• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

wrong again, dipshit.

Types of Influenza Viruses​

There are four types of influenza viruses: A, B, C, and D. Influenza A and B viruses cause seasonal epidemics of disease in people (known as flu season) almost every winter in the United States. Influenza A viruses are the only influenza viruses known to cause flu pandemics (i.e., global epidemics of flu disease). A pandemic can occur when a new and different influenza A virus emerges that infects people, has the ability to spread efficiently among people, and against which people have little or no immunity. Influenza C virus infections generally cause mild illness and are not thought to cause human epidemics. Influenza D viruses primarily affect cattle with spillover to other animals but are not known to infect people to cause illness.

Influenza A viruses are divided into subtypes based on two proteins on the surface of the virus: hemagglutinin (H) and neuraminidase (N). There are 18 different hemagglutinin subtypes and 11 different neuraminidase subtypes (H1 through H18 and N1 through N11, respectively). While more than 130 influenza A subtype combinations have been identified in nature, primarily from wild birds, there are potentially many more influenza A subtype combinations given the propensity for virus “reassortment.” Reassortment is a process by which influenza viruses swap gene segments. Reassortment can occur when two influenza viruses infect a host at the same time and swap genetic information. Current subtypes of influenza A viruses that routinely circulate in people include A(H1N1) and A(H3N2). Influenza A subtypes can be further broken down into different genetic “clades” and “sub-clades.” See the “Influenza Viruses” graphic below for a visual depiction of these classifications.

Clades and sub-clades can be alternatively called “groups” and “sub-groups,” respectively. An influenza clade or group is a further subdivision of influenza viruses (beyond subtypes or lineages) based on the similarity of their HA gene sequences. (See the Genome Sequencing and Genetic Characterization page for more information). Clades and subclades are shown on phylogenetic trees as groups of viruses that usually have similar genetic changes (i.e., nucleotide or amino acid changes) and have a single common ancestor represented as a node in the tree (see Figure 1). Dividing viruses into clades and subclades helps flu experts track the proportion of viruses from different clades in circulation.

Note that clades and sub-clades that are genetically different from others are not necessarily antigenically different. This is best understood by first introducing the concepts of “antigens” and “antigenic properties”. As previously described, flu viruses have hemagglutinin (H) and neuraminidase (N) surface proteins. These proteins act as antigens. Antigens are molecular structures on the surface of viruses that are recognized by the immune system and can trigger an immune response (such as antibody production). The antigenic properties are a reflection of the antibody or immune response triggered by the antigens on a particular virus. When two flu viruses are antigenically different, this means that a host’s immune response (antibodies) elicited by infection or vaccination with one of the viruses will not as easily recognize and neutralize the other virus. Therefore, for antigenically different viruses, immunity developed against one of the viruses will not necessarily protect against the other virus as well.

Conversely, when two flu viruses are antigenically similar, a host’s immune response (antibodies) elicited by infection or vaccination with one of the viruses will recognize and neutralize the other virus, thereby protecting against the other virus.

Currently circulating influenza A(H1N1) viruses are related to the pandemic 2009 H1N1 virus that emerged in the spring of 2009 and caused a flu pandemic (CDC 2009 H1N1 Flu website). These viruses, scientifically called the “A(H1N1)pdm09 virus,” and more generally called “2009 H1N1,” have continued to circulate seasonally since then and have undergone genetic changes and changes to their antigenic properties (i.e., the properties of the virus that affect immunity).

Influenza A(H3N2) viruses also change both genetically and antigenically. Influenza A(H3N2) viruses have formed many separate, genetically different clades in recent years that continue to co-circulate.

Influenza B viruses are not divided into subtypes, but instead are further classified into two lineages: B/Yamagata and B/Victoria. Similar to influenza A viruses, influenza B viruses can then be further classified into specific clades and sub-clades. Influenza B viruses generally change more slowly in terms of their genetic and antigenic properties than influenza A viruses, especially influenza A(H3N2) viruses. Influenza surveillance data from recent years shows co-circulation of influenza B viruses from both lineages in the United States and around the world. However, the proportion of influenza B viruses from each lineage that circulate can vary by geographic location and by season. In recent years, flu B/Yamagata viruses have circulated much less frequently in comparison to flu B/Victoria viruses globally.

giphy.gif

Flogtard,

Do you know how to use a toaster?

Flogtard,

Do you know how to use a toaster?

Given how many times he's been burned here, and the epic proportions of his waist-line, I'm guessing...YES

"Mmmm, Pop-Tarts...toaster, mmmm" /Flogobese.

