shoulder on a QB run. Next play he air mails a WR screen a good 10 feet over his head, winces in pain, then takes himself out of the game. The genius announcers then speculate he must have a concussion. Seemed pretty clear it was a shoulder injury or maybe a pinched never or something.

After Allar left, they threw 1 pass. Penn State had the lead. Rutgers couldn’t score so they just ran and got out with a win.

Rutgers does have a solid defense and takes away big plays so I was not expecting fireworks. Hard to say if they would have thrown a bit more if Allar stayed in the game.

Penn State hired Manny Diaz before a bowl game. Maybe Penn State will hire a new OC quickly after the regular season ends and have him involved for bowl prep. No matter who calls plays, nothing will change until WRs get open.

Last night in Tampa - I'm going to dinner w/ my wife, daughter and granddaughters...I hope to find that Washington has lost upon my return!!!

I think Ohio State will beat Michigan and it might be double digits. I was not impressed with their defense last week vs the anemic penn state offense and today against the first good offense they face, Maryland was able to move the ball. Since the PSU game was in timeout constantly, I saw a lot of the Mich game. MD should have scored even more. They blew so many chances for big plays.

The Michigan offense had issues too. As I pointed out, they had a ton of runs for 2 yards or less vs Penn State and today vs Maryland they had struggles as well. McCarthy is a good QB when his first read is wide open. When it’s not he can struggle.

Ohio State will be the first complete team Michigan plays. If OSU just runs the ball and throws to Harrison, they should win.