• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Deny climate change? Off to the gulag for you!

Climate change advocates don't want to talk about the 130 volcanoes under the arctic ice sheet.

They've been pulling this environment/climate **** for 60 years. Same song sung the same way...immediate impending doom..insert date... date passes..move date..tweak the message..set date. date passes...move date. reaffirm the end is near..end doesn't come..just repeat.

Spot on. The list below (just since the 1960s) literally reads like a comic book strip. I simply provide this to any Climate Change zealot and say "you want me to practice this religion?? It sure as hell isn't science."

Following is a list of JUST SOME of their predictions/scares by year/decade:

1960s: Oil Reserves will be deleted in ten years
1967: ‘Dire famine by 1975.’
1969: ‘Everyone will disappear in a cloud of blue steam by 1989.’ (NY Times)
1970s: We were facing a pending ice age that would kill hundreds of millions
1970: ‘America subject to water rationing by 1974 and food rationing by 1980.’ (Washington Post)
1974: ‘New Ice Age Coming Fast’ (NOAA)
1974: ‘Another Ice Age?’ (TIME)
1974: Ozone Depletion a ‘Great Peril to Life’
1978: ‘No End in Sight’ to 30-Year Cooling Trend
1980s: Acid rain will destroy all crops in ten years
1980: ‘Acid Rain Kills Life in Lakes’
1988: James Hansen forecasts increase regional drought in 1990s
1988: Maldives completely under water in 30 years
1989: Rising seas to ‘obliterate’ nations by 2000
1989: New York City’s West Side Highway underwater by 2019
1990s: The ozone layer will be destroyed in ten years
2000s: The ice caps will all be gone in 10 years
2000: ‘Children won’t know what snow is.’
2004: Britain to have Siberian climate by 2020
2008: Arctic will be ice-free by 2018
2008: Al Gore warns of ice-free Arctic by 2013
2009: Prince Charles says only 8 years to save the planet
2009: UK prime minister says 50 days to ‘save the planet from catastrophe’
2013: Arctic ice-free by 2015
2013: Arctic ice-free by 2016 (US Navy)
2014: Only 500 days before ‘climate chaos’

They can't even predict if it is hot or cold that's gonna kill us all.

Spot on. The list below (just since the 1960s) literally reads like a comic book strip. I simply provide this to any Climate Change zealot and say "you want me to practice this religion?? It sure as hell isn't science."

Following is a list of JUST SOME of their predictions/scares by year/decade:

1960s: Oil Reserves will be deleted in ten years
1967: ‘Dire famine by 1975.’
1969: ‘Everyone will disappear in a cloud of blue steam by 1989.’ (NY Times)
1970s: We were facing a pending ice age that would kill hundreds of millions
1970: ‘America subject to water rationing by 1974 and food rationing by 1980.’ (Washington Post)
1974: ‘New Ice Age Coming Fast’ (NOAA)
1974: ‘Another Ice Age?’ (TIME)
1974: Ozone Depletion a ‘Great Peril to Life’
1978: ‘No End in Sight’ to 30-Year Cooling Trend
1980s: Acid rain will destroy all crops in ten years
1980: ‘Acid Rain Kills Life in Lakes’
1988: James Hansen forecasts increase regional drought in 1990s
1988: Maldives completely under water in 30 years
1989: Rising seas to ‘obliterate’ nations by 2000
1989: New York City’s West Side Highway underwater by 2019
1990s: The ozone layer will be destroyed in ten years
2000s: The ice caps will all be gone in 10 years
2000: ‘Children won’t know what snow is.’
2004: Britain to have Siberian climate by 2020
2008: Arctic will be ice-free by 2018
2008: Al Gore warns of ice-free Arctic by 2013
2009: Prince Charles says only 8 years to save the planet
2009: UK prime minister says 50 days to ‘save the planet from catastrophe’
2013: Arctic ice-free by 2015
2013: Arctic ice-free by 2016 (US Navy)
2014: Only 500 days before ‘climate chaos’

They can't even predict if it is hot or cold that's gonna kill us all.
Ice kills all.

