• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Don't say I didn't warn you

You literally just proved my point. I would be more productive explaining string theory as it relates to Quantum physics to a toddler whose entire concept of the world is provided via cocomelon than explaining economics to you. "Record Profits!! Greedflation!! Shrinkflation!! Corporate Greed!!" is what you're being spoon fed by the CBS.

People like you do not sit and debate topics within yourself or read opposing view points that cause debate. I challenge you to apply the "five whys" principle to the subject of Consumer price indexing. I'll accept a two sentence summary of what you have found to be the root cause of this great injustice upon the World's People.
ze cant and wont do that
what the msm tells ze, ze beleevees with all ze's bleeding heart.

All the ******* numbers. Ahh

Simple for me. I go to the store now and for one meal items over 30 dollars easy. Before, 15-20. Utilities, gas, and other similar items substantially more. My previous car rate, 1% My wife’s future looking rate around 6-7 upcoming.

I don’t need charts and graphs. I see it when I pay for ****. I say it almost everytime at the grocery store….”for ******* what!!!!” Many laugh, as they feel it too.

The only thing that’s working is crushing folks. That’s all.

435172926_724675036414500_1068527596339576848_n.jpg

Actually, $2.23 on 1/3/2020, pre-plague, to $4.29 today, but hey, how 'bout that economy?

Democrats can’t sell the truth, so they tout things that, though they may be true, they are irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Example, they continue to claim inflation is down, because they spout off the current percentage from last month. While totally disregarding the fact that inflation is a CUMULATIVE effect. Sure the rate can be 3.5% TODAY, but totally ignores the fact that is almost 30-40% from from day one of their administration term.

Since retiring almost 2 years ago, the wife and I have made major lifestyle changes because of money.
1. Used to have 2 cellphones with unlimited text and data, now we have one with minimum data - savings $130
2. Used to have Direct TV, now only streaming, and a new platform every month or 3 when we run out of things to watch - savings $ 125
3. Used to eat out at least 2x more than eat in, now we splurge for taco Tuesday buck tacos - savings probably $750
4. Wife loved to go to WalMart and go through the store, now we buy online and pick up only what we need - savings $300
5. Used to buy all kinds of pre made items, now wife makes everything - savings $300 (bonus, it tastes better and lasts longer)
6. We now buy chickens, pork, lamb, beef as whole orhalf animals and cut and process ourselves - savings 30% +/-
7. All our garden scraps and cooking scraps go to our neighbor’s chickens, we get free eggs
8. I have always made beer and wine, but now trade with a neighbor for raw milk.
9. Expanded our gardens to include more fruit production options
10. We now can almost 80% of our foods, so in the event of problems we will be MUCH more secure if the power goes out for some reason. The wife just went through our stores, and figures we are good for at least a year. With local “poaching” we should be good for a while when SHTF.
11. Just bought a new grain mill, so we will be storing more raw wheat and corn.

Last edited:
435172926_724675036414500_1068527596339576848_n.jpg

Actually, $2.23 on 1/3/2020, pre-plague, to $4.29 today, but hey, how 'bout that economy?
Or “That look on your face when you overhear someone complaining about the economy and price of gas while they wait in line for a $4 coffee”.

The coffee that I consume comes from my kitchen.

But the good news it that as of this morning, a gallon of unleaded regular is pushing $5 a gallon!

Or “That look on your face when you overhear someone complaining about the economy and price of gas while they wait in line for a $4 coffee”.
I assume you have that same energy toward millennials who whine about not being able to repay their student loans.

I assume you have that same energy toward millennials who whine about not being able to repay their student loans.
My brother’s girlfriend’s son doesn’t ***** about that but he does make minimum payments on his debts while going out 5-6 nights a week. Young and dumb.

My brother’s girlfriend’s son doesn’t ***** about that but he does make minimum payments on his debts while going out 5-6 nights a week. Young and dumb.
Maybe not so dumb. I would guess that most young people are paying the minimum because they assume that democrats will eventually find a way to make the rest of us pay for it. He simply doesn't want to be part of the sucker crowd that has already paid it off when that happens.

Maybe not so dumb. I would guess that most young people are paying the minimum because they assume that democrats will eventually find a way to make the rest of us pay for it. He simply doesn't want to be part of the sucker crowd that has already paid it off when that happens.
Granted, it is what they are being led to believe.

