• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 8

If Urban gets back in, there's no way he's taking over a rebuild or a 2nd tier team, IE a team that won't spend a ton of money on facilities NIL etc. I bet Urb was rooting for Penn State today hoping he could slide back into the OSU job.

I can see Texas A&M. Lots of boosters with money.
MSU has some alumni with deep pockets. There are rumors that Meyer was in town a few weeks ago and that MSU's jet was in Sarasota sometime this week. I have no idea whether any of that is true, but I know a lot of the fan base is pulling hard for MSU to get him.

Berm is happy and dreaming because his true passion shined yesterday——-

USC vs UTAH ——————— hellA ending.

Salute the nation

It seems to me that Mike Yursich doesn’t know how to run an offense with a guy that can’t run. With Clifford, there was the threat of him keeping and running and I think that helped keep the defense off balance allowing for a better running game over all. With the statue they have at QB now, there’s no threat of that, so teams can just key on the RB’s.

And Penn State needs to recruit some legit WR’s. They haven’t had a great one in a while. Not sure how many are gonna wanna commit when the QB throws like Edward Scissorhands on anything over five yards. Never thought I’d say this, but I miss Sean Clifford.

Yurcich was the OC for Mason Rudolph at OK State. He can call an offense without a runner. I actually think he's done a great job of adapting to the talent he has at PSU. OK State had WRs. Penn State has had RB and TEs as the strength so he's adapted. With this untra conservative gameplan, I'm now wondering if Franklin is the one limiting the offense.

They have had good WRs. Jahan Dotson was just a 1st rounder 2 years ago. They have been recruiting WR. They have a bunch of good recruits, just none of them have stepped up yet. It took Dotson a few years to really step up.

They kept the offense buttoned up. They must have thought it was enough with their defense to get the win. They were almost right. If not for that iffy hold that took away that defensive TD, maybe they do win this game even with the offense playing horribly.

The final drive they went 4 WR. Allar had some success. Sure OSU was backed off a bit but it wasn't just a prevent. Hopefully going forward they open up the offense more. Now you have to think in terms of getting Allar coached up for next year. Let him finish the year slinging it and maybe you can pull that transfer WR that wants to come play for a top QB.

Yurcich was the OC for Mason Rudolph at OK State. He can call an offense without a runner. I actually think he's done a great job of adapting to the talent he has at PSU. OK State had WRs. Penn State has had RB and TEs as the strength so he's adapted. With this untra conservative gameplan, I'm now wondering if Franklin is the one limiting the offense.

They have had good WRs. Jahan Dotson was just a 1st rounder 2 years ago. They have been recruiting WR. They have a bunch of good recruits, just none of them have stepped up yet. It took Dotson a few years to really step up.

They kept the offense buttoned up. They must have thought it was enough with their defense to get the win. They were almost right. If not for that iffy hold that took away that defensive TD, maybe they do win this game even with the offense playing horribly.

The final drive they went 4 WR. Allar had some success. Sure OSU was backed off a bit but it wasn't just a prevent. Hopefully going forward they open up the offense more. Now you have to think in terms of getting Allar coached up for next year. Let him finish the year slinging it and maybe you can pull that transfer WR that wants to come play for a top QB.
This is Allar's rookie season and they don't have solid WRs to stretch the field. Even in the games they won, it was dink and dunk and few long runs and passes. I am surprised the RBs didn't do nearly as well. I think the backup QB might have had a bit more success since he's also a decent runner but you don't pull your QB in the middle of a game unless he's really stinking it up. Even the announcers were saying how neither coach really trusted his QB. Bottom Line: This team is no better than third in the Big Ten with Franklin as head coach; he just can't get over the hump although I rate him a bit ahead of Tomlin since he does get decent assistants, especially on defense.

This is Allar's rookie season and they don't have solid WRs to stretch the field. Even in the games they won, it was dink and dunk and few long runs and passes. I am surprised the RBs didn't do nearly as well. I think the backup QB might have had a bit more success since he's also a decent runner but you don't pull your QB in the middle of a game unless he's really stinking it up. Even the announcers were saying how neither coach really trusted his QB. Bottom Line: This team is no better than third in the Big Ten with Franklin as head coach; he just can't get over the hump although I rate him a bit ahead of Tomlin since he does get decent assistants, especially on defense.
When the QB couldn't even complete the easy passes I could understand why the OC didn't trust him.

I caught the tail end of the USC/Utah. Wasn't USC down by something like 14 pretty late in the game?

See. I’m going to rate him below Tomlin because he’s doing an average coaching job at a lower level. I mean, both are doing average to below average jobs. Just one of them is doing it at a lower level of competition.