• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Devin Bush summed up in one play

I mean, yeah, that's pretty bad. But if we're being fair, that pretty much sums up the Steelers defense since game 1. As a unit, they've been pretty abysmal.

Actually this play actually shows bush trying. He may have missed but the plays that are worse for him are when he stands back and does nothing just waiting for someone else to do it.

This will be bushy’s last season here thankfully.
What a remarkably horrible decision this turned out to be giving up a second round pick in the 2019 draft and a third in the 2020 draft in order to move up from 20 to 10 to pick this guy.
Had we stayed at our original spot at 20 potentially could have had three starters.
When you move up like we did you better be damn sure on that prospect.

Sure Bush looked bad but how many other players has Allen made look bad this year and the last few years? A bunch.

Bush has been really loose...but where is the interior pressure that Allen should have had to step up into...total fail

I’m not going to defend Bush- but that was also great pocket awareness from Allen. Bush hasn’t been playing at the level of his draft spot- but this year he has been worlds better and playing more solidly than I expected. I still would like to see Robinson with some looks, but Bush is the least bit of problems for this defense and team.

You can't fix a whole defense without fixing the cogs in the machine. That was terrible. He didn't even lay a hand on him

Bush has been really loose...but where is the interior pressure that Allen should have had to step up into...total fail
I agree. How did the other 4 rushers all get washed to the right side; especially Highsmith. Bush has a lot of questionable plays but not this one imo. It does sum up our pass rush and defense as a whole though. No system and no discipline.

I agree. How did the other 4 rushers all get washed to the right side; especially Highsmith. Bush has a lot of questionable plays but not this one imo. It does sum up our pass rush and defense as a whole though. No system and no discipline.
He was a free hitter on the play he was blitzed and he did a good job of that. His attempt to make the play was laughable.

Definitely shows he has no killer instinct
He stopped and looked at Allen like the Pittsburgh media does with Coach 8-8...elbows on knees, hands under chin, wide eyed stare

It also shows how weak and man-handled the D-Line is, if anything, Allen should have run into his centers *** and got sacked by Bush
Again, good play call, poorly executed...the current Steelers Standard

In the last three years we have seen this type of play by many different positions in this defense. How many times the offense scored and this defense allows a drive to answer. They make plays here and there but seems so many times we do as video shows over run, miss tackle, chasing a player, miss assignments.

This was Designed for bush to get Allen. He didn't just decide to rush.
You have to think a professional football player would move towards the ball carrier, bend an arm, step in that direction, etc. even if he missed the tackle.
But that didn't happen with Bush because Allen turned on his invisibility cloak at just the right moment.
Or Bush just doesn't have the instincts, eyes or reactions of a professional football player.

Last edited:
The PAT or FG. I mean embarrassing as that is whatever. The second one against the run that is how he plays. He stands there just a yard or so out of his stance and tries to "read" the run. Them he ends up bar to bar with a guy 100 lbs bigger. And tries to run around him. It's a ****** joke he plays. I'd just say Devin we are blitzing you every down cause that is the only way we can get you to go to your gap.

Allen is an elite QB, but he is more powerful than fast. Bush took a terrible angle on that play for no reason. Like Sas said might be better just to blitz him all the time at least he will clog up an area.

I’m not going to defend Bush- but that was also great pocket awareness from Allen. Bush hasn’t been playing at the level of his draft spot- but this year he has been worlds better and playing more solidly than I expected. I still would like to see Robinson with some looks, but Bush is the least bit of problems for this defense and team.
You're not going to defend Bush. OK. Then you proceed to...defend Bush.

lol

Worlds better? He's worse than Jason Worilds.

Although his play is better than last year's play it is still way WAY way below were it needs to be. I'd be curious to see where he ranks among active ILBs for this season. I'd also venture to say he is bottom 85%.

Many here think our OL is way better than last year. I'd say they have improved but that doesn't take much when compared to last year. I'd also venture to say they are ranked below #25 for the season. That doesn't cut it for to be competitive they would need a #15 ranking or higher. They just don't have the horses to get there. BEN masked the ineptitude, imagine BEN with this improved line.

Kenny will do better as the OL improves and hopefully they draft BIG improvement come draft day.

Salute the nation

You're not going to defend Bush. OK. Then you proceed to...defend Bush.

lol

Worlds better? He's worse than Jason Worilds.
I don’t see Bush as the complete problem and I’m looking at the other guys/scheme. I approached my point with what I felt was constructive criticism. I gave pros and cons to the subject in hand. Again, not the player he should be as a player drafted in his spot, but better than what we saw last year and still not close to being where he should be.