"sO YoU;Re SaYyiNg ThErE aRe TwO FLuEs, A aNd b JuSt LiKe I sAyD??"
- Dr. Flogstain, ded dog dragger, walking champion, golf course trespasser, Dollah Gen'ral expert, Covid expert, shotz/vax expert, and math instructor
Please provide your source that states there are currently hundreds of active flu variants.

wrong again, dipshit.

Types of Influenza Viruses​

There are four types of influenza viruses: A, B, C, and D. Influenza A and B viruses cause seasonal epidemics of disease in people (known as flu season) almost every winter in the United States. Influenza A viruses are the only influenza viruses known to cause flu pandemics (i.e., global epidemics of flu disease). A pandemic can occur when a new and different influenza A virus emerges that infects people, has the ability to spread efficiently among people, and against which people have little or no immunity. Influenza C virus infections generally cause mild illness and are not thought to cause human epidemics. Influenza D viruses primarily affect cattle with spillover to other animals but are not known to infect people to cause illness.

Influenza A viruses are divided into subtypes based on two proteins on the surface of the virus: hemagglutinin (H) and neuraminidase (N). There are 18 different hemagglutinin subtypes and 11 different neuraminidase subtypes (H1 through H18 and N1 through N11, respectively). While more than 130 influenza A subtype combinations have been identified in nature, primarily from wild birds, there are potentially many more influenza A subtype combinations given the propensity for virus “reassortment.” Reassortment is a process by which influenza viruses swap gene segments. Reassortment can occur when two influenza viruses infect a host at the same time and swap genetic information. Current subtypes of influenza A viruses that routinely circulate in people include A(H1N1) and A(H3N2). Influenza A subtypes can be further broken down into different genetic “clades” and “sub-clades.” See the “Influenza Viruses” graphic below for a visual depiction of these classifications.

Clades and sub-clades can be alternatively called “groups” and “sub-groups,” respectively. An influenza clade or group is a further subdivision of influenza viruses (beyond subtypes or lineages) based on the similarity of their HA gene sequences. (See the Genome Sequencing and Genetic Characterization page for more information). Clades and subclades are shown on phylogenetic trees as groups of viruses that usually have similar genetic changes (i.e., nucleotide or amino acid changes) and have a single common ancestor represented as a node in the tree (see Figure 1). Dividing viruses into clades and subclades helps flu experts track the proportion of viruses from different clades in circulation.

Note that clades and sub-clades that are genetically different from others are not necessarily antigenically different. This is best understood by first introducing the concepts of “antigens” and “antigenic properties”. As previously described, flu viruses have hemagglutinin (H) and neuraminidase (N) surface proteins. These proteins act as antigens. Antigens are molecular structures on the surface of viruses that are recognized by the immune system and can trigger an immune response (such as antibody production). The antigenic properties are a reflection of the antibody or immune response triggered by the antigens on a particular virus. When two flu viruses are antigenically different, this means that a host’s immune response (antibodies) elicited by infection or vaccination with one of the viruses will not as easily recognize and neutralize the other virus. Therefore, for antigenically different viruses, immunity developed against one of the viruses will not necessarily protect against the other virus as well.

Conversely, when two flu viruses are antigenically similar, a host’s immune response (antibodies) elicited by infection or vaccination with one of the viruses will recognize and neutralize the other virus, thereby protecting against the other virus.

Currently circulating influenza A(H1N1) viruses are related to the pandemic 2009 H1N1 virus that emerged in the spring of 2009 and caused a flu pandemic (CDC 2009 H1N1 Flu website). These viruses, scientifically called the “A(H1N1)pdm09 virus,” and more generally called “2009 H1N1,” have continued to circulate seasonally since then and have undergone genetic changes and changes to their antigenic properties (i.e., the properties of the virus that affect immunity).

Influenza A(H3N2) viruses also change both genetically and antigenically. Influenza A(H3N2) viruses have formed many separate, genetically different clades in recent years that continue to co-circulate.

Influenza B viruses are not divided into subtypes, but instead are further classified into two lineages: B/Yamagata and B/Victoria. Similar to influenza A viruses, influenza B viruses can then be further classified into specific clades and sub-clades. Influenza B viruses generally change more slowly in terms of their genetic and antigenic properties than influenza A viruses, especially influenza A(H3N2) viruses. Influenza surveillance data from recent years shows co-circulation of influenza B viruses from both lineages in the United States and around the world. However, the proportion of influenza B viruses from each lineage that circulate can vary by geographic location and by season. In recent years, flu B/Yamagata viruses have circulated much less frequently in comparison to flu B/Victoria viruses globally.

you ******* goddamned ******* time-wasting dipshit. your dad should have pulled out.

from your own ************* link:

