• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 4

Am I the only one here???

Depends on where "here" is?

I've been there, here, and even back again but to be here is definately dependent on what world and time zone one is in........................

Salute the nation

TapeANaspin2it; GREAT write up thank you.

I had the tennassee / florida game on while processing garden peppers. was a pretty good game.

Salute the nation

Depends on where "here" is?

I've been there, here, and even back again but to be here is definately dependent on what world and time zone one is in........................

Salute the nation
optical-illusion-abstract-rotati.jpeg

So Flordia scored again, so they had to go for two to make it a 3 point game with 17 seconds left. They didn't get it so down by 5. They recovered onside kick at their 47, now they've moved it to Tennessee 38 but they gotta get a touchdown because their Jackass head coach inexplicably went for two, four and a half minutes earlier on the prior touchdown. Pick six on desperation pass because what could of been field possession for a field goal if they gained ten more yards turned into desperation pass.

the 2 pointer made no sense. I even brought up a calculator just to double check the math because i was thinking that I must have been missing something. Nope. Their coach is just a moron. Also as evidenced when he went on the field like a raving lunatic while the refs were replaying a potential Tenn TD. It was ruled no TD and I believe would have been 4th down but that idiot gave them a 1st down with his antics.

the 2 pointer made no sense. I even brought up a calculator just to double check the math because i was thinking that I must have been missing something. Nope. Their coach is just a moron. Also as evidenced when he went on the field like a raving lunatic while the refs were replaying a potential Tenn TD. It was ruled no TD and I believe would have been 4th down but that idiot gave them a 1st down with his antics.

I s saw this whole thing as well, had they went for the extra point twice, they would have only needed a FG to tie at the end, a possibility likely to happen. As opposed, they had to score the TD out-right.

When that first 2pt attemp I had to shut down pepper chopper and say aloud........ WTF is this moron doing........ ?

Salute the nation

Makes you appreciate Coach Tomlin doesn't it???

I was impressed with their first two drives but after that Central Michigan woke up and played them tough the rest of the game - turnovers and penalties killed CMU. The PSU team we saw today didn't have the pass rush they're going to need to compete in the rest of their schedule. BTW, what years did you go to PSU or are you just a fan of the team?

I went there in the mid 90s. Was there when they were robbed of national championship in 94.

Makes you appreciate Coach Tomlin doesn't it???

i don't think Tomlin is great, but he's definitely not bad as some think. NFL coaching is bad in general right now. It used to be that nearly every team had an OC and DC with like 20 years experience and the HC had several years coordinator experience in various stops, and learning multiple systems.

Now they hand out head coaching jobs to almost any young guy who mentions analytics in an interview and has only a few years as a playcaller. They hand out OC positions to young guys who were lucky enough to be on a staff that had 1 big season. These young coaches only know 1 sliver of football, 1 system and when it doesn't work, they don't know what to do.

These young coaches all have huge egos too. Look at how may insist on also calling plays. That used to be rare. Now it's common.

Oh wow - Arkansas (10) falls to Texas A&M (23)...we have both on the schedule over the next two weeks and then Tennessee...

Tape won't even write a full paragraph on any of these games.