• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Donald Trump Bars CNN, NYT, LAT, Politico From White House Briefing

Spike

Reaction score
WAR!

hahahaha

CNN announced on air it had been barred from today’s White House briefing. CNN reports New York Times, Los Angles Times, and Politico also were told they were not on the White House list, for today’s off-camera briefing.

Breitbart, Fox News, Washington Times, and One America News Network were among those given entry, CNN reported.

http://deadline.com/2017/02/donald-...o-from-white-house-press-briefing-1201971628/

--------------------------

Balls of Steel

Rock on

Outstanding.

I bet the recent CNN story about the Administration trying to pressure the FBI into commenting about the inaccuracy of a NYT article was the final straw. From the most recent story, even on CNN, there was no pressure from the Admin, as they were questioning why they can't counter what turns out to be an untrue article in the NYT. Just as clearly, the admin doesn't expect the NYT to clarify...

Without fake news we would be lost for material.

DtXnmoZ.jpg
xeW9mXs.png

rkDNFag.jpg

OCutoag.jpg

Last edited:
This is what dictators do. Control the media, limit what the opposition has access to and then you can have state controlled media just like Putin did when he came into power. This is not really good news, this is how you end up with no real media and only what the govt wants to get out is reported by "news agencies" they approve of. I know there will be some opposition from you people, but seriously, this ain't cool.

This is what dictators do. Control the media, limit what the opposition has access to and then you can have state controlled media just like Putin did when he came into power. This is not really good news, this is how you end up with no real media and only what the govt wants to get out is reported by "news agencies" they approve of. I know there will be some opposition from you people, but seriously, this ain't cool.

The media have made their bed. They have done their damndest for 1 1/2 years to derail Trump. Anybody who doubts that is just not paying attention.

Trump is simply returning the favor. My guess is that at some point, he tries to work out an accord with the media that loathes him, and will have them attend these types of briefings as long as they disavow plainly fictitious stories.

But at some point, CNN, NYT, etc. will realize they need Trump a hell of a lot more than he needs them.

The media have made their bed. They have done their damndest for 1 1/2 years to derail Trump. Anybody who doubts that is just not paying attention.

Trump is simply returning the favor. My guess is that at some point, he tries to work out an accord with the media that loathes him, and will have them attend these types of briefings as long as they disavow plainly fictitious stories.

But at some point, CNN, NYT, etc. will realize they need Trump a hell of a lot more than he needs them.

**** 'em. Since when have they reported accurately? CNN and NYT are no more credible now than The Weekly World News with aliens and Bigfoot on the cover.

MAGA, Baby! MAGA! **** those lying fake news sources. I hope they all go bankrupt after this. Make the ban permanent.

payback is a *****

and don't believe a word of the lying media's agenda

Despite the Hysteria, Trump Is Trending Less Authoritarian Than Obama

Through personnel and policy, President Trump is limiting the executive branch. Lost in most of the coverage of President Trump’s decision to rescind the Obama administration’s transgender mandates is a fundamental legal reality — the Trump administration just relinquished federal authority over gender-identity policy in the nation’s federally funded schools and colleges. In other words, Trump was less authoritarian than Obama. And that’s not the only case.

Consider the following examples where his administration, through policy or personnel, appears to be signaling that the executive branch intends to become less intrusive in American life and more accountable to internal and..

Trump nominated Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, a man known not just for his intellect and integrity but also for his powerful legal argument against executive-branch overreach.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/445185/trump-less-authoritarian-obama

Think this is just making Trump more favorable.

Yeah! Let the professional propagandists do the work.

You clearly describe how I felt about the Obama administration for a good part of his Presidency. How does it feel?

Yesterdays CNN fake news:

This story released yesterday was completely false:

CNN: FBI Refused White House Request to Knock Down Recent Trump-Russia Stories

The headline should have read:

FBI Confirms to White House that New York Times Story on Trump and Russia Is Inaccurate

Well, the FBI originated this — and, by the way, the AP backs this up. “White House chief of staff Reince Priebus asked a top FBI official to dispute media reports that President Donald Trump’s campaign advisers were frequently in touch with Russian intelligence agents…. The official said that Priebus’ request came after the FBI told the White House it believed a New York Times report last week describing those contacts was not accurate.” So AP and even CNN, both say that all of this was started by the FBI.
And it ends up in a headline, “FBI Refused White House Request to Knock Down…” as though the stories are true and the White House wanted the FBI to lie

