• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

COVID VACCINATION

I simply could not see myself vaccinating my child with an essentially experimental vaccine for a virus that has been shown to have virtually no effect on healthy people under 30 years old, no matter what the schools require. There are easy ways to obtain exceptions for these requirements. They make it sound difficult, but it isn't. They did the same thing with HPV, and I know several people who have refused it for their child without consequence, in spite of many implied threats of having their child locked out of school.
If there are at-risk adults living with family under 30 y/o, then those adults should get vaccinated, not the children. I certainly wouldn't inject this vaccine into an adolescent, or a pregnant woman. I truly have trouble understanding the hard-on the 'authorities' seem to have for pushing this vaccine on these populations.
Thats just my OPINION. I'd like to see the scientific data showing me that my opinion is wrong, but we all know it doesn't exist.
HPV vaccines are not required in our school.

A study of 1.7 million women showed a reduction in cervical cancer by 90% in vaccinated women. Treatments for HPV can increase the risk of infertility and miscarriage.

I almost didn't get it for my kids due to anecdotal horror stories but the data show no adverse effects that are out of line in numbers with the control groups. As I mentioned before my son who is 18 still doesn't have his full taste and smell back 4 months after getting covid. Sounds relatively minor I know but we don't know if it's permanent and I also have to wonder what that means exactly in terms of damage done neurologically or to his cells. Another young healthy woman I know is still using an inhaler for shortness of breath months after getting covid. That's two young people I know personally so I'm sure there are many, many more.

I don't know why people look at extremely rare adverse effects from vaccines but ignore the adverse effects of the illnesses they prevent.

A study of 1.7 million women showed a reduction in cervical cancer by 90% in vaccinated women. Treatments for HPV can increase the risk of infertility and miscarriage.

I almost didn't get it for my kids due to anecdotal horror stories but the data show no adverse effects that are out of line in numbers with the control groups. As I mentioned before my son who is 18 still doesn't have his full taste and smell back 4 months after getting covid. Sounds relatively minor I know but we don't know if it's permanent and I also have to wonder what that means exactly in terms of damage done neurologically or to his cells. Another young healthy woman I know is still using an inhaler for shortness of breath months after getting covid. That's two young people I know personally so I'm sure there are many, many more.

I don't know why people look at extremely rare adverse effects from vaccines but ignore the adverse effects of the illnesses they prevent.
Yeah the Gardasil vaccine went through years of R&D and testing not six months. I’m still going to pass on this vaccine for the specific reason that’s a virus only has a .03% chance of killing you

How I look at it is this. If your at risk, get it bc your rate of issue for it are less than vs the virus. If your not at risk your rate of issues of virus vs vaccine are the same.

one day in the future I’m sure I’ll get it but only until more is known and studied.

the thing that is complete bs is they keep pushing the mark. Just a couple weeks so hospitals are not X. ....Just until we get a vaccine ...blah blah blah. How those restrictions going? Why have they not stopped. ...Nope. What we waiting for now. **** off. That’s my opinion.

I'm 50, got the first Pfizer shot 5 weeks ago with no side effects. After seeing several people around me go down for a couple days after getting their 2nd shot, I said screw it. Whatever protection I get from 1 shot is good enough for now.

Had 2nd Moderna in early March. Zero side effects. Every doctor I know has taken it. Whatever vaccine was available. That's good enough for me. If I was in my 20's or younger, I would pass on it.

Yeah the Gardasil vaccine went through years of R&D and testing not six months. I’m still going to pass on this vaccine for the specific reason that’s a virus only has a .03% chance of killing you
On average but some folks like me have a higher risk and somewhat more likely to be fatal. My take, if you're not in a high-risk group then you don't need the vaccine or even to wear a mask.

On average but some folks like me have a higher risk and somewhat more likely to be fatal. My take, if you're not in a high-risk group then you don't need the vaccine or even to wear a mask.
I retired about 2 and a half years ago and haven't has as much as a sniffle since. The same can't be said during my working career, people would regularly cough and sneeze in my face without covering up. We would then exchange an awkward stare and they acted clueless as to what they did. Masks for the stupid and ignorant.

I retired about 2 and a half years ago and haven't has as much as a sniffle since. The same can't be said during my working career, people would regularly cough and sneeze in my face without covering up. We would then exchange an awkward stare and they acted clueless as to what they did. Masks for the stupid and ignorant.
I used to routinely have colds and sinus infections all winter. I just thought it was normal. When I got divorced and only saw my kids one or two weekends a month, magically I almost never got sick.

There is a UFC fighter who was supposed to fight many months ago and contracted covid. He was still coughing up blood during and does not have a fight scheduled yet. We just don't know what all the virus does to the body and even if you feel fine it may cause issues down the road. The same can be said for the vaccines as well though. I understand people's hesitancy to take the vaccine, but i don't think you can just blow covid off because the death rate is not high. There seem to be much more serious long term effects than the flu.

There is a UFC fighter who was supposed to fight many months ago and contracted covid. He was still coughing up blood during and does not have a fight scheduled yet. We just don't know what all the virus does to the body and even if you feel fine it may cause issues down the road. The same can be said for the vaccines as well though. I understand people's hesitancy to take the vaccine, but i don't think you can just blow covid off because the death rate is not high. There seem to be much more serious long term effects than the flu.
They used to call that pneumonia.

There is a UFC fighter who was supposed to fight many months ago and contracted covid. He was still coughing up blood during and does not have a fight scheduled yet. We just don't know what all the virus does to the body and even if you feel fine it may cause issues down the road.

Could be. Just wondering, jitter - does the Chinese flu or the vaccine cause people to welch on bets? If so, I believe you should consult a doctor.

After sending me the $50 you owe.