• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 12

UH gives up 10points in the last two minutes of the half

terrible pick to set up a TD and then 3 and out and a quick FG drive

still lead OSU 23-19 at the half

Last night in Tampa - I'm going to dinner w/ my wife, daughter and granddaughters...I hope to find that Washington has lost upon my return!!!
What kind of restaurant?

Kirby is on a roll.

NM st upsets Auburn inside the barn. Lol

Jerry Kill is a great coach for NM State. He was HC at Minnesota and was starting to build them up. But he had a medical issue where he started having seizures so he had to retire. Apparently he's more healthy now or maybe it's just the low stress of coaching at such a small school. In any case, he's a great coach.

The box score for Michigan is ugly. McCarthy only completed 12 of 23 and Corum ran for 3.4 per carry. Mich offense only scored 20 points and with the game on the line in the 4th quarter they went Punt, Punt, Punt. Then they got that awful grounding call for a safety and that deflated MD and the game was essentially over.

Jordan Travis ankle broke/dislocated. I wonder how long before the hip drop tackle becomes illegal. FSU down 13-3 to a three-win North Alabama.

Jordan Travis ankle broke/dislocated. I wonder how long before the hip drop tackle becomes illegal. FSU down 13-3 to a three-win North Alabama.

Yeah that was awful. Honestly the ridiculous amount of rules they've put into the game hasn't made it a damn bit safer, only worse.

Caribbean - Jerk Hut... with HAPPY endings !

I know laugh it up!!!

I hope your server was paying attention and got things right…….

On a serious note, how spendy was the food? Was it good and valued in line with the price?

Salute the nation

Seriously jj is playing through something, I know we lost top wr Wilson and the other WR'S are meh like jj t the te but the other te they made no effort to get involved or Edwards in the pass game.
It was a game like as if Josh Gattis was still the oc for Michigan.

Vince Williams was going off on people on twitter about this. Says he never heard of hip drop and neither has any other defender. It's not a real technique.

It probably will get taken away though because everything that helps offense is good in the NFL's estimation.

Remember that last year SEC people were adamant that Tennessee should not be voted down once Hendon Hooker got injured. Will be interesting if they feel the same way now when FSU could keep Bama out of the playoff.

The penn state game was one of the worst TV games I’ve ever seen. Both team were running the ball so clock was moving and Fox kept doing TV timeouts. Plus it seemed like Rutgers had about 10 guys go down with injury which of course meant more TV timeouts. I’d bet there were over 90 minutes of commercials jammed into this game.

The passing game did look marginally better in terms of playcalling. They actually threw over the middle a few times. The WRs are still almost never open. Allar made a great throw to Omari Evans where he wasn’t even really open, it was just gunned in there. There was an incompletion to Cephas that the announcers blamed on Allar as a bad throw but QBs don’t miss guys by 5 yards. Pretty obvious the WR went in and Allar anticipated out. Who’s wrong? My guess would be Cephas because he has been running wrong routes all year.

Allar took a big hit on his throwing shoulder on a QB run. Next play he air mails a WR screen a good 10 feet over his head, winces in pain, then takes himself out of the game. The genius announcers then speculate he must have a concussion. Seemed pretty clear it was a shoulder injury or maybe a pinched never or something.

After Allar left, they threw 1 pass. Penn State had the lead. Rutgers couldn’t score so they just ran and got out with a win.

Rutgers does have a solid defense and takes away big plays so I was not expecting fireworks. Hard to say if they would have thrown a bit more if Allar stayed in the game.

Penn State hired Manny Diaz before a bowl game. Maybe Penn State will hire a new OC quickly after the regular season ends and have him involved for bowl prep. No matter who calls plays, nothing will change until WRs get open.
Yeah, not sure what the new OC will do probably until the bowl game when he has a couple weeks to work on things. Hopefully, Allar can come back. As rough as things have looked at times, all Pribula does is run. I'm not sure he's even a QB. He ran every play he was in yesterday except for one throw. If he plays next week, it will be an easy game so maybe we will see him throw a few. I definitely agree on the wrong route thing. I was thinking the same thing yesterday. They call it accuracy but it's not and it has been happening all year and you can't tell who's at fault.

Very Cool!! Congratulations to your son for his hard work paying off.
Thank you. He is 6'5", and fluctuated between 200 and 205 during the season. Most tight end coaches really liked his junior film. Now that it's over, he will concentrate on gaining weight. If he's a solid 210-215 by the middle/end of January, hopefully he can land an offer from a top ten (or eleven) school, and really get the ball rolling. The big boys in the Big Ten need to know that his frame can support 250 pounds in the future.