All right. All right. I’m happy to see this. I’m just watching Fox. Melissa Francis is doing a great job of explaining this phony-baloney, plastic banana, good time rock and roller CNN story. She’s talking to Ari Fleischer and she spelled it out exactly what happened. Exactly. These are my words. The headline to this story ought to be: “FBI Confirms to White House that New York Times Story on Trump and Russia Is Inaccurate,” because that is what happened. Reince Priebus — minding his own business — gets a call from Andrew McCabe of the FBI.
McCabe says (paraphrased exchange), “Hey, guess what? The stuff from the New York Times is not true.” Priebus says, “What do I do about it?” “Well, call me. We’ll talk some ideas.” Priebus calls him. McCabe says, “Sorry, nothing I can do.” Somebody tells CNN that Priebus called the FBI asking them to tamp down some stories. It’s just absolute BS the way CNN is reporting this crap! Anyway, I was happy to see somebody else get it right out there. I always feel buoyed when that happens. Congratulations to Melissa Francis at Fox News.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/...i-is-not-quite-fake-news-but-its-just-as-bad/

Last edited:
this is what Trump said...

H05_Trump_Tweet.jpg

note:
he did NOT say that the media is the enemy of the people. he said the FAKE news is the media of the people. He's thus preventing these **** shows from slinging **** that is not true.
**** 'em.

oh, and the left meltdown is salty as ****.

example:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...-fake-news-enemy-of-1487963297-htmlstory.html

Feb. 24, 2017, 11:20 a.m.
reporting from washington
After Trump calls media an enemy of the people, White House bars many news outlets from briefing

Friday's White House press briefing, normally an on-camera affair open to all reporters with press credentials, was turned into an exclusive event for certain outlets hand-picked by the administration.

The action came after President Trump on Friday described the media and what he terms "fake news" as "the enemy of the people."On the list were Trump-friendly outlets such as Breitbart News, the Washington Times and OANN, a conservative television network that employs former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski as a commentator.

There already exists a state run media. The mainstream media are democrat operatives pushing a democrat agenda. They vote heavily democrat, they contribute heavily to democrats, and they are in bed with democrats...proven recently by Wikileaks where 65 mainstream media "journalists" attended democrat dinners and galas.

A dictator controls the media in order to hide government corruption. Trump "controls" the media because the media is corrupt, not the government. See the difference?

Not on board with the banning of major news agencies, even if they suck. He needs to dial it back. I'm not comfortable with a president picking his press corp. How about calling a press conference to call out the republicans in congress for sitting on their ***** for the last two months? Get focused on real ****?

I see why the left is whining about this, but I also fully understand why he did this.
the ******* do nothing but lie and sling **** about him. so why should they be there? they make **** up at will, so they can, in Tim's words, sit in their "echo chamber" - and bounce ideas off each other that makes them tingle.

This is a slippery slope, but there are way too many so-called "News" outlets already. And many are owned all by the same people, just with different names.

This is not 1960 when we watched ABC, NBC, CBS and that's it. The letters that go with "news" outlets don't mean anything anymore. And they never will again. What people used to think of journalists; they sold their souls to the devil when cable television and the internet blew up the world order and they stooped to the lowest denominator of pushing "celebrity" over substance. That was THEIR choice.

People talk about how Trump is the "reality TV President", but it's laughable coming from a media that has been playing the reality TV "news" game for the last 10 years and have undermined their credibility just as bad as they are accusing Trump.

You want "coverage" of an event now, you can practically get it verbatim on the internet. So why have "News" there at all? What is their purpose? We are literally in a world where almost EVERYTHING can be videotaped and uploaded to the internet for all of us to see, either live or at our leisure. So again, what is the "News" now? What defines "News"? It's all there for us to see.

They are perverted in their importance at this point in the year 2017. And they are still tragically out of date and behind the times. If it wasn't Trump it would been someone else to crash their Ivory Towers.

This is a slippery slope, but there are way too many so-called "News" outlets already. And many are owned all by the same people, just with different names.

This is not 1960 when we watched ABC, NBC, CBS and that's it. The letters that go with "news" outlets don't mean anything anymore. And they never will again. What people used to think of journalists; they sold their souls to the devil when cable television and the internet blew up the world order and they stooped to the lowest denominator of pushing "celebrity" over substance. That was THEIR choice.

People talk about how Trump is the "reality TV President", but it's laughable coming from a media that has been playing the reality TV "news" game for the last 10 years and have undermined their credibility just as bad as they are accusing Trump.

You want "coverage" of an event now, you can practically get it verbatim on the internet. So why have "News" there at all? What is their purpose? We are literally in a world where almost EVERYTHING can be videotaped and uploaded to the internet for all of us to see, either live or at our leisure. So again, what is the "News" now? What defines "News"? It's all there for us to see.

They are perverted in their importance at this point in the year 2017. And they are still tragically out of date and behind the times. If it wasn't Trump it would been someone else to crash their Ivory Towers.

Ideally, "real news" would be what's true, facts, and have editors and fact checkers behind it and not some blogger in his basement working in his underwear. Problem is we got to where the media is slinging bullshit and some of the bloggers are the ones putting the truth out there. And it's the mainstream media's own damn fault.