• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Criminal charges for walking your kid to school

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Pick your child up from school and you could be charged with trespassing. That's the threat against parents at Bear Branch Elementary School in Magnolia ISD. This is the school's tactic to keep parents who live close to the school from walking on school grounds.

Bear Branch is losing students over this pick up policy, that's been in place since the beginning of this school year. The principal has decided that no matter how close the student lives to the school, the student must either take the bus, or the parent must wait in a long car pickup line. Try to walk your student off the campus and you could face criminal charges.

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/117783912-story

This is ridiculous. I understand what's behind it, though. Schools are not set up for safe walking to/from anymore, and these ******* parents drive too fast in and out of the pickup zone. I've had more meetings on this that I can count.These idiot teachers can't even consistently monitor cross walks. Kids would make better crossing guards by far, but that is not allowed for some reason.

The remedy is not this. A parent should definitely be allowed to walk their kid to school. I would go out of my way to walk my kid to school and try to get arrested.

Nice eco-friendly policy, by the way.

Good Lord... "keep parents from walking on school grounds" = you have to have child protection clearances. Thank you Jerry F%#$&( Sandusky!!!

They probably can't allow adults "on campus" without proper clearances...so this is the result...which is entirely stupid. ...and if they are having problems with parents speeding in/out of the pickup line, then ask the police to send a detail until it is straightened out. Problem solved.

Good Lord... "keep parents from walking on school grounds" = you have to have child protection clearances. Thank you Jerry F%#$&( Sandusky!!!

They probably can't allow adults "on campus" without proper clearances...so this is the result...which is entirely stupid. ...and if they are having problems with parents speeding in/out of the pickup line, then ask the police to send a detail until it is straightened out. Problem solved.

put speed bumps in the drive thru lane and in the street in front of the school.
speeding problem solved.

My third grade son has a friend who lives in the house directly next to the elementary school on the same side of the road. Their front door to the entrance to the school is literally 70-80 yards. The kid has to take the bus to and from school....first one picked up and last one dropped off. His parents are BS but the school isn't moving on their position. No walkers. The funny thing is the kid wouldn't even cross any roads....straight shot from the house to the school door....AND there is a posted road guard on the street.

This thread is Absurd. Kids should be allowed to "walk" to school AND if a parent see reason, be allowed to walk them.

There's no logic to any of this. If the issue is traffic, police it.

Do we live in Russia?

BTW, I live directly next door to the School and see lots of kids walking every day to and from school and they all lived. The few adults that accompany them (typically first days early year) have not been sent to jail for their atrocity.

Reactions: MTC
kinda defeats Moosechelle's "Let's Move" program

The government has long been working to raise your kids for you. Common Core was a step. This is a step. When you have to hand them off to a school and lose 100% ownership of them for 8 hours, and the Federal Government runs education, not the states, you should see the emerging pattern.

Who said it? Was it that whack job Melissa-Harris Perry? Your kids aren't your kids?

My third grade son has a friend who lives in the house directly next to the elementary school on the same side of the road. Their front door to the entrance to the school is literally 70-80 yards. The kid has to take the bus to and from school....first one picked up and last one dropped off. His parents are BS but the school isn't moving on their position. No walkers. The funny thing is the kid wouldn't even cross any roads....straight shot from the house to the school door....AND there is a posted road guard on the street.

I would fight that with every fiber of my being.

The government has long been working to raise your kids for you. Common Core was a step. This is a step. When you have to hand them off to a school and lose 100% ownership of them for 8 hours, and the Federal Government runs education, not the states, you should see the emerging pattern.

Who said it? Was it that whack job Melissa-Harris Perry? Your kids aren't your kids?

Bah.....she just co opted that from "It takes a village." Did people REALLY not know what that meant?

I would think this has more to do with some perv walking off with a kid.

Rod sayeth, and our own village idiot shows right up:

Scary, huh?

Almost like it's 'ON CUE'

177744_600.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with Effie on this - with the flood of rapists and murderers and child molesters flooding across our border, Texas has to protect it's children

Multiple Pedophile Sexual Predators Caught Sneaking into Texas from Mexico

Illegal aliens with previous convictions for sexual crimes continue to be a regular sight for U.S. Border Patrol agents working in this border region.

