• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Diontae-Minkah Locker Room Argument

Last year DJ gets into an altercation with Mitch at halftime …. mitch immediately gets benched

Last game DJ gets into something with Tomlin and on the penultimate possession all three passes go in DJs direction and then after the game he does this and Canada immediately gets fired…

I don’t know Cope, I think its at least a bit of a pattern… and they say if you constantly reward the behavior, you encourage the behavior…..

You guys are making **** up.

Clearly stated that DJ was chirping at the OC. The play designs were dog-****, the route concepts were not defined, and Minkah did the right thing to defend his coaches in that moment, even though DJ was right to be mad at the offensive game plan, or lack thereof.

Turns out the point is now moot, and DJ got what he wanted on Tuesday morning when Canada was fired.

DJ is actually playing, and Minkah is a cheerleader until he comes back, so I'd think that was part of the argument as well. I don't see this being a problem between the 2 moving forward, but it is something to keep an eye out for.
Idk, we are all speculating here. However, where there’s smoke, there’s fire. That’s the most obvious thing I see. It may be popcorn to Mike Tomlin and media driven reality TV. But the standard seems to be the standard of caving to Diva wide receivers

Last year DJ gets into an altercation with Mitch at halftime …. mitch immediately gets benched

Last game DJ gets into something with Tomlin and on the penultimate possession all three passes go in DJs direction and then after the game he does this and Canada immediately gets fired…

I don’t know Cope, I think its at least a bit of a pattern… and they say if you constantly reward the behavior, you encourage the behavior…..
Agreed. Last year vs the Jets, had he gotten his toe in bounds before the half, the Steelers are in the lead, also same game, Mitch hits him in the numbers quite a few times, he had Limas Sweed hands and one of them bounced into an interception.

The standard is letting diva WRs run the yard.

I'm all for Fitz defending the team, but this is isolated, and DJ is not a lockerroom problem.
That backward run was a painful watch, the stand around on the one turnover a painful watch. It isn't that he is a locker room cancer, it is he seems to have his fair share of hiccups on the field.

That backward run was a painful watch, the stand around on the one turnover a painful watch. It isn't that he is a locker room cancer, it is he seems to have his fair share of hiccups on the field.
Not to mention the end zone drop today.

Not me. Harrison would absorb everything until he got to him, then it would be over for the UFC Guy. Deebo wins that match for one reason…….he has ZERO QUIT in him and the pounding would likely just piss him off.
Harrison could absorb hits from a flyweight for sure.

Any trained fighter 155lbs + though is going to do some damage. James is built to hit in a football sense. There is a different skillset, power output that fighters have. Pros excel at their craft. James is intimidating as a linebacker whilst ufc guys are intimidating within their respective sports.

Different conditioning and different skillset. In a street fight. The trained fighter is going to have the advantage

Harrison could absorb hits from a flyweight for sure.

Any trained fighter 155lbs + though is going to do some damage. James is built to hit in a football sense. There is a different skillset, power output that fighters have. Pros excel at their craft. James is intimidating as a linebacker whilst ufc guys are intimidating within their respective sports.

Different conditioning and different skillset. In a street fight. The trained fighter is going to have the advantage
I stand by my statement. At least until proven different, which most likely will never see that matchup occurring.

There isn't a single NFL player, past or present, that could take on a top ranked UFC fighter and win, period - not even James Harrison. There are so many technical skills that go into a UFC fighter's arsenal and repertoire. Sure, someone could get lucky with one punch, but that's just blind luck! There is literally no sense in comparing the two athletes! The person interviewed was also a football player so it makes perfect sense that he would not want to meet Deebo in a fight. Apples and oranges boy, apples and oranges!

Not to mention the end zone drop today.
He didn't drop the ball in the EZ, it was a TD by rule. Tomlin and the Refs ****** us out of 6pts.
I rewatched the backward run, that looked bad, but he was spun by the defender, and his momentum took him back before he recovered. The non action on the fumble is inexcusable.

My problem with DJ hating is he's actually making great plays for this team. The HUGE deep sideline ball on 3rd down to keep the drive alive? Hello? That's a highlight reel play.

Just don't miss the good things he does for this team since we're 4-2 since he came back from injury and couldn't move the ball in the air at all without him playing.

My problem with DJ hating is he's actually making great plays for this team. The HUGE deep sideline ball on 3rd down to keep the drive alive? Hello? That's a highlight reel play.

Just don't miss the good things he does for this team since we're 4-2 since he came back from injury and couldn't move the ball in the air at all without him playing.
DJ is also out there arguing with the coaches on the sidelines and locker room and showing up his QB by throwing his arms in the air after passes. We know the good things he brings to the table, but when you're doing these things out in the open (and reportedly in the locker room), you're going to get called out every time.

DJ is also out there arguing with the coaches on the sidelines and locker room and showing up his QB by throwing his arms in the air after passes. We know the good things he brings to the table, but when you're doing these things out in the open (and reportedly in the locker room), you're going to get called out every time.
You mean like when Freiermuth did the same thing on a failed 3rd down conversion?

Competitors want to win, and I'm not going to poop on DJ because he wants to win and got into a loud talking fight with another great competitor. (If they threw fists, that would be another issue) Hell I'd be upset if no one in this locker room had the balls to call out the OC. No one is giving Najee poop about his post game comments damning the play calling after the Browns loss.

All I saw this week was an offense that jumped to the LOS with purpose, and executed better than they had all season. I don't know if it's because Canada didn't prepare them, or a weight was lifted without Canada being there, but it was visible in and out of plays, that this offense was ready to move the football in Cincy.

He didn't drop the ball in the EZ, it was a TD by rule. Tomlin and the Refs ****** us out of 6pts.

I rewatched the backward run, that looked bad, but he was spun by the defender, and his momentum took him back before he recovered. The non action on the fumble is inexcusable.

Sure those positives i touched on in another comment about him being a hard sit. As in a difficult bench as he is making plays. But we know in the past he has had backward receiving moments. So the times he has these hiccups it is reasonable to be annoyed with it. I would like to put these in his rear view mirror, he has to help his own cause and be more aware of his surroundings...

I hesitate to say because the board will run amuck with bashing the source, especially because it's from someone close to the Browns' organization. But I trust him as he has always given me accurate info. in the past. He also tells me the team was basically starting to "burn down" because Shades refused to get rid of Canada and that was ticking the players off. It was reported from Browns' players that Pickens was complaining, during the Browns' game, to Browns' players that he had had enough and wanted out of the looney bin that was the Pittsburgh Steelers. Right during the game. Now, go at it. Rip the source.
The Browns player knew this from reading lips across the field???

I smell poop...

You mean like when Freiermuth did the same thing on a failed 3rd down conversion?

Competitors want to win, and I'm not going to poop on DJ because he wants to win and got into a loud talking fight with another great competitor. (If they threw fists, that would be another issue) Hell I'd be upset if no one in this locker room had the balls to call out the OC. No one is giving Najee poop about his post game comments damning the play calling after the Browns loss.
These types of actions don't get you wins. They indicate either selfishness or bring a negative attitude into the locker room. I'll always go back to Troy Polamalu's Hall of Fame speech. Those teams were so great because they played for each other. This team doesn't do that and once they start, they have a high ceiling.

The mere fact that DJ had to be responded to by Minkah in a forceful way, in which it has been acknowledged that TJ and Cam had to separate them is a fight between family.

The fact that DJ let his emotions bear-out on the field of play is a sign of immaturity. Some players never mature. Some take a whipping in the press/locker room and come back better from it. We shall see which path the grasshopper takes.