• There are 4 types of seasonal influenza viruses, types A, B, C and D. Influenza A and B viruses circulate and cause seasonal epidemics of disease.
    • Influenza A viruses are further classified into subtypes according to the combinations of the hemagglutinin (HA) and the neuraminidase (NA), the proteins on the surface of the virus. Currently circulating in humans are subtype A(H1N1) and A(H3N2) influenza viruses. The A(H1N1) is also written as A(H1N1)pdm09 as it caused the pandemic in 2009 and subsequently replaced the seasonal influenza A(H1N1) virus which had circulated prior to 2009. Only influenza type A viruses are known to have caused pandemics.
    • Influenza B viruses are not classified into subtypes but can be broken down into lineages. Currently circulating influenza type B viruses belong to either B/Yamagata or B/Victoria lineage.
    • Influenza C virus is detected less frequently and usually causes mild infections, thus does not present public health importance.
    • Influenza D viruses primarily affect cattle and are not known to infect or cause illness in people.
is 2 >4 or is 4>2?

you ******* goddamned ******* time-wasting dipshit. your dad should have pulled out.

from your own ************* link:

is 2 >4 or is 4>2?
Keep reading, how many are CURRENTLY circulating?

And Steeltime says there are hundreds…

No, the flu vaccine is only 60% effective because there are hundreds of variations of the flu, and if you are exposed to a flu not based on the flu for the vaccine you took, it won't work.
Help me out here, where is the word currently in the above statement?

Influenza is a single-stranded, helically shaped, RNA virus of the orthomyxovirus family. Three types of influenza virus are known to affect humans: A, B, and C. Type A influenza has subtypes determined by the surface antigens hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA). There are 18 different H subtypes and 11 different N subtypes. Eight H subtypes (H1, H2, H3, H5, H6, H7, H9, H10) and six N subtypes (N1, N2, N6, N7, N8, and N9) have been detected in humans. Type B influenza is classified into two lineages: B/Yamagata and B/Victoria.

Infection with influenza viruses can be asymptomatic or result in disease that ranges from mild to severe. Influenza B more commonly affects children. Influenza C is rarely reported as a cause of human illness, probably because most cases are subclinical. Influenza C has not been associated with epidemic disease.

its an election year, Tim

Fascinating. Several of Dr. Collins' testimonies bolster everything we have said (and destroy someone's persistent defenses).

Wenstrup Releases Former NIH Director Francis Collins’s Transcript, Highlights Key Takeaways in New Memo​

WASHINGTON — Today, Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic Chairman Brad Wenstrup (R-Ohio) released the transcript from Dr. Francis Collins’s transcribed interview. Dr. Collins helped lead the government’s COVID-19 pandemic response as the Director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) until his resignation at the end of 2021. In conjunction with the transcript, the Select Subcommittee also released a new staff memo that highlights the key takeaways from Dr. Collins’s transcribed interview. The memo can be found here.

The full transcript can be found here. Below are important exchanges from Dr. Collins’s transcribed interview:

The hypothesis that the COVID-19 pandemic was the result of a lab leak or lab related accident is not a conspiracy theory. Despite previously disagreeing with the lab leak theory — both in public and in private — Dr. Collins testified that the lab leak hypothesis is indeed not a conspiracy theory.

Majority Counsel: “All it’s calling for is a “yes” or “no.” Is the possibility of a lab leak a conspiracy theory?”

Dr. Collins: “You have to define what you mean by a lab leak.”

Majority Counsel: “Putting aside de novo, the possibility of a laboratory or research-related accident, a researcher doing something in a lab, getting infected with a virus, and then sparking the pandemic. Is that scenario a conspiracy theory”?

Dr. Collins: “Not at this point.”

Majority Counsel: “We have talked about this an awful lot, I think I know the answer to the question, but I want to ask it. Is the origin of COVID-19 still unsettled science?”

Dr. Collins: “Yes.”

The “6 feet apart” social distancing guidance that federal public health officials endorsed was likely not based on any science or data. Dr. Collins agreed with Dr. Fauci that he has not seen any evidence to support the “6 feet apart” directive — which was promoted by public health officials and caused widespread economic and social damage to Americans.

Majority Counsel: “Moving on to social distancing and the various regulations surrounding that. On March 22, 2020, the CDC issued guidance describing social distancing to include remaining out congregant settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining a distance of approximately six feet from others when possible. We asked Dr. Fauci where the six feet came from and he said it kind of just appeared, is the quote. Do you recall science or evidence that supported the six-feet distance?”

Dr. Collins:
“I do not.”

Majority Counsel: “Is that I do not recall or I do not see any evidence supporting six feet?”

