• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 2

still pissed though

4th and 20 they brought pressure the first 3 downs and got 2 sacks and forced a throw out of bounds and then they just rush 3 on 4th down and give up 22 yards

idiotic
I'll send that Crimson jersey in a coupla weeks...

Well the whole first half the team let him get crushed every play and he stood in there and took it… made some damn good plays too… didn’t come out for the half… Patti replaced him then hurt his leg and gimped to the end
Offensive lines in this city stink.

still pissed though

4th and 20 they brought pressure the first 3 downs and got 2 sacks and forced a throw out of bounds and then they just rush 3 on 4th down and give up 22 yards

idiotic

Kind of reminds you of the STEELERS, when they need most to dictate, they go into a soft ****-ing defense.

Salute the nation

Pitt blew that one today. Frustrating loss and some tough injuries.
Maybe, but TN played well, and the SEC officials pretty much let them play.

I did wonder if roughing the QB was still a penalty though, first quarter the defender landed with his full body weight after the ball was gone, and the play that knocked Slovis out of the game he was picked up and thrown down on his shoulder and head. A human neck isn't supposed to bend that way.

Maybe, but TN played well, and the SEC officials pretty much let them play.

I did wonder if roughing the QB was still a penalty though, first quarter the defender landed with his full body weight after the ball was gone, and the play that knocked Slovis out of the game he was picked up and thrown down on his shoulder and head. A human neck isn't supposed to bend that way.
They played well but losing your starting QB and then missing two FGs hurts. It didn't help Patti hurt his leg and couldn't move.

I don't have regular TV. Anybody watching that BYU / Bailor game tonight? If so could you throw a score out once in awhile.

Salute the nation

At least on par, but it was bad, and a pick 6 to boot.
I've seen Richardson pumped up as a top-10 pick. He's been subpar tonight and Levis hasn't had his best game either.

Richardson isn't a passer, he's a thrower. He has a cannon but no touch, no accuracy. Everything is a laser. Some throws need to be lofted in softly and he seems incapable of that. He just doesn't look natural. Maybe he can get better but those skills are usually instinctual and not easily learned.

At Penn State, Levis was used mainly as a change of pace wildcat QB. You can see why. He's similar to Richardson, not a natural passer. Kentucky was a good situation for him because they tend to be so run heavy and Levis can do that. But if you need him to pass a bunch, you're in trouble.

Watching Auburn struggle with San Jose State. Penn State plays at Auburn next week. I'd hate to see Auburn lose this one and then come out all fired up next week. Actually, if Auburn loses this, their coach could get fired.

Georgia Southern just had a fantastic TD drive to retake the lead over Nebraska with 36 seconds left.

Nebraska lost to Georgia Southern. Just a matter of WHEN Scott Frost gets fired. The way recruiting works now, they may not be able to let him finish the season.

If the Carolina Panthers fire Matt Ruhle, he'd be a good pick for Nebraska. He rebuilt Baylor after it was burned down by Art Briles leaving in scandal. Or they could go for Art Briles. He's kind of been in exile. Enough time has likely passed that he could be hired without blowback. No matter who they get, they have to be able to recruit Texas.

Bunch of top 25 teams lost this week

6 Texas A&M lost to App State
8 Notre Dame lost to Marshall
12 Florida lost to 20 Kentucky
17 Pitt lost to 24 Tennessee
19 Wisconsin lost to Wash State
25 Houston lost to Texas Tech

based on the others receiving votes count, Penn State was 27 and Texas 28 last week. With so many ranked teams losing, Penn State might debut at about 20 next week, especially since the are playing Auburn next week. You figure Texas should jump up even with the loss but maybe not if news comes out that their QB Ewers will miss multiple games.

Pitt might fall out of the rankings if Slovis will miss games.

You have to think ND will be unranked at 0-2 and a loss to an unranked team but you never know with them.

Florida really did get dominated by Kentucky. It was only some Kentucky mistakes that kept that game close.

Wisconsin's coach may be on the hot seat now. Especially now that their cake walk to the Big Ten championship in the weak Big Ten west will soon come to an end when USC joins in a few years.

Once again, ND ranked way higher than they should. They go 0-2 and should be out of the top 25 but I am sure they will stay in the top 20.

The Sun Belt kicked *** on Saturday.

BYU 26

Baylor 20

double OT

EDIT: Overall it seems there are a lot of OT games in the college ranks. I don't get to watch hardly any College games so is this a normal for college games ?

Salute the nation

BYU 26

Baylor 20

double OT

EDIT: Overall it seems there are a lot of OT games in the college ranks. I don't get to watch hardly any College games so is this a normal for college games ?

Salute the nation
I will answer for $50

Once again, ND ranked way higher than they should. They go 0-2 and should be out of the top 25 but I am sure they will stay in the top 20.
I seriously doubt it.

Notre Dame has gone "cheap" in hiring assistant coaches, coordinators, and made a very lazy and quick selection of Freeman to replace Kelley....almost reminds me of another team we all know and love...

And how can a program such as ND not have recruited better QB's to the team? That's on Brian Kelley, maybe he mailed it in a few years ago?

The worse part of it for ND is that they will certainly be losing some of their 2023 outstanding recruiting class because of this loss...many of them were in attendance to watch that debacle.

I dont see this thing getting turned around, with no QB and the inexperienced head coach and some on his staff ....Looks like a .500 season on the horizon...which I know pleases the majority of this board...
Enjoy the ND suck men lol...

Go Irish!

Penn State had gone 17 games without a 100 yard rusher. Freshman RB Nick Singleton 10 carries, 179 yds and 2 long TD runs. PSU playing lots of freshmen today and they are making plays
Back in the 60's, Paterno started inserting freshman to good effect. With the transfer protocol, good players don't like to wait a long time to play.