• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Colts Pregame thread

I find Cowerd's complete dismantling of Indy's chances somewhat off putting. Yes, they may not be the best team but acting like they have no chance at all doesn't seem wise, especially when considering our history under Tomlin; two consecutive loses to 2-10 TEAMS RING A BELL?

Big whoop. So are you rooting for the Steelers or not?

Do you ever participate in the prediction threads?

I find Cowerd's complete dismantling of Indy's chances somewhat off putting.
You should be off pudding.

You should be off pudding…

Because you are fat.

You shouldn’t eat any more pudding…

I’m going to the game and staying the night on the way home from Parent’s weekend at IU. IU football is getting top 25 votes after years of bottom dwelling. I’ve heard good thing about seeing a game in Indy. I’ve only ever driven through Indy, first time truly visiting.

I always fear games they are supposed to win. And games they are supposed to lose. over the last several years it does not matter. 10-7 or then 9-7 no matter what.

They should beat the Colts handily as long as there are no major injuries on Def.

I find Cowerd's complete dismantling of Indy's chances somewhat off putting. Yes, they may not be the best team but acting like they have no chance at all doesn't seem wise, especially when considering our history under Tomlin; two consecutive loses to 2-10 TEAMS RING A BELL?
Holy crap the colts are 2-10???
And we only have 3 lil ole wins

Stupid dummy Tomlin should play more games if other teams have played 12 and that big fat blubbering dummy has only played 3

What a moron

I always fear games they are supposed to win. And games they are supposed to lose. over the last several years it does not matter. 10-7 or then 9-7 no matter what.

They should beat the Colts handily as long as there are no major injuries on Def.
You can’t have any pudding if you don’t eat your meat

Bacon, bacon, bacon
you are killing it!

Do we earn points for drives that dont end in turnovers? If so I like our chances
Unfortunately we don’t

But we’ve already locked up a first quarter of the season Tomlinship, so there’s that!

The killing purely a result of the Zacapa Rum and the peyote care package from DIC

Maybe it's just my impression, but Indianapolis always seems like one of those locations the Steelers struggle and I fully expect the same. Way more worried about the Colts this week than the upcoming Cowboys game.

Maybe it's just my impression, but Indianapolis always seems like one of those locations the Steelers struggle and I fully expect the same. Way more worried about the Colts this week than the upcoming Cowboys game.
Colin Cowherd has been acting as if the Colts have ZERO POINT ZERO chance of being in the game.

I hope everyone on the team reads this post. Players, coaches, ownership... hell I hope the person washing the damn uniforms reads this post.

Colts did whoop steelers butt 30 to 13, nine months ago, game is not a gimme. Steelers are better this year, but it wasn't that long ago colts dominated steelers, just saying. That said 23 steelers, 17 colts.

Holy crap the colts are 2-10???
And we only have 3 lil ole wins

Stupid dummy Tomlin should play more games if other teams have played 12 and that big fat blubbering dummy has only played 3

What a moron

OK, this would be a time to tell you to ease off the Peyote, to much in continuous time will get you stuck on the other side.

Salute the nation

What’s Coach Tomlin ‘s record against them when they are a sub .500 record ?

Salute the nation

Well since you asked

Year - W/L - Colts Record -Final record

2007 - dnp
2008 - L / 4-4 / 12-4
2009 - dnp
2010 - dnp
2011 - W / 0-3 / 2-14
2012 - dnp
2013 - dnp
2014 - W / 5-2 / 11-5
2015 - W / 6-5 / 8-8
2016 - W / 5-5 / 8-8
2017 - W / 3-6 / 4-12
2018 - dnp
2019 - W / 5-2 / 7-9
2020 - W / 10-4 / 11-5
2021 - dnp
2022 - W / 4-7-1 / 4-12-1
2023 - L / 7-6 / 9-8

So 8-2 overall, with zero sub 500 losses

Well since you asked

2007 - dnp
2008 - L / 4-4 / 12-4
2009 - dnp
2010 - dnp
2011 - W / 0-3 / 2-14
2012 - dnp
2013 - dnp
2014 - W / 5-2 / 11-5
2015 - W / 6-5 / 8-8
2016 - W / 5-5 / 8-8
2017 - W / 3-6 / 4-12
2018 - dnp
2019 - W / 5-2 / 7-9
2020 - W / 10-4 / 11-5
2021 - dnp
2023 - L / 7-6 / 9-8

Thank You SIR, appreciate it and all your great post(s) along the way.

Salute the nation

Well since you asked

2007 - dnp
2008 - L / 4-4 / 12-4
2009 - dnp
2010 - dnp
2011 - W / 0-3 / 2-14
2012 - dnp
2013 - dnp
2014 - W / 5-2 / 11-5
2015 - W / 6-5 / 8-8
2016 - W / 5-5 / 8-8
2017 - W / 3-6 / 4-12
2018 - dnp
2019 - W / 5-2 / 7-9
2020 - W / 10-4 / 11-5
2021 - dnp
2023 - L / 7-6 / 9-8

Is that a citation 🤣😂🤣

Let’s not let facts get in the way of a misguided argument

Is that a citation 🤣😂🤣

Let’s not let facts get in the way of a misguided argument

What he is trying to argue is the stats that say
Tomlin is subpar as a favorite. Idk what the current totals are, but for years Tomlins record as a double digit Favorite was somewhat beneath the league average... it was as a 7 and 3 point favorite too, but much closer to average... the league winning average as a double digit favorite usually is around .875

at one point probably five years back, his was at like .800.., that is significant, but not as significant as the haters think..
like if the Steelers were favored by double digits every game in a 17 game season, they would finish with one more loss than an average team...
this is likely due to his philosophy of keeping the game close..

Conversely, he is one of the greatest coaches as an underdog... because it works both ways...

What he is trying to argue is the stats that say
Tomlin is subpar as a favorite. Idk what the current totals are, but for years Tomlins record as a double digit Favorite was somewhat beneath the league average... it was as a 7 and 3 point favorite too, but much closer to average... the league winning average as a double digit favorite usually is around .875

at one point probably five years back, his was at like .800.., that is significant, but not as significant as the haters think..
like if the Steelers were favored by double digits every game in a 17 game season, they would finish with one more loss than an average team...
this is likely due to his philosophy of keeping the game close..

Conversely, he is one of the greatest coaches as an underdog... because it works both ways...
Bottom line, what really matters? What is really significant? Playoffs wins are. How have we been doing there? We haven't won a single playoff games in 7 years. Not a one. Not a single game, in 7 years. That is absurdly horrid. You are a dead franchise with those kind of #s. That is what Shades brings you, he is vastly overrated. How many head coaches keep their job without winning a playoff game is 7 years? 5? 4? Keeping your head coaching job for 7 years without winning a single playoff game is unheard of, and should be. If you aren't winning any playoff games, you are not doing anything.