• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Deljzc's Quarterback Rating (DQR) - 2019 Regular Season

I have a good friend I've known for years who is an assistant coach on an AFC team.

He just texted me this:

"Free agency has started as planned AND your Steelers are about to get the gem of it all: Jameis Winston."

I have no way of verifying this, just thought I'd pass it on with no further comment on my part.

I have a good friend I've known for years who is an assistant coach on an AFC team.

He just texted me this:

"Free agency has started as planned AND your Steelers are about to get the gem of it all: Jameis Winston."

I have no way of verifying this, just thought I'd pass it on with no further comment on my part.

giphy.gif

Just in case this bears out, how bout we ignore all the stupid interceptions Winston threw last year and focus on the good stuff.

Maybe, just maybe Colbert & the FO have seen the writing on the wall and decided they need a legit back-up QB behind Ben, who can take over in a year or so.

He just texted me this:

A fair amount of buzz with Winston to the Steelers in the media. I still need to see it to believe it, but certainly would understand their desire to acquire a veteran backup after the mess that was last year.

A fair amount of buzz with Winston to the Steelers in the media. I still need to see it to believe it, but certainly would understand their desire to acquire a veteran backup after the mess that was last year.

Hmm, this would seem to free up Derek Carr. Not sure who the Steelers would be better off with, Winston or Carr, if they feel the need to add a vet QB.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Raiders</a> are pushing to close out a deal with QB Marcus Mariota, sources tell me and <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RapSheet</a>. Mike Mayock's No. 1-ranked QB in his <a href="https://twitter.com/nflnetwork?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nflnetwork</a> coverage leading up to the 2015 Draft could soon be on his roster.</p>— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1239714434781794306?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

Hmm, this would seem to free up Derek Carr. Not sure who the Steelers would be better off with, Winston or Carr, if they feel the need to add a vet QB.

Carr for the Steelers system by far (Bruce Arians has been long gone). He doesn't make many mistakes where Winston is a mistake machine. If you have a defense like the Steelers showed flashes of last year, I'd think you'd want the guy who's a better game manager and decision maker.

Again,

giphy.gif

And just so I make my bewilderment clear, Winston tied for 7th all-time in INTs last season.

And just so I make my bewilderment clear, Winston tied for 7th all-time in INTs last season.

I wouldn't sign Winston and I don't think they'll sign a veteran QB because of the cap situation. I do understand why they'd want to find an alternative to Rudolph and more than one in the media have suggested Winston to the Steelers.

Isnt Winston the loser who stole crab legs, shrimp, i dont remember something seafood, in college. Also, multiple rape allegations if I remember right. Sounds like a great fit for the Steelers. /Sarc Character counts.

I wouldn't sign Winston and I don't think they'll sign a veteran QB because of the cap situation. I do understand why they'd want to find an alternative to Rudolph and more than one in the media have suggested Winston to the Steelers.

I gotcha, but I'd find very different type of QB for the offense. Just a fan of course.

I don't know what the hell Winston was thinking when he stole that seafood, but Baker Mayfield trying to run out of a DUI situation (and getting planted by the cops) is so much worse -- and then the guy gets national commercials.

I don't know what the **** is wrong that this **** happens, but the media choose their actors and that's that.

They can keep Jamis Winston.. Ill ride with Rudolph as my back up. Less money,, more upside,, Adequate back up abilities

I don't know what the hell Winston was thinking when he stole that seafood, but Baker Mayfield trying to run out of a DUI situation (and getting planted by the cops) is so much worse -- and then the guy gets national commercials.

I don't know what the **** is wrong that this **** happens, but the media choose their actors and that's that.

**** Baker Mayfield too. I was more concerned that hes a rapist who FSU gave a pass to.

Just in case this bears out, how bout we ignore all the stupid interceptions Winston threw last year and focus on the good stuff.

How the **** do you ignore the fact you only have three wheels on that new car you bought............"you don't"

Winston is a huge mistake and if proven wrong I'll gladly eat the crow (missing one foot) Berger cooked medium well.

As cap strapped as we are how could this be a good deal unless absolutely cheape cheap cheap option. HOW low would Jamis sign for?

Salute the nation

I'd be fine with picking up JWs talent, but the move just doesn't make sense. Steelers are developing QBs. You bring in a vet and that capital is gone.

Winston should go to the Cheats. We'd then find out how much of a genius Belicheat really is.

I always think it is easier to make a gunslinger shy rather than make a shy quarterback have the heart to throw downfield.

It's easier to move a quarterbacks eyes from downfield to closer than change a quarterback too focused on the line of scrimmage and pressure back downfield.

Winston is a very interesting reclamation project. To me, it's all about his football I.Q. There's a bit of Dante Culpepper and Kerry Collins in his game. Old-school guys our old-school traditional scouts and coaches will like when reviewing film.

I would love for the Steelers to bring in Winston for the right price.

He'd massively upgrade the back up situation right away, and still has some upside, especially if he can sit and watch a QB of Ben's caliber for a couple years.

I would love for the Steelers to bring in Winston for the right price.

He'd massively upgrade the back up situation right away, and still has some upside, especially if he can sit and watch a QB of Ben's caliber for a couple years.

The QB market is pretty much dried up at this point. San Diego could use a QB, but are in position to get one in the first round and already have Tyrod Taylor as a stopgap. New England should be in the market for a QB, but I don't see Winston being a fit for what they do on offense. That's about it. Every other team has a veteran or a young QB already in place.

Winston and Newton are likely going to have to take a backup job somewhere.

The QB market is pretty much dried up at this point. San Diego could use a QB, but are in position to get one in the first round and already have Tyrod Taylor as a stopgap. New England should be in the market for a QB, but I don't see Winston being a fit for what they do on offense. That's about it. Every other team has a veteran or a young QB already in place.

Winston and Newton are likely going to have to take a backup job somewhere.

Who is the cheats going to bring in any guesses?