• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Do the Steelers Actually have a Shot at Landing QB1 Kyler Murray? OddsChecker Says ‘Yes’

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Even with the recent signing of Mitch Trubisky, do the Pittsburgh Steelers have a legit shot at landing the 2x Pro Bowler, Kyler Murray? Lines have been drawn in the sand, and it feels like we’re moving ever closer to a Murray trade. As a result, oddsmakers have rushed to update their odds on where he could play next. The shocking favorite is the Dallas Cowboys. Let’s break it down.

Steelers Kyler Murray

Sep 27, 2020; Glendale, Arizona, USA; Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray (1) runs the ball against the Detroit Lions in the second quarter at State Farm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Billy Hardiman-USA TODAY Sports

That’s right, oddsmakers give the Cowboys +800 odds, or an implied 11.1% chance to land Murray. The next favorite is the Atlanta Falcons at +1000, or an implied 9.1% chance. The odds take a nose dive after that.

Steelers’ odds​

Pittsburgh is given +1600 odds, or an implied 5.9% chance to make a deal. The Philadelphia Eagles are +2200, or an implied 4.3% chance to choose Murray over Jalen Hurts. Rounding out the group is the now draft pick flushed Houston Texans who are given +3000 odds, or an implied 3.2% to add Murray to the fold.

All of that said, oddsmakers still don’t believe a trade will come to pass. The Arizona Cardinals are given -500 odds, or an implied 83.3% chance to retain Murray. Of course, oddsmakers also didn’t believe the Seattle Seahawks would trade Russell Wilson or the Texans would trade Deshaun Watson… and look what happened there.

Steelers Russell Wilson Deshaun Watson

Denver Broncos quarterback, Russell Wilson embraces with Cleveland Browns quarterback, Deshaun Watson at the Pro Bowl. | Texans Wire / USA TODAY

Quote from OddsChecker spokesman Kyle Newman,

“One of these teams is not like the others. The Cowboys trade for a QB? Well, after Dak Prescott failed to win a playoff game last year, oddsmakers believe there’s a chance the team chooses to move on. Of course, it certainly helps that Murray is a Texas native. That said, there’s a reason oddsmakers are giving The Field +1000 odds right now, nobody has any clue what a Kyler Murray trade market could eventually look like. Other than the fact oddsmakers believe the Cowboys are going to be in the thick of it.”

KYLER MURRAY’S “NEXT TEAM ODDS”

TeamOddsImplied chance
Arizona Cardinals-50083.3%
Dallas Cowboys+80011.1%
Atlanta Falcons+10009.1%
The Field+10009.1%
Pittsburgh Steelers+16005.9%
Philadelphia Eagles+22004.3%
Houston Texans+30003.2%

Murray was drafted by the Cardinals in the 2019 NFL Draft as the first overall selection. He was named the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year that season, following his Heisman Trophy season in 2018 as a member of the Oklahoma Sooners. He was previously at Texas A&M before transferring in 2015.

With Murray’s now questionable future in Arizona up in the air, could he become the latest of these “big name” quarterbacks to find a home elsewhere in the league prior to the 2022 regular season? Don’t be surprised if the answer ends up being ‘yes.’

Would yinz like to see Murray in black and gold leading Pittsburgh to a 7th Lombardi Trophy? Click to comment below! For more information on the above odds, click here.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Living out here, I've been able to observe him from the start. I didn't see all the hype when drafted and honestly still don't.
He can make some plays with his legs like so many mobile QB's but has also had his share of injuries, and wasn't the same at the end of last season.
Not certain that he's much of a team player either, but more of a me player. Cards lost their locker room stability when Fitz left.

Oh, and that whole draft capital, money thing.

Move on from Dak? With a brand new contract that’s gonna be a hard pill to swallow cap penalty wise isn’t it?
sounds like something they should do.

sounds like something they should do.

Dang straight, just like the ravens need to sign Action to a HUGE contract as well. Tie him up for 10 years.... cap friendly or not.

FUCKles the cap get E'rrr done

Salute the nation

Dang straight, just like the ravens need to sign Action to a HUGE contract as well. Tie him up for 10 years.... cap friendly or not.

FUCKles the cap get E'rrr done

Salute the nation
10 years, $540 mil. gUaRAnTeEd!

Run what ya brung. Go with Mitch this year and draft more immediate needs on OL, DL, secondary. If Mitch does great, good. If he does okay, give him his 2nd year to see if he can improve. If he sucks, and the stillers record sucks, then you get a shot at a high draft pick QB next year that can learn for a few games then take over the reigns a la Ben

Check his last 7 games.

is the a QB in the league or the draft that the Steelers haven't been mentioned as in the running for?

damn I wish the draft would get here

No shitsizzle Coolie, you and I both. It's been sensationalism after best bet after the betting odds for every single QB out there, even our very own Coach has been mentioned in trade rumors.

Salute the nation

No shitsizzle Coolie, you and I both. It's been sensationalism after best bet after the betting odds for every single QB out there, even our very own Coach has been mentioned in trade rumors.

Salute the nation
you couldn't get a bucket of warm piss for coach

uh wait you mean Coach Tomlin.....

Kyler seems to have developed an attitude problem. If he can't make it work with his old college coach I don't think he will have it much better elsewhere. No way the cowboys would have interest in Murray unless they did a dak vs kyler trade which i funny think even them are that stupid