• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Elections have consequences

I wonder if Pence is praying there?

These Pence memes are killing the internet today....lol

47687917_917047971833226_444286926225145856_n.jpg

That's pure bullshit. Both parties have voted for and supported border security measures over the past few years. Yeah, even Democrats. Why repeat Trump's stupid lies when they're easily disproven? The whole spiel about 'Democrats want open borders!' and 'Democrats want drugs and criminals to pour into the country....' is pure insanity. Nobody wants that, not even Democrats. Trump - and many on this board - might try to vilify them, but Dems aren't that ******* stupid.

The point of contention seems to be wether it's wise to fund Trump's insane, Roman-emperor vision for a Great Wall of Texas, or for a bit less money spread it around for infrastructure, manpower, equipment etc. Any sane person would want their country's borders to be safe and secure. Nobody's arguing against that. It's the how's and why's that need to be decided. I'm 100% for a more thought-through approach than rushing into Trump's nutso building project. If that's the Democrats angle, then I'm behind it. That's what Pelosi & Schumer seem to be pushing for, and might have two-party support for it. Who cares if Trump doesn't get to put his name on a stupid wall, financed by taxpayers. Keep strengthening and improving border security in other ways. Let's hope cooler heads prevail.

i have democrats in my family who lean hard left. they're for some measure of border security. difficult for them to NOT be since one of my uncles is a former border patrol agent, who even supervised a facility that is in the MSM crosshairs. While i'll give you credit for posting that democrats do want border security, please do not be discouraged if Flogomanbun dings you for spelling "whether" incorrectly. He's an elitist **** heel like that, and will undoubtedly tease you long and hard about it.

moving on ...

since you posted the graphs, is it not safe to say that cost of government goes up? your graph clearly indicates that the budget went up. never declined a significant amount. always going up. because people expect to be compensated for their time (unless they work at Patagonia, but that's a different subject). Wouldn't a wall, even at $5 billion, that could be monitored and secured by tech advances (such as drones) serve as a way to possibly lower that cost? maybe even utilize fewer border patrol agents and lower some taxes? maybe even put that money saved from securing the border into other funds such as education or climate control?

Ark even said to put solar panels on the wall and generate electricity. There are a plethora of ways the wall, once constructed, could be beneficial in ways that are not related to securing the country. you even said it could help the steel and concrete industry. bids on the wall could help companies stay afloat, thus putting more Americans into continued employment, where they can continue to pay taxes, rather than be unemployed and collect unemployment benefits.

maybe its you who is " looking at a tiny sliver of time, through narrow lenses". Try seeing the benefits of the wall instead of virtue signaling about the poor brown masses who want $50k to go home.

Consequences like:

Reagan Market crash and big recession
Bush 41 Recession
Bush 43 Market crash, Financial Crisis
Trump Depression 2.0 on the Way

Consequences like:

Reagan Market crash and big recession
Bush 41 Recession
Bush 43 Market crash, Financial Crisis
Trump Depression 2.0 on the Way

or giving Iran $150 Billion in cash

Trump didn't need Pence. He bitchslapped those two fools in front of the world by himself.

I love how you live in this tightly-wrapped, fictional cocoon. Poke your head out once in a while, see what's happening in the real world. Nah, why would you want to do that?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: GOP consultant tells me Trump is “absolutely enraged” by the news coverage of his meeting with Pelosi and Schumer today. Trump apparently blames Pence for not speaking up. He thinks Pence “lost it for him.” And he wishes he never held the meeting, calling it a “set up.”</p>— Scott Dworkin (@funder) <a href="https://twitter.com/funder/status/1072630052746129408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I love how you live in this tightly-wrapped, fictional cocoon. Poke your head out once in a while, see what's happening in the real world. Nah, why would you want to do that?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: GOP consultant tells me Trump is “absolutely enraged” by the news coverage of his meeting with Pelosi and Schumer today. Trump apparently blames Pence for not speaking up. He thinks Pence “lost it for him.” And he wishes he never held the meeting, calling it a “set up.”</p>— Scott Dworkin (@funder) <a href="https://twitter.com/funder/status/1072630052746129408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
BREAKING! Pence knows not to step in front of the Trump train. Pence was window dressing. Trump also knows that the media will never give him a fair shake.

Yawn.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Pence couldn't have gotten a word in edgewise among those three. Arguing over who "won," when the whole damn thing was embarrassing. I'm glad it happened in front of the cameras. Should be that way all the time. This way, the American people can actually see what represents them in Washington, rather than practiced, polished soundbites.

Pence couldn't have gotten a word in edgewise among those three. Arguing over who "won," when the whole damn thing was embarrassing. I'm glad it happened in front of the cameras. Should be that way all the time. This way, the American people can actually see what represents them in Washington, rather than practiced, polished soundbites.

Yep. It was like watching 3 old drunk, ignorant relatives debate politics after Thanksgiving dinner.

Elections have consequences and the Reps own the Presidency and the Senate. The Dems own the lowly House where stupid people can win in highly partisan districts, see the dumb **** Maxinne Waters , the dumb **** from New York who thinks she can run for president because the 35 year old minimum age requirement only applies to men . These people are too stupid to be executives in the real world and instead feed on the public teet due to Dems being too stupid to elect smart or competent people. Much easier for them to fall in line and be mules for the party.