• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Done with....

Totally. I think James Harrison was the Last of the Mohicans.

No doubt, definitely not made for the current NFL makeup. I know Cool Shades isn't popular around here, but I thought it was a real dick move when JH talked about the envelope when he got his bevy of fines.

No doubt, definitely not made for the current NFL makeup. I know Cool Shades isn't popular around here, but I thought it was a real dick move when JH talked about the envelope when he got his bevy of fines.

I could see that breaking the code. I guess I felt it was more that Tomlin had his back and JH was sharing a legendary war story now that he is well removed from the game. I took it as Tomlin privately saying it was BS even though the Rooneys and team were going along with all the changes to the game publicly as good business partners with the Shield.

But yeah, no secret either that JH had later beef with Cool Shades so the motivation could be in question.

I certainly believe the bad cops are not representative of most. I also believe that black people (especially young black men) are pulled over more often, questioned more often, and searched more often. Thus the chances of encountering a bad one go up. My white son is assumed to be a harmless teenager by most people he encounters. A black kid his age is often assumed to be up to no good. A lifetime of assumptions like that have their effect on people.

Stop discounting their experiences, for one. Don't make pronouncements about how people of color should feel or act because I haven't experienced what they have experienced. Don't make assumptions about people. I think most of us if we are honest with ourselves have done this at one time or another. Stop looking at every single one of their grievances as "political correctness" and recognize the legitimacy of some of them.

Stop denying racism has any effect on people and their lives. If more people did this I think things would get better. Not perfect, but better. At least people would feel heard. Every time a person of color hears someone say their problems are not real or not significant that contributes to their anger and pain. We aren't going to solve these problem by lecturing people that their experiences are false or don't matter.

I won't contribute to that any more by the things I say or write on social media. Will it make much of a difference? Probably not. Maybe if a lot of people try to examine themselves and change their mindset, it will. In any case, it's about self-improvement. I have no delusions that I personally can fix racism.

I've been thinking about this post a lot since you wrote it, and was also thinking that just because my extremely small sample size of black friends haven't experienced police brutality, that it doesn't happen. I know that it happens because there are a lot of ****** people in this world, and then when you give them that type of power? Yikes.

Anyways, I appreciate your point of view & I actually just stumbled on this video but I thought it was a great example of practical people having a practical and civilized discourse about potential solutions to some real problems. When you or whoever wants (and has some time) to watch it, it's a good example of dialog we should be having with each other I thought:

Granted, they do agree with each other for the most part, but it's still a good example of civil discourse and practicality IMO.