You mean he’s assuming democrats and republicans will treat his debt like they treat social security?

Democrats can’t sell the truth, so they tout things that, though they may be true, they are irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Example, they continue to claim inflation is down, because they spout off the current percentage from last month. While totally disregarding the fact that inflation is a CUMULATIVE effect. Sure the rate can be 3.5% TODAY, but totally ignores the fact that is almost 30-40% from from day one of their administration term.

Since retiring almost 2 years ago, the wife and I have made major lifestyle changes because of money.
1. Used to have 2 cellphones with unlimited text and data, now we have one with minimum data - savings $130
2. Used to have Direct TV, now only streaming, and a new platform every month or 3 when we run out of things to watch - savings $ 125
3. Used to eat out at least 2x more than eat in, now we splurge for taco Tuesday buck tacos - savings probably $750
4. Wife loved to go to WalMart and go through the store, now we buy online and pick up only what we need - savings $300
5. Used to buy all kinds of pre made items, now wife makes everything - savings $300 (bonus, it tastes better and lasts longer)
6. We now buy chickens, pork, lamb, beef as whole orhalf animals and cut and process ourselves - savings 30% +/-
7. All our garden scraps and cooking scraps go to our neighbor’s chickens, we get free eggs
8. I have always made beer and wine, but now trade with a neighbor for raw milk.
9. Expanded our gardens to include more fruit production options
10. We now can almost 80% of our foods, so in the event of problems we will be MUCH more secure if the power goes out for some reason. The wife just went through our stores, and figures we are good for at least a year. With local “poaching” we should be good for a while when SHTF.
11. Just bought a new grain mill, so we will be storing more raw wheat and corn.
Grinding wheat berries is one of the next few we want to add. This summer we put up the fence - deer everywhere here - so we can get a real garden going. Rarely go out. Cook most everything for our home, including coffee. Get free eggs from a friend of a friend. Hunt for food. Have no TV fees, buy few premade or procssed things. getting our canning stepped up. Have enough items that could be lost over the side of the boat, but might not have been yet.

We're good.

Life always seem to come full circle, eventually. What we are now doing is exactly what my grandparents did every day. It’s not a new concept in the slightest, but more like forgotten skills.

The funny thing, we now eat as much or more as we did before, yet have been able to lose some weight and feel much better.

Life always seem to come full circle, eventually. What we are now doing is exactly what my grandparents did every day. It’s not a new concept in the slightest, but more like forgotten skills.

The funny thing, we now eat as much or more as we did before, yet have been able to lose some weight and feel much better.
Funny how eating food, not garbage, does that to a soul. I was reading a guy's thoughts recently. He is from Europe. He says that when he travels to the US for work, he get inflamed - fatter. It takes about three weeks back in Europe to regain his slim posture, but he does nothing to make it happen. Says bread is a huge part of his diet, but mostly European bread, and it's different. Interesting.

Yinz are doing things right.

Funny how eating food, not garbage, does that to a soul. I was reading a guy's thoughts recently. He is from Europe. He says that when he travels to the US for work, he get inflamed - fatter. It takes about three weeks back in Europe to regain his slim posture, but he does nothing to make it happen. Says bread is a huge part of his diet, but mostly European bread, and it's different. Interesting.
Europeans do not allow glyphosate/Roundup in their crops or the GMO wheat/soy/sorghum in their fields.

Less poison is better

Grinding wheat berries is one of the next few we want to add. This summer we put up the fence - deer everywhere here - so we can get a real garden going. Rarely go out. Cook most everything for our home, including coffee. Get free eggs from a friend of a friend. Hunt for food. Have no TV fees, buy few premade or procssed things. getting our canning stepped up. Have enough items that could be lost over the side of the boat, but might not have been yet.

We're good.
I can Dehydrate, and freeze. I have enough to get through the spring until the garden starts to produce again.
I trade beans/Toms for fresh eggs from a local farmer.

Where the man gets me is bacon. gotta get that bacon fix.

Europeans do not allow glyphosate/Roundup in their crops or the GMO wheat/soy/sorghum in their fields.

Less poison is better
Deep thinking. Well played.