• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

DRAFT 2018 - Quarterback Reports (Pre Combine)

What you do, is come up with your theory, then massage the #'s to fit.

Im having a hard time remembering that Rypien was elite. Good, yes. Elite? Have to look back at that. I always confused him with another guy whose name i cannot remember.

Massage it your way, it won't work.

My points stand, one can only argue about the percentages, which are above 80% elite needed to win.

My points stand, one can only argue about the percentages, which are above 80% elite needed to win.

your initial data was at 72%...you then added a few very good but not elite guys to your "elite" list to try and make your 9 of 10 true....

Well, your way is to add people to the elite list until you get close to 9 out of 10.

Rypien? Not Elite.
I will give you Warner
Take out cheating sacks of ****? Caught cheating once....LOL. How many people have been caught speeding and it was their only and last time? The Eagles ran a fake walkthrough for fun? Everyone knows.
"might just add Plunkett"..That, in itself tells you all you need to know about your "method".
Being in the Pro Bowl means you won an election of popularity not that you were just that damn good. All Pro as a measurement would make more sense.

52 SB. Take out 5 due to cheating sacks fo **** and you are left with 47.

Non-Elite QB's Foles, Flacco, Johnson, Dilfer, Rypien, Hoestetler, Williams, McMahon, Plunkett (x2)

10/47 wins by non-elite QB. Up to 12, depending upon how you feel about Eli. Min 21.2% wins by non-Elite. Close to 80. Not close to 9/10.

The argument is, you CAN win without elite, not that it is likely and not that it is probable. In fact, having an Elite QB.

My corollary to that is, how many were kept from the ability to get to the SB by cheating sacks of ****? Some? None?

your initial data was at 72%...you then added a few very good but not elite guys to your "elite" list to try and make your 9 of 10 true....

Maybe he works in climate "science" for the government?

Well if 72% of the winning QB's are or will be in the hall of fame, that speaks volumes doesn't it?

That number by the way can rise if Wilson or Foles sustains their excellence and ends up in Canton, or say if Ben wins the super bowl again :)

The definition of elite can vary, and the other point I think matters is those who won the super bowl without an elite quarterback often had an opponents with a non elite quarterback as well.

With the rules these days, Defense is less a factor, meaning those QB's who won a super bowl by just doing enough should become less common.

well 100% of the QBs who most recently won the Super Bowl were not elite

well 100% of the QBs who most recently won the Super Bowl were not elite

Foles career needs to play out a bit more, wouldn't you say? Anyone who can beat the cheating Patriots in the super bowl has to have a good qb.

Well if 72% of the winning QB's are or will be in the hall of fame, that speaks volumes doesn't it?

That number by the way can rise if Wilson or Foles sustains their excellence and ends up in Canton, or say if Ben wins the super bowl again :)

The definition of elite can vary, and the other point I think matters is those who won the super bowl without an elite quarterback often had an opponents with a non elite quarterback as well.

With the rules these days, Defense is less a factor, meaning those QB's who won a super bowl by just doing enough should become less common.

well the losing QBs include Tarkenton, Theisman, Elway (2), Kelly (2), and Manning so over half of the non elite qbs beat elite qbs