• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Drone director calls it quits. (or maybe it was just an Army Chaplain)

• Thread starter Thread starter POP
  • Start date Start date
do NOT ask ark that last question. he may take it as an offer and clean out his savings account (tube sock under his mattress which totals $5.37)

I heard this guy today on NPR at lunch.

He's just a religious guy against the Iraq war in general, not just the use of drones. He basically came out and admitted he's against the war completely and that we shouldn't be there are all.

I mean, that's fine he believes that. He's entitled to that opinion. But to spin this as a debate about drones is pretty far-fetched. At least from what I heard out of his own mouth. He had very little specifics on drones in general and just blabbered about how the war just made him sick of being a Chaplin in the Army and he quit. Oh well....

Drones are great but a little light on field intel - you know, capture the enemy and interrogate them..

Drones are great but a little light on field intel - you know, capture the enemy and interrogate them..

high value target that you just need dead.....drone is the safest way.

still surprised the US had a Chaplain as the drone Director....

I think all war is bad, and we should all just stop it, right now.
There. Problem solved.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/...n-us-army-minister-resigns-over-drone-program

To stay in the drone program, you have to be sick, twisted and/or stupid....or not be able to sleep at night. Those are the only options.

For every "target" they kill, they admit they kill an additional 30 innocent people. Real nice. How is that not cold blooded murder?

How would you feel if a drone killed your wife and children?

Change "drone director" for dea head and Ill be interested.

The issue I have is not the 30 additional people killed in addition to the target. The terrorists hide amongst noncombatants who happily harbor them. The issue I have is when we get used by one tribe or village as a revenge tool against another. We are launching $100K missiles at mud huts full of old men to settle 500 year old grudges. At this point I am against the war on the grounds that we have a complshed the only objectively identifiable goals we could have. Namely the deaths of Sadam Hussien and Osama Bin Laden. The attempts at nation building and pacification are futile and are more costly in blood and treasure than any of us should be willing to pay. I do not want to be at war in the ME another 16 years. I have a son that will be draft elligable in 5 years and I would rather not have him conscripted and risk his life in a war that is pointless.

And yes the headline of this thread is bogus.