Palm trees are good.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app

Britain will be 'Siberian' by 2020

Sat 21 Feb 2004

Climate change over the next 20 years could result in a global catastrophe costing millions of lives in wars and natural disasters..

A secret report, suppressed by US defence chiefs warns that major European cities will be sunk beneath rising seas as Britain is plunged into a 'Siberian' climate by 2020. Nuclear conflict, mega-droughts, famine and widespread rioting will erupt across the world.

The document predicts that abrupt climate change could bring the planet to the edge of anarchy as countries develop a nuclear threat to defend and secure dwindling food, water and energy supplies. The threat to global stability vastly eclipses that of terrorism, say the few experts privy to its contents.

'Disruption and conflict will be endemic features of life,' concludes the Pentagon analysis. 'Once again, warfare would define human life.'

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2004/feb/22/usnews.theobserver

--------------------

DOOMED!

No one has successfully explained to me how global warming is bad. I look and see if the weather is warmer then growing seasons are longer and if the oceans rise it will wipe out houses on the coasts owned by rich white people, the only people who can afford houses on the beach except for Bomma. Folks who live in the desert now, well it's still going to be desert.

Here is a great podcast by Rex Fleming where around the 19 minute mark (25 mins total) he talks about what a great time it was during the Medieval warming (lots of food, economies strong, etc.) and then what a terrible thing cooling is (roving bands of criminals, cannibalism, etc.). We are currently in a warming period. This guy completely debunks the idea that CO2 causes climate change in the first five minutes.

https://www.heartland.org/multimedi...de-theory-of-climate-change-guest-rex-fleming

This guy completely debunks the idea that CO2 causes climate change in the first five minutes.

https://www.heartland.org/multimedi...de-theory-of-climate-change-guest-rex-fleming

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Odd why people hate that screeching gnome so virulently.

It was warm enough in England to grow grapes and make wine about 600 years ago.

Teen firefighter is among dozens accused of igniting fires that have ravaged Australia

A teenage volunteer firefighter is among two dozen people accused of lighting some of the historic fires that have raged across Australia since September.

This fire season, police have taken legal action — ranging from cautions to charges —against almost 200 people in New South Wales alone, police reported. That includes 24 people charged with deliberately lighting bushfires, 53 accused of failing to comply with the fire ban and 47 accused of discarding a lit cigarette or match.

The Rural Fire Service said Blake Banner, 19, has been charged in connection with seven fires in October and November in an area south of Sydney.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-charged-starting-wildfires-arson/2831063001/

-----------------

Isn't it every arsonist's wet dream to join a fire dept.?

Teen firefighter is among dozens accused of igniting fires that have ravaged Australia

A teenage volunteer firefighter is among two dozen people accused of lighting some of the historic fires that have raged across Australia since September.

This fire season, police have taken legal action — ranging from cautions to charges —against almost 200 people in New South Wales alone, police reported. That includes 24 people charged with deliberately lighting bushfires, 53 accused of failing to comply with the fire ban and 47 accused of discarding a lit cigarette or match.

The Rural Fire Service said Blake Banner, 19, has been charged in connection with seven fires in October and November in an area south of Sydney.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-charged-starting-wildfires-arson/2831063001/

-----------------

Isn't it every arsonist's wet dream to join a fire dept.?

Same thing happened in AZ about 20 years ago. A volunteer firefighter on the Apache reservation started the Rodeo fire because the pay is better to put a fire out. It quickly combined with the Chediski fire that was started by a not so bright individual that ran out of gas on a forest road and thought a signal fire would be a good idea.

bottom line is I vote for who I think best represents my interests and not on party lines even if that means voting "off the grid". The nation needs a viable third party, but it will never get one until folks are wiling to vote outside the box. I admit, I am one conflicted ****...I believe in conservative fiscal policies, but I see no reason why any child in this country should be without food, basic healthcare, and fair education. The latter views tend to get me labeled incorrectly. I don't believe in free food for life, but I do believe in handing someone a fishing rod and teaching them to fish.

It's my favorite solution to poverty...a hand up not a hand out. I'm living proof of its societal value.

