• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Cougar Pro Day

He isn't the only one they showed interest in.

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...g-interest-in-houston-lb-s-deontay-anderson/.

Anderson could play that money position that the GB player tried to fill who was that again Burnett? Anywho Jones could fill Hilton's spot.

I could definitely see one of the two coming the Steelers way of available day three.
I saw that last night and thought I had posted that in here

I get it. We wouldn't use a cougar properly

Speak for yourself/..............................................

Salute the nation

Anderson looks like a steeler to me but where to draft him?

When I was 18 I dated a cougar. she was 32. Just sex but it was fun. why are we talking about cougar being drafted by the Steelers? they are usually to old.
I thought there was going to be pics of Lisa Ann.

If I had to guess I am thinking 4. You are not playing him outside so that will knock him down due to some size limitations.

His return ability could help his cause and if you think you could play him on offense. So due to being off a round with Claypool I will call it the round 3 to 5 range.
Doesn't Tomlin have some weird rule about only wanting offensive guys being returners? Because of course he does

Doesn't Tomlin have some weird rule about only wanting offensive guys being returners? Because of course he does
Well they picked up a returner in free agency. So I would presume he has front running for the job. Buttttt if a guy clearly beats him out on the defensive side of the ball I would think they would give him the nod. What D player did you think deserved a nod that didn't get one?

well Jones played WR also at UH
Yep good point. I remember reading that but you can easily forget it. As I tend to zoom in on his possible ability to replace Hilton.

Since our WR room is fairly empty

Jake Herslow played his time at Old Dominion and transferred to UH to play one more year and only thought he would get time on special teams He played well there, Holgerson says he is the best special teams player he has coached, but worked hard and ended up 3rd in receptions and yards and tied for 2nd in receiving TDs definitely worth a shot as an UDFA

His last catch at UH was the game winning TD against Auburn in the bowl game

Last edited:
One of the best return men the Steelers ever had was Rod Woodson.
That being said, bad special teams, particularly in the return game, have been part of the Steelers Way even predating Chuck Noll.

more Logan Hall

Not really a need position, but if he slips to the 2nd????

Damarion WIlliams

Are you encouraged by the attention Steelers showed at the schools pro day? As in one of your likes could be drafted by the Steelers? Because really they could use a CB or add to the Dline...

Are you encouraged by the attention Steelers showed at the schools pro day? As in one of your likes could be drafted by the Steelers? Because really they could use a CB or add to the Dline...
Yes

while I doubt Logan Hall fits their needs this year

Marcus Jones would be a great fit - glad to see he is expected to visit the Steelers

Anderson is a type of guy they like to go after but I have no idea where he might go. Likely a day 3 guy.

Williams could be a solid HIlton replacement. If you watch his highlights there are a few tackles that were perfect. The first one is around the one minute mark right at the goal line. He plays the run well and is not afraid to stick his head in there to take down much bigger guys

Anenih would be a solid guy on special teams and could develop into a consistent back up at the OLB.

I love what Herslow brings to the field. He joined UH after being at Old Dominion because the special teams coach told him he would fit in perfect with his squad and he was big producer just in ways that don't make any stat line. He also worked hard and spent a lot of time watching film and became a solid weapon on offense. He made several big plays during the season to keep drives alive and was a solid blocker at the WR position. He is out front blocking on a lot of big plays for the coogs.

and their center Kody Russey really impressed some teams at the pro day. I went back and watched the SMU game (mainly because Jones wins it with a KR TD with 30 seconds left in the game) but also to watch Russey. I am not great at evaluating OL play but he looked good to me. He kept his guy out of Tune's way on passes and got good push on running plays. 38 reps on the bench and a 30 inch vertical sound good to me for on interior OL.

Houston's Pro day was today so Coolie is gonna pimp his coogs

I've been pimping DL Logan Hall - likely 2nd rounder who could sneak into the first round if a team really likes him. Played inside and at DE at UH and was disruptive wherever he lined up. He has the power to bullrush interior OL and is quick enough to shoot the gaps and beat them that way also.

Damarion WIlliams - CB (ran a 4.53 40 today) solid in coverage and a willing tackler. I posted a link where someone had really broke down his game....will link it here again

My favorite is Marcus Jones - corner with really good speed and good hands. Had 5 picks last season and double digit PDs. also 2 PR and 2 KR TDs last year

Here is a link to the UH Pro Day stats

A few guys had a really good showing today

If the Steelers want to bring in another body for the center battle - Kody Russell had 38 reps on the bench and a 30 inch vertical To me that shows strength and explosiveness He was a transfer from La Tech so this was his only year at UH. Maybe someone better at judging OL can view a game or two (I'll post a couple below) Day 3 or UDFA

Deontay Anderson S/LB - You know the Steelers love this type of player. 6' 1" 218 played S but moved to LB this past season decent speed, solid tackler aggressively attacks the ball. will have to watch some games and add to my analysis of him. - who knows the Steelers may take him any time.

Mulbah Carr RB - 5'10" 210 4.65 40 37.5 vertical - solid back, not flashy. Super Freshman RB McCaskill kept Carr on the bench most of the time. He is a hard runner but needs better field vision. Won't break a 50 yarder but will get the tough yards. Decent receiver out of the backfield - worth a shot as a UDFA

David Anenih - OLB - quick pass rusher, strong tackler and chases the play. 6'2" 245 likely not a rotation guy right away but could provide good production on special teams and grow into a OLB spot.

'
"
Oh Houston Cougars.

I was thinking of another type of Cougar
😅