• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Colts Pregame thread

Bottom line, what really matters? What is really significant? Playoffs wins are. How have we been doing there? We haven't won a single playoff games in 7 years. Not a one. Not a single game, in 7 years. That is absurdly horrid. You are a dead franchise with those kind of #s. That is what Shades brings you, he is vastly overrated. How many head coaches keep their job without winning a playoff game is 7 years? 5? 4? Keeping your head coaching job for 7 years without winning a single playoff game is unheard of, and should be. If you aren't winning any playoff games, you are not doing anything.

Rent free dude. You have a terrible shrink.

This looks like one of those classic trap games. I can only hope the team is prepared to battle Sunday and takes care of business. There is no reason Indy should beat us. Take care of the football and hit their young QB early and often.

Bottom line, what really matters? What is really significant? Playoffs wins are. How have we been doing there? We haven't won a single playoff games in 7 years. Not a one. Not a single game, in 7 years. That is absurdly horrid. You are a dead franchise with those kind of #s. That is what Shades brings you, he is vastly overrated. How many head coaches keep their job without winning a playoff game is 7 years? 5? 4? Keeping your head coaching job for 7 years without winning a single playoff game is unheard of, and should be. If you aren't winning any playoff games, you are not doing anything.
Bottom line. Facts are not your best friend? Shift! Tomlin has not won a playoff game in 7 years! At least thst is a true fact.

Richardson is a cross between Dante Culpepper and Kordell Stewart. He’s big and can move and has a cannon. However like Kordell, he can’t connect his short passes consistently. Lots of work burners.
I do see Terrell Edmunds getting a bat for this game and wouldn’t surprise to me to see him in as a 3 Safety package to share spy duties with Queen and Peyton Wilson. I see Patterson and Najee taking over the game and Jonathan Ward also getting a hat. I think we will see some explosive runs early from Ward who understands Art Smiths playcalling and philosophy

Rent free dude. You have a terrible shrink.

If I wasn’t here reading this board regularly, I wouldn’t believe how desperate this guy is.

He has nothing but bad to say about his “supposedly” favorite team. He is possessed with the negative and head coach. Every post or reply of his, has proof of his infatuation with coach Tomlin.

My daughter has several degrees including a Masters in physiology, Masters in social work, two key degrees that could give me some insight of this behavior type.

I could hardly imagine having a beverage / holiday meal / birthday party / anything with him present. It would be a broken record affair of negativity, the same thing over and over and over and over————————————— the end.

Salute the nation

Richardson is a cross between Dante Culpepper and Kordell Stewart. He’s big and can move and has a cannon. However like Kordell, he can’t connect his short passes consistently. Lots of work burners.
I do see Terrell Edmunds getting a bat for this game and wouldn’t surprise to me to see him in as a 3 Safety package to share spy duties with Queen and Peyton Wilson. I see Patterson and Najee taking over the game and Jonathan Ward also getting a hat. I think we will see some explosive runs early from Ward who understands Art Smiths playcalling and philosophy
But even more than Kordell, Richardson lacks passing touch, he's oblivious to it. He has thrown for 50% twice an 47% once so far....horrid, terrible #s, just awful. How is a modern, NFL QB supposed to win throwing under 50% for the season????? Our D is #1 so far this year, Indy is #31. Cowherd is right, it would take a miracle for Pgh to lose this one. But Shades managed somehow to lose to two 2-10 leams last year, in consecutive weeks so.....do you remember last year when Shades yelled at a fan, "I'm f-----g working here??"

But even more than Kordell, Richardson lacks passing touch, he's oblivious to it. He has thrown for 50% twice an 47% once so far....horrid, terrible #s, just awful. How is a modern, NFL QB supposed to win throwing under 50% for the season????? Our D is #1 so far this year, Indy is #31. Cowherd is right, it would take a miracle for Pgh to lose this one. But Shades managed somehow to lose to two 2-10 leams last year, in consecutive weeks so.....do you remember last year when Shades yelled at a fan, "I'm f-----g working here??"

Tim Teblow was under 50% iirc... 🤣

Don Shula-8 seasons
Jeff Fisher-7 seasons
Marvin Lewis-7 seasons
Jim Mora- 7 seasons

Not exactly “unheard of”

But I’m sure most here would agree with your point that 7 years IS indeed too long, he is overdue for some playoff success…you could just leave it at that, nuff said…

If you look at the “unheard of” list there are some pretty solid coaches there, fact is a coach that isn’t pretty good won’t get the chance to go that long without a playoff victory because he won’t have built enough trust equity with his organization to last through the futility.

Don Shula-8 seasons
Jeff Fisher-7 seasons
Marvin Lewis-7 seasons
Jim Mora- 7 seasons

Not exactly “unheard of”

But I’m sure most here would agree with your point that 7 years IS indeed too long, he is overdue for some playoff success…you could just leave it at that, nuff said…

If you look at the “unheard of” list there are some pretty solid coaches there, fact is a coach that isn’t pretty good won’t get the chance to go that long without a playoff victory because he won’t have built enough trust equity with his organization to last through the futility.

