• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 3

Pretty sure Lamar Jackson is playing QB for Toledo, but Ohio St unstoppable so far.

Pretty sure Lamar Jackson is playing QB for Toledo, but Ohio St unstoppable so far.
I graduated from both universities. So, far it's playing out like I hoped.
But, that UT QB is their whole offense and if it keeps up like that, he's going to get hurt.

I graduated from both universities. So, far it's playing out like I hoped.
But, that UT QB is their whole offense and if it keeps up like that, he's going to get hurt.
Either that, or he gets drafted in the first round.

did Bama hold on for the win?

I'd have a hard time holding on for the "watch" at that score. 24-28 nothing in the 1st.......... hardly even competitive but I get it.

bermuda is cool and he knows but I have a couple "bana" fan friends that just won't even acknowledge the inferior competition and think Bama just beat a power-house. That is partly why I'm not a big Bama fan.

Salute the nation

Meh some technical problems kept me from watching tge Pitt game… espn nu had some Houston team getting blown out insted

Pitt has a freshman in at QB … he has 108 yards passing, 3 times what WM has… and they are out rushing and winning the turnover battle with them… but they were only up 13-6 with wm driving last I checked…

Losing two qbs is always the worse…

PS

TapeANasperin2it, thanks for the great write up, as I've said before I like this series you've been putting out. I had to work today so thus the late viewing, again thanks.

Salute the nation

One of the best overall games PSU has played in years. I did think Penn State had a shot at a blowout but that was thinking it would be due to a bunch of turnovers, maybe a pick 6, etc. PSU did force some turnovers but this game was complete domination of both lines of scrimmage. Auburn couldn't block PSU, and PSU blew Auburns DL off the ball.

Penn State has a LT, Ola Fashanu. He was seen as a good prospect based on how he finished last year. Now after the first 2 games, I read that he's now being looked at as a lock 1st round draft pick. This game showed that.

Penn State and the Steelers have been so similar the last few years. Poor OL play just handcuffing the offense by making it tough to run which means nobody takes play action seriously and protection not good enough for long developing pass plays.

This is year 2 of this new Penn State offense. Game 1 vs purdue was rocky with the blocking. Game 2 vs Ohio was much better but it was Ohio. Now in game 3, they dominated a talented team. Auburn isn't winning any titles but they have talent on defense and PSU OL dominated them.

This give me hope for the Steelers. Hopefully they can get the OL together in the next few weeks and allow the playmakers to actually make plays.

Penn State is playing a lot of very talented freshmen and sophomores. If QB Drew Allar is the real deal, the Penn State may finally be able to jump up to the next level in the next few years

Last edited:
Meh some technical problems kept me from watching tge Pitt game… espn nu had some Houston team getting blown out insted

Pitt has a freshman in at QB … he has 108 yards passing, 3 times what WM has… and they are out rushing and winning the turnover battle with them… but they were only up 13-6 with wm driving last I checked…

Losing two qbs is always the worse…
They wore them down in the 4th. The rookie Yarnell presented himself well.