• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Election Day 2020

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
So its always Reps fault?

Why would you not expect them to judge your opinion in the same way?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

There is some stinky **** on the Democratic side too, as I hated the cries of Russian collusion and whatnot, but to claim that only one side engages in toxic partisanship is ridiculous.

This has been going for decades and gets worse with each Presidency.

Last edited:

Vader

Reaction score
It was actually covered quite a bit. Fox News gave it some credence, while others just ridiculed it for the nonsense that it was.

No it wasn't. It was covered as in "These crazy people think Obama was not born in Hawaii". It was never covered as a news story. Also again it started with Clinton NOT the Reps. This isn't about just having partisan issues. What they did to Trump was criminal. They've impeached him twice for doing absolutely nothing wrong. He didn't even lie about a BJ. Also your ability to emulsify what happened to Obama (which is just typical partisan nothingness) with what happened to Trump (being spied on, accused of treason and impeached for nothing) is absurd on it's face. They aren't even in the same universe. You brush off the Russia gate probe as if it's the same thing as calling Obama a big meanie. They aren't similar in the slightest. Trump was targeted by the Obama administration, FBI and other intelligence agencies. The federal government set up a covert spy operation against one of it's own citizens running for president. I'm sorry but what was done or said about Obama pales in comparison to what was actually done to Trump by his own government. It's an absolute crime what happened.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
There is some stinky **** on the Democratic side too, as I hated the cries of Russian collusion and whatnot, but to claim that only one side engages in toxic partisanship is ridiculous.

This has been going for decades and gets worse with each Presidency.
Agreed.

It gets worse until a true leader, capable of speaking to those on both sides, rural and urban, liberal and conservative, center left and center right, public and private healthcare supporters, 2nd Amendment supporters and opponents, etc. emerges and can handle the responsibility that comes with getting the microphone.

Or

A significant external or internal event/issue focuses the population on commonalities vs differences to allow a more productive path forward.

So, you need a real leader, or war/aliens to help unite the people.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
McConnell declared from day one of Obama's Presidency that Republicans in congress were going to work to obstruct him.

Republicans blamed Obama for everything from Benghazi to the Ferguson riots, and nearly led the country to credit default and financial ruin on two occasions, while trying to use the debt ceiling to leverage Obama into repealing the ACA.

No denying Republicans worked to obstruct Obama. Likewise, the House and most of Congress worked day 1 to obstruct Trump. But you omit the media. Not only was Congress obstructing him, the media was skewering him from day 1, working incessantly to turn the American public against him. They pushed the Russia narrative (proven utterly false) for 3.5 years, convincing many Americans that he was indeed guilty of something he was not. The media blamed him for COVID from day 1. They attacked him for every single thing he did. They gave him credit for nothing. Nothing.

When Obama was President, the media provided air cover for him non stop. While Republicans rightfully blamed Obama and the Dems for Benghazi and Ferguson, they didn't have a nationwide media pushing the same objective. In fact, from the Sunday morning shows, to the DNC coordinating with every major and minor network, they covered for every thing the administration did.

Most reprehensibly, we had a scandal worse than Watergate with regards to Obama organizing Federal agencies to spy on Trump. The media refused to cover it, just like the refused to cover Hunter Biden. They literally work to protect Democrats and it works.

Look at the White House press briefings...any of them...for Trump v Obama v Bush. Go back and watch. During Trump's Presidency, the press corp did nothing but attack and smear him. It wasn't as vile with Bush, but it was bad. Look at a Press Briefing with Obama. No hard questions, no putting him on the spot for anything.

From day one, no one in the mainstream media and no Democrat gave the Office of the President any respect at all. It was a coup from day one.

There has never been a coordinated media + political attack on any Democratic President that lasted 4 years.

I'll ride this horse.

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
It was actually covered quite a bit. Fox News gave it some credence, while others just ridiculed it for the nonsense that it was.

Wait a minute...are you saying that the President being involved with the orchestrated FBI campaign to spy on Trump didn't happen????? For real? I'd like this on the record LOL

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Hint: It's collapsed.

If you understood what the horse reference actually referred to, you wouldn't now look like...the horse's ***

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
If you understood what the horse reference actually referred to, you wouldn't now look like...the horse's ***

The time of your perceived moral high ground has long past.

The fact you bedded-down with Trump, as he lied and decieved for weeks about election fraud, that you swallowed hook, line and sinker. You posted about it incessantly, until... suddenly, you went silent. The lies that led to an armed insurrection on the Capitol, mob violence, attacks on police. More than anything else, the MAGA seditionists attacked the Constitution, trying to overthrow a free and fair election. That's all on you, and it will stick to you, for a long, long time.

That was my point. Neither complex nor complicated, but there, I just explained it to you anyway.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
And for all you yahoos still barreling down the MAGA election fraud rabbit hole, repeat after me, slowly: "Trump's deranged claims about voter fraud are completely false and have no basis in fact."

After receiving legal letter, conservative outlet American Thinker has issued an incredible statement admitting it published "completely false" info on Dominion that had "no basis in fact." It apologizes to readers for "abandoning" journalistic principles.