Dr. Collins: “I did not see evidence, but I’m not sure I would have been shown evidence at that point.”

Majority Counsel: “Since then, it has been an awfully large topic. Have you seen any evidence since then supporting six feet?”

Dr. Collins: “No.”

NIH often lacks the necessary subject matter expertise to ensure U.S. taxpayer funds are spent safely. Concerningly, Dr. Collins was unaware of any NIH policy that ensures foreign laboratories comply with U.S. standards and are not at odds with U.S. national interests.

Majority Counsel: “Thank you. We’ve asked a number of people regarding the vetting or certifying process of foreign labs that receive U.S. dollars. Do you know what that process is?”

Dr. Collins: “I do not.”

Majority Counsel: “To your knowledge, does NIH certify foreign labs that receive U.S. dollars?”

Dr. Collins: “I don’t know that.”

Majority Counsel: “Again, what we’re trying to figure out is if, like, you get a proposal that has a foreign lab on it, if the NIH would do all the work themselves, or if they would call the State Department, or if they would call some other department to try to determine if that foreign lab is reputable.”

Dr. Collins: “I don’t know.”

The Trump Administration led the charge to rightfully terminate and later suspend EcoHealth Alliance, Inc.’s grant in April 2020. Dr. Collins testified that he supported every enforcement action suggested by the Trump Administration and executed by the NIH.

Majority Counsel: “Moving into 2020. Before we start with individual letters, we asked Dr. Lauer and he testified that he would not sign or send a letter that he disagreed with. Do you have any reason to doubt that assertion?”

Dr. Collins: “No.”

Majority Counsel: “Do you agree with every enforcement action the NIH took against EcoHealth?”

Dr. Collins claims that Dr. Fauci invited him to participate in the infamous February 1, 2020 phone call that allegedly “prompted” the public narrative that COVID-19 originated from nature and that vilified the lab leak hypothesis. This testimony directly contradicts earlier statements made by Dr. Fauci.

Majority Counsel: “How were you made aware of this call?”

Dr. Collins: “I was, I think – again, it’s four years ago – initially informed by Dr. Fauci that the call was happening. And then, I think I got this email forwarded about what the agenda was going to be from Dr. Farrar, who was clearly the person organizing the call.”

Majority Counsel: “Did Dr. Fauci ask you to join the call?”

Help me out here, where is the word currently in the above statement?
So the flu vaccine is ineffective because it doesn’t protect against variants that aren’t currently circulating? 😂 Dude!

It's begun here. Good. The shotz are completely safe.

Vaccine trial patient files first US lawsuit against AstraZeneca​

An American woman who took part in the US clinical trial of the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine is suing the company, claiming it left her “permanently disabled”.

Brianne Dressen, a 42-year-old former teacher from Utah, says she developed a severe neurological condition after taking part in a vaccine trial in 2020.

She is suing AstraZeneca for an alleged breach of contract, after she said it failed to provide medical care for her side effects.

Her lawsuit is thought to be the first of its kind in the US, where the British-made vaccine was tested in clinical trials but never approved for use.

More than 50 people have already filed a class action lawsuit against AstraZeneca in the UK, in a case that could result in a multimillion-pound payout. The company asked the EU to withdraw authorisation for its vaccine in its member states last week.

In court papers filed yesterday, Ms Dressen claimed she signed an agreement with the company that promised it would “pay the costs of medical treatment for research injuries, provided that the costs are reasonable, and you did not cause the injury yourself”.

However, she said when she experienced a severe sensation of pins and needles across her body shortly after she received the jab in November 2020, AstraZeneca did not cover the cost of her medical care.

Ms Dressen told The Telegraph she had been left unable to work after being diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy – a condition that causes numbness and pain due to damaged nerves. Her condition was classified as “post-vaccine neuropathy” because of its link to the jab.

“This thing took me out of my job – I’m still permanently disabled,” she said. “I still have that horrific nightmare of the pins and needles sensation coursing through my body, head to toe, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.”

After being hospitalised several times after her vaccination, she said her medical bills had run into thousands of dollars, and that she had refused a small payout that would have limited its liability in any lawsuit.

Her complaint, filed to a court in Utah, said Ms Dressen had become “a shadow of her former self: unable to work, unable to do any athletic activity, unable to parent the way she had, and unable to drive more than a few blocks at a time”.

There is a documented link between the AstraZeneca vaccine and neurological conditions like peripheral neuropathy in some rare cases of patients who received the jab.

Floggy running to grab that hand lotion again.

View attachment 12577

It's utterly comical to me how the corrupt MSM is STILL trying to push Covid fear porn.
They want people to be scared of voting in person so that they can flood the election with millions of fake mail in ballots. Again.