• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share?

And my point is you don't hire new employees simply because you have money left over, you need demand for a product or service. Income taxes don't figure into that decision.

So the alternative you're proposing is not investing in a business in which a profit is being made despite excess demand in the world's largest economy.

That is doing the competition a favor.
You really shouldn't throw around terms like EBITDA as if you know what they mean. Who uses a term they obviously don't understand to make an argument? You are so confident in your ignorance that you didn't even Google it.

You really shouldn't throw around terms like EBITDA as if you know what they mean. Who uses a term they obviously don't understand to make an argument? You are so confident in your ignorance that you didn't even Google it.

You're big with the "you don't know what you're talking about" posts, and completely absent from actual argument and debate. You're useless.

Vader, I know for #3 that the company that shipped those washers (C&D Distributors of South Carolina) were using a loophole in the invoicing to circumvent an audit of the charges. A paying agent found the discrepancies and they were found guilty of fraud....that recently was back in 2007. You are giving the impression that this is normal Gov't operations.

You're big with the "you don't know what you're talking about" posts, and completely absent from actual argument and debate. You're useless.
Your points are nonsensical, and you try to make them with words you don't understand. How does one argue with such?

Vader, I know for #3 that the company that shipped those washers (C&D Distributors of South Carolina) were using a loophole in the invoicing to circumvent an audit of the charges. A paying agent found the discrepancies and they were found guilty of fraud....that recently was back in 2007. You are giving the impression that this is normal Gov't operations.

you may be right about that but vader is pretty much spot on in his post, otherwise

you may be right about that but vader is pretty much spot on in his post, otherwise

Oh I'm sure most probably are. I will say for #5 it's a rare animal for ANY newly developed system/item to not have cost overruns...it's known and expected. I have never seen an original requirement baseline or original cost-estimate on a program not run into schedule delays (anything soup-to-nuts from R&D to sub contractor caused) and "requirement creep". All affect the cost and when we're talking a major weapon system, the DoD is not going to accept risk on a lesser end-item if the loss of US personnel is on the table.

My point was government fraud and waste. Yes, they found that one but how many others go on without being found? This maybe a one time thing. However, I worked for the Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries for awhile and know the fraud and waste that is in government. I've seen it first hand. Just look at all the green energy companies that have taken government money and are either bankrupt or are still not viable. It isn't just solyndra. $80 BILLION was set aside in the "stimulus" bill for green energy. Just like Satcon who went bankrupt after receiving $3 billion from the government. It's criminal what the federal government is doing to this country by stealing taxes and giving it away to their cronies and wasting it in the government proper.

Your points are nonsensical, and you try to make them with words you don't understand. How does one argue with such?

Not that it's particularly hard to understand EBITDA, but for starters I know not to refer to it as a "term" or a "word" rather than an acronym.