ErzEeyTW4AMQPRW

Last edited:

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score

The fact you bedded-down with Trump, as he lied and decieved for weeks about election fraud, that you swallowed hook, line and sinker. You posted about it incessantly, until... suddenly, you went silent. The lies that led to an armed insurrection on the Capitol, mob violence, attacks on police. More than anything else, the MAGA seditionists attacked the Constitution, trying to overthrow a free and fair election. That's all on you, and it will stick to you, for a long, long time.

That was my point. Neither complex nor complicated, but there, I just explained it to you anyway.

WTF is Vile Comrade Tibs, Useful Idiot, going on about???

Are you blaming Tim for the Steelers loss too?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Tibs, interesting post, as usual. I always look forward to your take on things. If you have a sec, please explain your comments a bit further, so I can fully understand the ramifications of this. Thank you, appreciate it man.

Sure thing, Con.

In my view everyone, including Tim and several others on the board, who knowingly pushed these bald-faced lies about the election 'being stolen' and alleged, massive, wide-scale election fraud - as propogated by Trump, Giuliani and the rest of the shady Trump team - are indirectly responsible for creating the type of mob mentality that led to the events on Jan 6th.

You see it pop-up to this very day, on the board. That the election was stolen, Biden isn't the legitimate President, massive election fraud took place, and so on.

These are all lies.

Anyone still holding onto these views - in an act of final desperation - needs to do some serious soul searching.

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score

So you've admitted we have it. Thanks. Trust me, it continues.

The fact you bedded-down with Trump, as he lied and decieved for weeks about election fraud, that you swallowed hook, line and sinker. You posted about it incessantly, until... suddenly, you went silent. .

Oh I believe in him and he did amazing things for this country. I also still believe there was rampant fraud. It has not been investigated and is warranting of a Special Counsel investigation. But we know that won't happen now. This will be treated like Hunter, Hillary's emails, the FBI spying on Trump and Benghazi. *poof* the criminals in office will make it go away.

The lies that led to an armed insurrection on the Capitol, mob violence, attacks on police.

Quite a lot like the lies not only Obama spread about police violence against African Americans that the media proffered yet again this year that led to insurrection last year, attacks on Federal buildings, mob violence, attacks on police? You mean....now you are outraged when politicians tell lies and incite their followers to violence?

You're pretty good about calling "facts" facts when they are anything but...you know, like your emphatic "there were no lefties involved in the January 6 events."

More than anything else, the MAGA seditionists attacked the Constitution, trying to overthrow a free and fair election. That's all on you, and it will stick to you, for a long, long time.

Yeah Komrade, using your Communist logic, David Dorn's death, the death of 30 others last year, the assassination of 5 police officers in Dallas, and the shooting of Congressman Scalise is all on you. You supported what led to those events. It will always be on you.

You still missed the point LOL

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
In my view everyone, including Tim and several others on the board, who knowingly pushed these bald-faced lies about the election 'being stolen' and alleged, massive, wide-scale election fraud - as propogated by Trump, Giuliani and the rest of the shady Trump team - are indirectly responsible for creating the type of mob mentality that led to the events on Jan 6th.

As said in the prior post, if you are going to use this failed logic to blame individuals here for what happened on January 6, let it be known, you sir are to blame for Scalise's shooting, the billions in damages to the USA last year, the 30 dead, David Dorn, the 5 police officers assassinated by Micah Johnson...hell let's throw in all the police that were killed as a result of Obama ramping up the rhetoric that cops are bad as well...likewise you are to blame for the billions in damages last year, the innocent civilians mercilessly attacked by 2x4s at their store's doors, and the countless owners who lost their businesses forever. Because you supported those lies and the rhetoric they spewed, so you are therefore personally responsible.

------------------

Is this where we want to be?

I'm pretty sure I don't think the mods like posters personally accusing other members of "contributing to nationwide violence or insurgencies." Yeah, I replied in kind.

Let it be known, once again as it always seems to be, you're the first to cross the line.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Let it be known, once again as it always seems to be, you're the first to cross the line.

Just hope this results in some amount of self-reflection and introspection on your end. Now that you've seen what a frenzied mob is capable of, when fed incessant lies, over and over again.

I chose my words carefully, which is why I wrote earlier that those spreading these MAGA lies and false claims were 'indirectly' involved with the events of Jan 6th.

The fact of the matter is, the lies spread by the President and his team were the same ones you and others kept repeating here. It now may be entirely uncomfortable for you to deal with, in hindsight. I can't help you with that.

Last edited:

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Just hope this results in some amount of self-reflection and introspection on your end. Now that you've seen what a frenzied mob is capable of, when fed incessant lies, over and over again.

I chose my words carefully, which is why I wrote earlier that those spreading these MAGA lies and false claims were 'indirectly' involved with the events of Jan 6th.

The fact of the matter is, the lies spread by the President and his team were the same ones you and others kept repeating here. It now may be entirely uncomfortable for you to deal with, in hindsight. I can't help you with that.

Oh trust me, I am 100% locked into my convictions and beliefs. I have nothing but comfort with my claims. I am resolved to treat this presidency with exactly the same decorum the last was.