One of the aliens was from Guatemala and he had a previous conviction for aggravated sexual battery of a victim under the age of 13. Another of the aliens was also from Guatemala and he had a conviction for aggravated criminal sexual abuse. Two other aliens from Mexico had convictions for indecent liberties with a child and the other for sexual assault.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016...-and-sexual-predators-caught-at-texas-border/

There's no logic to any of this.

wait - it gets better

You’re now a racist if you say schools need to be safer

Under pressure from Obama educrats, public school districts are no longer suspending even violent students; but now, under pressure from Black Lives Matter, they are suspending teachers who complain about not suspending bad kids.

In St. Paul, Minn., a high school teacher was put on administrative leave last month after Black Lives Matter threatened to shut down the school because the teacher complained about lenient discipline policies that have led to a string of assaults on fellow teachers.

Last month, two students at Como Park Senior High School punched and body slammed a business teacher unconscious, opening a head wound that required staples. And earlier in the year, another student choked a science teacher into a partial coma that left him hospitalized for several days.

In both cases, the teachers were white and the students black.

Theo Olson, a teacher at the school complained on Facebook about new district policies that fail to punish kids for fighting and drug-dealing. Like dozens of cities across the country — including New York — St. Paul adopted the policies in compliance with new discipline guidelines issued by the Obama administration.

The Education Department has threatened school districts with lawsuits and funding cuts wherever if finds racial “disparities” in suspensions and expulsions, arguing such disparities have created a “school-to-prison pipeline” for African-Americans children. The agency claims such disparities are the product of racism in schools.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/10/youre-n...d-to-be-safer/

racial “disparities” ..... racial “disparities” , where you seein' racial disparities ? I look up the numbers and all I see is white privilege, over zealous cops and blatant racism. Take Chicago for instance.

According to the 2010 Census, African-Americans are 32.4% and Hispanics are 28.9% percent of Chicago ’s population. Whites are 31.7% percent.

96.8 percent of homicides in Chicago are committed by African-Americans and Hispanics. (Whites and Asians who make up 38.7% of the population committed 3.2% of the homicides)

93.3 percent of rape in Chicago is committed by African-Americans and Hispanics.

Of the 2,759 robberies committed in Chicago in 2009, 2,352 of those robberies were committed by African-Americans, which means that African-Americans are responsible for 85.2 percent of robbery in Chicago. 10.8% of robberies are committed by Hispanics for a total 96% for BOTH races

Source: 2009 Annual Report, Chicago Police Department

So you see, if it wasn't for the blatant racial disparities practiced in the school districts, them poor black kids would have gone on to productive lives, probably even outside the criminal justice system.

BLACK LIVES MATTER *******.

3ULi0To.jpg

I would think this has more to do with some perv walking off with a kid.

Horsefeathers.

kids know their parents. AT my sons elementary school we signed him in and out at the cafeteria entrance and the teachers would bring him over to us. This is most likely because the principal doesn't want to authorize the extra paid time or the union teachers refuse to stay an extra 45 minutes after school lets out.

Just wait till Bernie is President, then just
having kids will be grounds for the electric chair. Those little crumb snatchers cost way too much money for the Utopia he is going to build for all!

From watching all these news articles, I have to assume that Montana is no longer part of the US of A. Our kids still walk to school, eat delicious home cooked breakfast and lunches at school, have recess as well as gym classes. We can pick our kids up at anytime during the school day for any reason, just have to sign them out.

At my daughter's school she observed the supervisor of school resource officers hugging and chatting it up with the biggest dealer on campus. He doesnt belong in school. This same "officer" harassed and threatened to arrest one of her white friends for not leaving the gym quickly enough after a game. There were plenty of other students lingering. Our schools are lost. I agree that the dept of ed needs dismantled and rebuilt.

From watching all these news articles, I have to assume that Montana is no longer part of the US of A. Our kids still walk to school, eat delicious home cooked breakfast and lunches at school, have recess as well as gym classes. We can pick our kids up at anytime during the school day for any reason, just have to sign them out.

Same here in SC, and we still pray before football games on Friday night.

At my daughter's school she observed the supervisor of school resource officers hugging and chatting it up with the biggest dealer on campus. He doesnt belong in school. This same "officer" harassed and threatened to arrest one of her white friends for not leaving the gym quickly enough after a game. There were plenty of other students lingering. Our schools are lost. I agree that the dept of ed needs dismantled and rebuilt.

Agree.........except for the "rebuilt" part.