Im no HCMT fanboy, and seven years is absolutely too long, but his overall body of work is still acceptable..
There is an equation to determine a coach's playoff aptitude..
in tomlin's case, I believe there have been 212 playoff teams in his career... at 32 teams each season, there were 544 teams competing for those spots.. so the average amount a coach should lead his team into the playoffs is 39% of the time.. Tomlin has 17 years, so he should have about 7 (6.6) playoff appearances... he is at 11.

You should win at least 1 playoff game about 20% (19.5%) of the time (the previous number /2) so Tomlins should have 3 to 4 years with a win ( 3.3 ) he has 4 such years

8 teams make the divisional rounds each season, so tomlin should have a little over 4 (4.25) appearances there. He has 5..

He should have about 2 afccgs (2.125) he has 3

He should have a superbowl appearance, he has two

A team should win a superbowl once every 32 years.. Tomlin has one..

He is 12th in playoff appearances and 25th in wins

These are above average numbers overall...

The reality that the TOmlin Hate club may have to face is that since the rooneys kept him for so long through an era his philosophies didnt work, it may finally have come full circle and his style can win in the playoffs again...

We will see

Im no HCMT fanboy, and seven years is absolutely too long, but his overall body of work is still acceptable..
There is an equation to determine a coach's playoff aptitude..
in tomlin's case, I believe there have been 212 playoff teams in his career... at 32 teams each season, there were 544 teams competing for those spots.. so the average amount a coach should lead his team into the playoffs is 39% of the time.. Tomlin has 17 years, so he should have about 7 (6.6) playoff appearances... he is at 11.

You should win at least 1 playoff game about 20% (19.5%) of the time (the previous number /2) so Tomlins should have 3 to 4 years with a win ( 3.3 ) he has 4 such years

8 teams make the divisional rounds each season, so tomlin should have a little over 4 (4.25) appearances there. He has 5..

He should have about 2 afccgs (2.125) he has 3

He should have a superbowl appearance, he has two

A team should win a superbowl once every 32 years.. Tomlin has one..

He is 12th in playoff appearances and 25th in wins

These are above average numbers overall...

The reality that the TOmlin Hate club may have to face is that since the rooneys kept him for so long through an era his philosophies didnt work, it may finally have come full circle and his style can win in the playoffs again...

We will see
Great post!

He just happened to have some very successful years (the Ben prime years) to bump up his success ratios…

And then some futility as Ben hit the end of the road and through the search for a HOF QBs replacement.

I’m no fanboy either, by any means. Up until this year I was one of his biggest critics. But as certain posters kept bringing strange non fact based arguments I did research (much like you presented above) and the research brought me back to a place where I try to keep my criticisms of him fair and more fact based. So I left the Tomlin hate club and the season has been much more enjoyable.

I like the direction of the roster under Khan/Weidl (maybe it was Colbert not bringing the right talent? Maybe). At any rate we seem to be trending up and even the Tomlin hate club will hopefully have to enjoy the happy ending of a SB victory soon…maybe not this year, it is a QB driven league…but who knows, stranger things have happened.

Again, great post and solid mathing it out for the hate club.

Quit moving the damn goalposts Lloyd. You get caught red handed that your narrative is a sinking ship and BOOM PLAYOFFS? You're Jim Mora talking about playoffs! It's a tired old broken record with people that can't argue points and admit they were wrong with their assessment. It happens.

Lost to 2 2-10 teams. Who was the QB? Trubisky. One of only 2 QBs that Tomlin ever coached with a losing record, IN HIS CAREER. What happened in that indy game last year? Trubisky went down late and Rudolph came in and stared the next 3 games and won against CIN 8-7 SEA 8-8 & BAL in BAL 13-4 and made the playoffs. Yeah, I remember that, but you won't give Tomlin any acknowledgement for swtiching QBs, righting the ship, and winning with our QB3 to make the playoffs.

I do agree it is absurd to say any team has no chance to win in the NFL. We've seen it happen too many times this season already. NE @ CIN, LV @ BAL, ATL @ PHL. That being said, I love this matchup. Richardson has 6 INTs in 3 games! His completion percentage is sub 500. This is a dream for our D. If they can limit Taylor from getting loose on a run, this is a terrible matchup for Indy. Also they suck at run D and we want to run and control the clock. So in short, our O matches up great against their D, and or D is terrible for their O. Should be a big win, but turnovers, penalties, and injuries can turn any sure thing into a loss in this league.

Don Shula-8 seasons
Jeff Fisher-7 seasons
Marvin Lewis-7 seasons
Jim Mora- 7 seasons

Not exactly “unheard of”

Marvin Lewis and Jim Mora made your list????????????????? OK, there.

Marvin Lewis and Jim Mora made your list????????????????? OK, there.
Not my list
Just facts

You stated it was “unheard of”

I simply listed multiple examples contradicting yet another asinine statement by you that lack factual content

I’m pretty certain 99% of the legitimate posters on this board have heard all of those coaches names