Likewise, hopefully, you realize the hate and vile rhetoric and lies your side has offered led to a year of carnage. I doubt it concerns you in the least. In fact, I know it doesn't. All of your emotions are filtered by Blue or Red. Only certain lives matter to you.

They call you vile for a reason Tibs.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh trust me, I am 100% locked into my convictions and beliefs. I have nothing but comfort with my claims. I am resolved to treat this presidency with exactly the same decorum the last was. Likewise, hopefully, you realize the hate and vile rhetoric and lies your side has offered led to a year of carnage. I doubt it concerns you in the least. In fact, I know it doesn't. All of your emotions are filtered by Blue or Red. Only certain lives matter to you. They call you vile for a reason Tibs.

Enough with the theatrics, I know you have that in spades.

Couple of quick questions, Tim. Do you still believe Trump won this election in a landside? Do you believe the election was stolen? Do you think there was wide-scale election fraud, be it with the Dominion machines or in other ways?

Let's try to keep emotions out of it, just looking for a yes or no answer.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
McConnell declared from day one of Obama's Presidency that Republicans in congress were going to work to obstruct him.

Republicans blamed Obama for everything from Benghazi to the Ferguson riots, and nearly led the country to credit default and financial ruin on two occasions, while trying to use the debt ceiling to leverage Obama into repealing the ACA.

No political or moral high ground at all.

i'm sorry, but comparing what happened then to what has happened over the last 13 months and claiming some sort of victory has got to be the most illogical, unfounded win since ... President-Elect Peepads and Vice-Prostitute Kneepads stole the election in 2020.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sure thing, Con.

You see it pop-up to this very day, on the board. That the election was stolen, Biden isn't the legitimate President, massive election fraud took place, and so on.

These are all lies.

Anyone still holding onto these views - in an act of final desperation - needs to do some serious soul searching.

and there we have it. Dim playbook right before us.
Dims will adjust history as they see fit, erasing what they don't like and replacing it with what they approve.

what Tibs changed Confluence's post to read:
Tibsfluence said:
Hey Tibs, interesting post, as usual. I always look forward to your take on things. If you have a sec, please explain your comments a bit further, so I can fully understand the ramifications of this. Thank you, appreciate it man.

what Confluence actually said:
WTF is Vile Comrade Tibs, Useful Idiot, going on about???

Are you blaming Tim for the Steelers loss too?

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think the mods like posters personally accusing other members of "contributing to nationwide violence or insurgencies.

You're absolutely right, particularly when some mods here believe and spread the same lies and conspiracy theories that you do. It's a classic case of the inmates running the asylum.

President-Elect Joseph R. Biden and Vice-President-Elect Kamala Harris stole the election in 2020.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
what Tibs changed Confluence's post to read:
Lol, that was done for comedic effect. His post is there for the whole world to see. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Thank God you're around to explain the innerworkings of these posts to others, as otherwise these things would fly right over everyone's head.

ps - Don't look now, but I also changed your quote in the post above. Preparing for the forthcoming complete and utter meltdown. lol

Supersteeler

Reaction score

Has it really? Interesting. Well I tell ya what. Once Trump supporters have destroyed large segments of American cities, killed hundreds of small business permanently and caused billions of dollars of damage, then they won't have a moral high ground. But you and I both know that will never happen, so you are very very mistaken on that theory.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score

No political or moral high ground at all.

They were right to oppose and obstruct TeLePrOmPtEr Jesus. The policies he was pushing were bad for the country. His rhetoric about Michael “The Gentle Giant” Brown sure as **** didn’t help the situation in Ferguson MO. And news flash ******* Obama was responsible for the Benghazi debacle by destabilizing Libya then not sending help for 13 ******* hours when they could have had CAS in 45 minutes from bases in Italy.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Ogre dropping truth bombs

tenor.gif

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Enough with the theatrics, I know you have that in spades.

Couple of quick questions, Tim. Do you still believe Trump won this election in a landside? Do you believe the election was stolen? Do you think there was wide-scale election fraud, be it with the Dominion machines or in other ways?

Let's try to keep emotions out of it, just looking for a yes or no answer.

Tibs accusing others of theatrics is indeed rich.

Let's play your game, shall we? Every member of this board watched your never ending, panties-in-a-knot, crying ****-fest for 4 years about Russia...let's play...

Tibor, do you still believe Trump won the 2016 election fairly? Do you believe the 2016 election was stolen by Russian interference? Do you think there was wide-scale foreign interference, be it with ad buys, or manipulating our voting systems in other ways?

Let's try to keep your drama out of it. Just looking for yes or no answers.

We will wait.

--------------------

****, we have 4 years of your replies that answer that.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
do you still believe...

Trump won the 2016 election?
- Yes

Trump won the 2016 election fairly?
- No

Did you accept the election results?
- Yes

Do you believe the 2016 election was stolen by Russian interference?
- No

Do you think there was wide-scale foreign interference, be it with ad buys, or manipulating our voting systems in other ways?
- Yes

Your turn, drama queen.