• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Fields not looking good in his starter opportunity

"Cause I have friends, and that's a fact
Like Agnes, Agatha, Jermaine, and Jack."

“The mob is fickle, my brother”. :bolt::ROFLMAO:

Salute the nation

Madden calls Tomlin a "nitwit" for having Russ try to hit sleds. Said Ben would have never agreed to do it. It's where the calf injury happened. Madden correct again?
Fittapaldo said the same thing. I disagree with both of them. For you this is about Tomlin...for me it isn't.

These are football players, right? I assume sometime during the season there may be a turnover, and Wilson may have to be a football player in that moment. Or how about if he hands off, and Warren reverses field and Wilson needs to make a block? It seems as if he can't be expected to hit a blocking sled because he might hurt himself, then I guess he should just just fall down prostrate on the field in the event those things happen. So a football player can't do football things without getting hurt?

I would argue if he hurt his calf doing that, he would have hurt it doing something else. Something wasn't right there. Would Madden and Fittapaldo and you feel better if he hurt it running? Or shouldn't he do that? Put bubble wrap around him till the season starts?

Fittapaldo said the same thing. I disagree with both of them. For you this is about Tomlin...for me it isn't.

These are football players, right? I assume sometime during the season there may be a turnover, and Wilson may have to be a football player in that moment. Or how about if he hands off, and Warren reverses field and Wilson needs to make a block? It seems as if he can't be expected to hit a blocking sled because he might hurt himself, then I guess he should just just fall down prostrate on the field in the event those things happen. So a football player can't do football things without getting hurt?

I would argue if he hurt his calf doing that, he would have hurt it doing something else. Something wasn't right there. Would Madden and Fittapaldo and you feel better if he hurt it running? Or shouldn't he do that? Put bubble wrap around him till the season starts?
I merely relayed what one writer thought. Don't kill the messenger. But there are PLENTY of decisions Tomlin makes to be called a nitwit, too many to count.

I merely relayed what one writer thought. Don't kill the messenger. But there are PLENTY of decisions Tomlin makes to be called a nitwit, too many to count.
I know. That is why I said I disagree with them. Hey, I get what they are saying, too. But this is still football.

I know. That is why I said I disagree with them. Hey, I get what they are saying, too. But this is still football.
The media buzz is about Justin stealing the starting QB spot now. Who knows? I think there is a semi-secret deal that Russ keeps the staters job within reason. But I warned of the little "calf injury" when it happened, calfs can be tricky. Remember when Bettis had one? Russ is back today I guess.

Last edited:
Is Fields better than T-biscuit?

IMO he can’t be much worse

If he is better than T-biscuit then they upgraded the position and that is always a positive in my book…obviously Russ should be an upgrade at QB1 over KP

So are we really bitching that they likely upgraded QB1 and QB2 while lowering the cost?
People don’t really want an upgrade from QB32 to QB20-25, they want QB1, any less and they are upset. These same people would rather sign a 10 year 600 million QB, no matter how it fux up the team cap.

The media buzz is about Justin stealing the starting QB spot now. Who knows? I think there is a semi-secret deal that Russ keeps the staters job within reason. But I warned of the little "calf injury" when it happened, calfs can be tricky. Remember when Bettis had one? Russ is back today I guess.
Semi secret. Only a few of us know about it. Don't tell everyone!

Man where would we be if he didn’t warn us about how calf injuries can be tricky. A regular Marcus Welby MD.

Doesn't look that bad to me..

W-00914-00-Animal-Health-Veterinarian-Calf-Cow-Leg-Injury.jpg

I would guess San Francisco was better and took the game more seriously than the preseason teams. Could have that had something to do with it?

Look, I agree that the offensive coaching has been putrid. But they aren't playing against air.
I think the SF game put the team in a shell last season. Instead of just shaking it off and trying again they went ultra conservative.

You seem to be semi-knowledgeable on these kinds of things………………

I won’t tell anybody about your knowledge, your semi secret is safe with me………………..

Salute the nation

I think the SF game put the team in a shell last season. Instead of just shaking it off and trying again they went ultra conservative.
"Someone" went ultra conservative, not naming names. I wonder who that would be?

Offseason and camp prognosticators' daily reviews of Fields (and many other players) summed up: "He's awesome. He sucks again. He's awesome. He sucks again."
I noticed that. That was kind of his history, wasn't it? He's played well enough that some are saying he's earned a chance to "compete' for starting role. And on it goes.

Offseason and camp prognosticators' daily reviews of Fields (and many other players) summed up: "He's awesome. He sucks again. He's awesome. He sucks again."

So, we have to “time” our games to be on the awesome days……….

I wonder if the NFL scheduling department took this into consideration, while making the schedule………..

Salute the nation

They have a new S&C coach, right? That'll be something to watch this season. Either way, Tomlin should not have had his veteran QB (or any QB) pushing a sled.
Most Tomlin thing ever for a guy known as a thick plodder.