• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 8

what a **** show. It was like watching the steelers play offense. The defense is great and kept Penn State in it almost the whole way. I have no idea what they were even trying to accomplish on offense. Only 9 carries each for the RBs. It was tough sledding but they were gaining yards and did pop a few good runs. Why abandon it in a low scoring game?

Ohio State wasn't exactly killing it with the run but they kept doing it. Their Rb ended up with 24 carries for 62 yards. Not great but it was enough to keep McCord out of long situations most times.

Penn State's WRs just don;t get open. Allar had a bad game but it's like watching Pickett. Hard to judge when guys aren't really open on so many plays.

They had the Bye and then the UMass game so they probably prepared for a good 3 weeks for this game. Maybe that was part of the problem. Instead of getting better on the fundamentals, they put in some stupid trick plays. They got too cute.

Just about every short yardage situation, they went with some kind of gadget play. What happened to the T formation that they've been using for going on 2 years? That's why Penn State had been so great in the redzone. They were converting short yardage with the QB push and the T formation. They didn't even attempt it a single time.

Is it the OC or is Franklin meddling? Kind of the same dilema with the Steelers. Penn State has had explosive offenses under Franklin in the past. Why so conservative now?

The lack of big plays was frustrating leading up to this, but I was Ok with it because they had control of those games and it wasn't needed. I suppose I stupidly assumed they had a package of deep plays they were keeping hidden until the Ohio State game. Nope. Apparently the gameplan was to try to win it 9-7

In the last 7 or so years, the talent gap has been wide. OSU had 1st round QB, and elite OL and WR talent. This was the year, the QB is shaky, the OL is just OK and the WRs aside from Harrison are not reliable. This was the year to really challenge them. Go at them. Instead they just rolled over.

f uck ut

refs gotta keep their shot at the playoffs alive

**** them

Pitt had the first down and the win. NCAA should be embarrassed
I can’t believe that call. He ran and slide for a first down.
Pitt's bad this year, real bad. It's tough enough to be in position to win so anything that goes wrong is magnified. Oh well, a loss closer to hopefully a new offensive coaching staff.

I think you mean the Maize and Blue ... I know the NCAA does.

don't hold your breathe. Once again we'll be told it was no big deal, almost no advantage at all, yet they committed tons of time and effort into it. It will be just like spygate. A slap on the wrist and some low level staffer gets fired.

Pitt's bad this year, real bad. It's tough enough to be in position to win so anything that goes wrong is magnified. Oh well, a loss closer to hopefully a new offensive coaching staff.
He should have just run out of bounds, but it appeared he was passed the down marker when he began his slide. Dumb mistake in a dumb season for them.

I wonder if MI would trade us McCarthy for picket straight up. or we could throw in a offensive coordinator to sweeten the pot.

Michigan State's program is in a bad place. I wonder if they're going to get Urban Meyer.

If Urban gets back in, there's no way he's taking over a rebuild or a 2nd tier team, IE a team that won't spend a ton of money on facilities NIL etc. I bet Urb was rooting for Penn State today hoping he could slide back into the OSU job.

I can see Texas A&M. Lots of boosters with money.

Utah knows how to beat USC. They beat them again with a field goal as time expired.
USC has been a declining program this past decade. They used to be a respected program and an opponent that many schools circled. Funny to see the mighty fall like they have

what a **** show. It was like watching the steelers play offense. The defense is great and kept Penn State in it almost the whole way. I have no idea what they were even trying to accomplish on offense. Only 9 carries each for the RBs. It was tough sledding but they were gaining yards and did pop a few good runs. Why abandon it in a low scoring game?

Ohio State wasn't exactly killing it with the run but they kept doing it. Their Rb ended up with 24 carries for 62 yards. Not great but it was enough to keep McCord out of long situations most times.

Penn State's WRs just don;t get open. Allar had a bad game but it's like watching Pickett. Hard to judge when guys aren't really open on so many plays.

They had the Bye and then the UMass game so they probably prepared for a good 3 weeks for this game. Maybe that was part of the problem. Instead of getting better on the fundamentals, they put in some stupid trick plays. They got too cute.

Just about every short yardage situation, they went with some kind of gadget play. What happened to the T formation that they've been using for going on 2 years? That's why Penn State had been so great in the redzone. They were converting short yardage with the QB push and the T formation. They didn't even attempt it a single time.

Is it the OC or is Franklin meddling? Kind of the same dilema with the Steelers. Penn State has had explosive offenses under Franklin in the past. Why so conservative now?

The lack of big plays was frustrating leading up to this, but I was Ok with it because they had control of those games and it wasn't needed. I suppose I stupidly assumed they had a package of deep plays they were keeping hidden until the Ohio State game. Nope. Apparently the gameplan was to try to win it 9-7

In the last 7 or so years, the talent gap has been wide. OSU had 1st round QB, and elite OL and WR talent. This was the year, the QB is shaky, the OL is just OK and the WRs aside from Harrison are not reliable. This was the year to really challenge them. Go at them. Instead they just rolled over.
It seems to me that Mike Yursich doesn’t know how to run an offense with a guy that can’t run. With Clifford, there was the threat of him keeping and running and I think that helped keep the defense off balance allowing for a better running game over all. With the statue they have at QB now, there’s no threat of that, so teams can just key on the RB’s.

And Penn State needs to recruit some legit WR’s. They haven’t had a great one in a while. Not sure how many are gonna wanna commit when the QB throws like Edward Scissorhands on anything over five yards. Never thought I’d say this, but I miss Sean Clifford.

I think you mean the Maize and Blue ... I know the NCAA does.
I was actually referring to the novel, but yeah it will be interesting to see what comes out of the investigation. The NCAA certainly seems to have a hard on for Jim. It certainly looked like they were cheating against MSU. I'm sure that game was depressing for MSU fans. I thought the game might be somewhat entertaining, but it was not.

I was actually referring to the novel, but yeah it will be interesting to see what comes out of the investigation. The NCAA certainly seems to have a hard on for Jim. It certainly looked like they were cheating against MSU. I'm sure that game was depressing for MSU fans. I thought the game might be somewhat entertaining, but it was not.
I think Michigan will get out a-ok from this.
They shouldn’t, but they’re a P5 blue blood school.