• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Don’t Forget About Vance

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
By: Michael Stiffler SteelerNation.com This will be his 4th season with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He is no longer considered the clear cut number one tight end for the team, thanks to the off-season signing of Eric Ebron. There isn’t a buzz around his name like there was in previous seasons. I am talking about Vance […]
The post Don’t Forget About Vance appeared first on SteelerNation.com.

More...

I like the 12 personel concepts. You could go Juju and Claypool. That's a lot of speed/size. If the defense goes light and you got Conner in there, motion Claypool down to Vance and overpower them. Pulling Decastro, Vance, Claypool.
Run it as an RPO. You have a blocking side with Vance and Claypool and a pass side of Juju and Ebron.
And then sometimes Claypool motions down and him and Ebron full release and run seam divide on the safety. If they are in cover 2 you have Juju crossing and Vance and the back are in max protect to allow time for Jujus Zone busting Cross.

Last edited by a moderator:
In theory the possibilities are endless. Some good depth and a lot of different formation possibilities. Speed wise you can go DJ,Claypool,Ebron, McFarland and an extra O-lineman. You can power with Juju,Watt,McDonald,Conner and an extra O-lineman. Sub in Washington for Watt. Two attractive options..

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

If you want speed mixed with protection you can go McFarland,Ebron,Watt,Xtra Olineman,Claypool. Man I would think Randy is stoked right about now.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Who's Vance?

He's a guy that hasn't been used properly but he would look good in B & G. Now to just get him to play for "vet" minimum..............

Salute the nation