BREAKING NEWS ALERT!

Glacier National Park is replacing signs that predicted its glaciers would be gone by 2020

CNN)The signs at Glacier National Park warning that its signature glaciers would be gone by 2020 are being changed.

The signs in the Montana park were added more than a decade ago to reflect climate change forecasts at the time by the US Geological Survey, park spokeswoman Gina Kurzmen told CNN.

Screenshot-2020-01-01-11.29.23.png

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/08/..._source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social

-------------------

Predicted to be gone by 2020. from 10 years ago

hate when that happens, lol

Last edited:
I love this board for its collection of staunch climate change deniers. A stubborn lot.

Yup, it's all a hoax, none of this is happening. Just made up out of thin air by liberals to **** with the US economy. That's all it is.

(1) Climate always changes. ALWAYS.
(2) The entire climate "crisis" is predicated on computer models that are demonstrably wrong in terms of calculating how CO2 affects temperature.
(3) Facts matter, Tibs. I already caught you in one lie today - try not to add to the total. To wit:

World_fossil_carbon_dioxide_emissions_six_top_countries_and_confederations.png

So are you saying you want to start a war with China and India?? Because THOSE TWO ******* COUNTRIES ARE PRODUCING VASTLY MORE CO2 EMISSIONS EVERY ******* YEAR, WHILE THE UNITED STATES' SHARE HAS DECLINED OVER THE PAST 10 YEARS.

Facts matter, Tibsy.

we could take a page from our ancestors and sacrifice some virgins to the gods to stop the climate change.

well, if we could keep bill clinton from ******* them on epstein's island.

2019 capped off the world’s hottest decade in recorded history

Even if it was true, I don't see why it's a problem.

1. Winter sucks.
1a. Less salt and other ice melting chemicals running off into the lakes and rivers.
2. Longer growing season = more food at less cost to feed the starving masses.
3. Folks in Chad won't notice the difference between 112* and 114*.
4. If the coasts go underwater, well, it's only rich people who can afford houses on the beach and they deserve to lose what they've stolen from the indigenous peoples.

Even if it was true, I don't see why it's a problem.

1. Winter sucks.
1a. Less salt and other ice melting chemicals running off into the lakes and rivers.
2. Longer growing season = more food at less cost to feed the starving masses.
3. Folks in Chad won't notice the difference between 112* and 114*.
4. If the coasts go underwater, well, it's only rich people who can afford houses on the beach and they deserve to lose what they've stolen from the indigenous peoples.

5. less heating homes = less fossil fuels spent.

(1) Climate always changes. ALWAYS.
(2) The entire climate "crisis" is predicated on computer models that are demonstrably wrong in terms of calculating how CO2 affects temperature.
(3) Facts matter, Tibs. I already caught you in one lie today - try not to add to the total. To wit:

World_fossil_carbon_dioxide_emissions_six_top_countries_and_confederations.png

So are you saying you want to start a war with China and India?? Because THOSE TWO ******* COUNTRIES ARE PRODUCING VASTLY MORE CO2 EMISSIONS EVERY ******* YEAR, WHILE THE UNITED STATES' SHARE HAS DECLINED OVER THE PAST 10 YEARS.

Facts matter, Tibsy.
So facts? With data supporting? Hmm.

5. less heating homes = less fossil fuels spent.

More heat = skimpier bikinis = more boobies. I'm beginning to see the method to the madness. This might not be such a bad thing afterall. Go pollution! Go carbon emissions! Go rampant industrial production! Burn down the forests! Eliminate regulations! Go boobies!

More heat = skimpier bikinis = more boobies. I'm beginning to see the method to the madness. This might not be such a bad thing afterall. Go pollution! Go carbon emissions! Go rampant industrial production! Burn down the forests! Eliminate regulations! Go boobies!

Lol, you have a good sense of humor, Tibsy. Nice work. Politicians and politics are largely a buzzkill. Boobies are fantastic and celebrated by all. In fact, it may have to be boobies that ends up bringing us all together.

Increases in global CO2 measurements always lag increases in global temperature measurements. Fact. This is all bullshit.