• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coolie's Coogs to Watch for next year

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I know you all love my annual pre-season threads so you know who to watch when you tune in on Saturday's to watch the Houston Cougars

1. QB Donovan Smith - 6'5" 235 - Smith transferred in from Texas Tech prior to the 2023 season. He had a decent season 2800 yards with 22 passing TDs and 6 rushing, but did throw 13 picks. He is athletic enough but does not just bail out and run at first pressure. He needs to work on progressing through his targets better and not focus on his 1st read, and not try to force throws into tight coverage, needs to try an anticipate the wr moves a bit better. He does not have a huge arm, but can make any throw on the field. He moves well in the pocket but can react slowly to pressure (see 13 sacks) With a quality season I could see him go in the second or even sneak into a late first round option

2. S AJ Haulcy - 6-0" 215 - 97 tackles, 1 FF 3 PD - big hitting safety. Loves to play downhill and attack the running game. Can be overly aggressive. He is not a detriment in the passing game but he could use improvement in his coverage technique. He is likely a 4th -6th round choice on day three

3. WR Samual Brown 6'2" 200 - transfered in from WV last season and quickly got himself in the rotation 62 catches for 815 yards and 3 TDs - good size for a WR, mid 4.4 n the 40, 38 inch vertical is a fluid route runner and catches well with this hands. fights well for contested balls and is not afraid of contact. He is not overly dynamic after the catch but has enough vision to make plays and get plenty of YAC. - likely 2nd or 3rd round option

4. WR Joseph Manjack 6'3" 205 - solid WR not super speedy but extremly tough. always seems to be able to find a open spot led the team with 6 recieving TDs last season. excellent route runner and can make people miss after the catch - likely day 3 option

5 RB Parker Jenkins - 5'11" 200 - only a sophomore but as a freshman he came on late in the season and took the starting job from more experienced teammates. runs hard and shows some talent in the passing game (15 catches with no drops). he also returned 8 kickoffs for 140 yards. Not likely to be in the draft in 2025 but is a guy to watch as he progresses

others I here good things about but have not seem much since they are tranfer portal additions
Maliq Carr TE (out of Michigan State)
Kendre Gant LB (out of Louisianna)
Jeremiah Wilson CB (out of Syracuse)

I know you all love my annual pre-season threads so you know who to watch when you tune in on Saturday's to watch the Houston Cougars

1. QB Donovan Smith - 6'5" 235 - Smith transferred in from Texas Tech prior to the 2023 season. He had a decent season 2800 yards with 22 passing TDs and 6 rushing, but did throw 13 picks. He is athletic enough but does not just bail out and run at first pressure. He needs to work on progressing through his targets better and not focus on his 1st read, and not try to force throws into tight coverage, needs to try an anticipate the wr moves a bit better. He does not have a huge arm, but can make any throw on the field. He moves well in the pocket but can react slowly to pressure (see 13 sacks) With a quality season I could see him go in the second or even sneak into a late first round option

2. S AJ Haulcy - 6-0" 215 - 97 tackles, 1 FF 3 PD - big hitting safety. Loves to play downhill and attack the running game. Can be overly aggressive. He is not a detriment in the passing game but he could use improvement in his coverage technique. He is likely a 4th -6th round choice on day three

3. WR Samual Brown 6'2" 200 - transfered in from WV last season and quickly got himself in the rotation 62 catches for 815 yards and 3 TDs - good size for a WR, mid 4.4 n the 40, 38 inch vertical is a fluid route runner and catches well with this hands. fights well for contested balls and is not afraid of contact. He is not overly dynamic after the catch but has enough vision to make plays and get plenty of YAC. - likely 2nd or 3rd round option

4. WR Joseph Manjack 6'3" 205 - solid WR not super speedy but extremly tough. always seems to be able to find a open spot led the team with 6 recieving TDs last season. excellent route runner and can make people miss after the catch - likely day 3 option

5 RB Parker Jenkins - 5'11" 200 - only a sophomore but as a freshman he came on late in the season and took the starting job from more experienced teammates. runs hard and shows some talent in the passing game (15 catches with no drops). he also returned 8 kickoffs for 140 yards. Not likely to be in the draft in 2025 but is a guy to watch as he progresses

others I here good things about but have not seem much since they are tranfer portal additions
Maliq Carr TE (out of Michigan State)
Kendre Gant LB (out of Louisianna)
Jeremiah Wilson CB (out of Syracuse)

Sam Brown could be a sleeper. He had no opportunities in Neal Brown’s offense at WVa, and was stuck behind a couple of incumbents. Thing is, Coolie I thought Brown transferred to Miami so as to play in the ACC in 2024? Did he flip back to UH?

no need Lunar

they have been badgering me for this for weeks
No Moon Boy...you've been waiting to send this to us all off season. I am interested in every one of these prospects though...

Hey!!! Did you go back and watch Frazier handle Ed Oliver all game last week against the Bills??? I think we found a gem in this kid at C!!!

Sam Brown could be a sleeper. He had no opportunities in Neal Brown’s offense at WVa, and was stuck behind a couple of incumbents. Thing is, Coolie I thought Brown transferred to Miami so as to play in the ACC in 2024? Did he flip back to UH?
damn you're right

not sure how I missed that he left

guess he will be a bust now

GeYzD.gif

No Moon Boy...you've been waiting to send this to us all off season. I am interested in every one of these prospects though...

Hey!!! Did you go back and watch Frazier handle Ed Oliver all game last week against the Bills??? I think we found a gem in this kid at C!!!

went back to watch specificall for this

Oliver spent most of his time going against Seumalo not Frazier. the only time inthe first quarter that I saw Oliver blocked by Frazier was after he had beaten the guard and Frazier picked him up.

Frazier did have a good game but he was not blocking Oliver...Seumalo did not

went back to watch specificall for this

Oliver spent most of his time going against Seumalo not Frazier. the only time inthe first quarter that I saw Oliver blocked by Frazier was after he had beaten the guard and Frazier picked him up.

Frazier did have a good game but he was not blocking Oliver...Seumalo did not
I just wanted to ruffle your feathers 🤪🤪🤪