• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 6

Was surprised by their performance today. I was writing them off with the way Beck/Bobo tandem has shaped out.

Was also pleased with the defense and the way they handled Kentucky’s run game.

I was expecting a physical battle. Kentucky looked like they were no push over. I cannot doubt Kirby Smart though. That guy has completely turned Georgia football around.

He's definitely cemented himself as one of the best coaches in their history.

I am sure all the “eastern time zone people “ were snoring in their sleep while this was on. I think it was still on at 11:30 here. Crazy game USC should have lost it. I have never seen such bone headed play calling by both coaches in the 4th quarter. Arizona as well. But it sure made for some entertainment. Exciting as can be! As a recent converted college football fan in my old age....I can see why some of you guys love to watch these games. I just don’t know enough about all the teams,players,coaches etc. but the last few years I’ve been watching more and more.

That being said....the hype around the QB for USC is real. May not of had his best passing game statistically,but he sure put the team on his back when needed to. Shall be interesting to see how he does in the NFL. Arizona played their hearts out.

Yesterday Maryland vs OSU....on 4th and 1 Maryland goes for it, in the shotgun. It blows up on them.
Sounds familiar.

I thought I would have to buy some tissues for the Notre Dame announcers. Even called out an excuse of players having exams in the week of game. Over ranked once more because of name.

Not drinking today...saving it for tomorrow. My liver will thank me...
I stepped up for you last night my friend. I have been going to this bar on Sat nights. last night me the wife and son and my daughter from Mobile went watched MI and had a few. the owners are from Brazil and every week they make me a new drink. very cool and laid back. reminds me of some of the places I went to in the early 80's.

I thought I would have to buy some tissues for the Notre Dame announcers. Even called out an excuse of players having exams in the week of game. Over ranked once more because of name.
Whatever---announcers get paid to talk..

That beat down looked a lot like the Texans win over the Steelers .
Notre Dame was outplayed physically and didn't look engaged from the get go.

They better recovered fast....cause here comes probably the best undefeated team they faced over the last 3 weeks!
Damn--what a stretch of games!

That was some might fine playcalling on the Miami Coaches part… if that happened to a western PAteam the media here would all say the players should have played better… don’t fumble and that doesn’t happen….

Of course if you take a knee that doesn’t happen… but the coaches can’t be at fault for their play calls…
Fumbles are the exact reason why you take a knee.