• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

electoral college

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
with the state of our country, and by that I mean giving into the bullies or those that pitch a fit,(those ******* liberal commie ********) and the political correctness we must adhere to; is there any chance the liberal *** hats get enough people to go against what their state voted, and put the hilldabeast in office?

If this were to happen what would transpire in our country, would conservatives just sit on it and spin like we always do?

none whatsoever

The electors to my knowledge are selected by the Party that won so no I don't believe it will happen. What scares me is the NPV movement circumventing the Constitution with its plan. That **** needs to stop now. I do not ever want to go to a straight popular election model.

http://endingthefed.com/no-liberals...-win-the-popular-vote-here-are-the-facts.html

No, Liberals… Hillary Clinton Did NOT Win The Popular Vote! Here Are The Facts.

Ok, so let’s set the record straight on this whole petition thing floating around that has now received over 3 million signatures called “Electoral College: Make Hillary Clinton President on December 19”.

The argument is that Hillary won the popular vote, so we should abolish the electoral college altogether and the state electors should abandon the electoral votes for Trump, and instead vote Hillary into office. There’s just one problem, liberals…Hillary DID NOT win the popular vote. Here’s why.

From American Thinker:

First of all, she’s probably not going to win the actual number of votes cast. She may win the number of votes counted, but not the votes cast.

States don’t count their absentee ballots unless the number of outstanding absentee ballots is larger than the state margin of difference. If there is a margin of 1,000 votes counted and there are 1,300 absentee ballots outstanding, then the state tabulates those. If the number of outstanding absentee ballots wouldn’t influence the election results, then the absentee ballots aren’t counted.

Who votes by absentee ballot? Students overseas, the military, businesspeople on trips, etc. The historical breakout for absentee ballots is about 67-33% Republican. In 2000, when Al Gore “won” the popular vote nationally by 500,000 votes and the liberal media screamed bloody murder, there were 2 million absentee ballots in California alone. A 67-33 breakout of those yields a 1.33 to 0.66 million Republican vote advantage, so Bush would have gotten a 667,000-vote margin from California’s uncounted absentee ballots alone! So much for Gore’s 500,000 popular vote “victory.” (That was the headline on the N.Y. Times, and it was the lead story on NBC Nightly News, right? No? You’re kidding.)

So, the next time someone says “Hillary won the popular vote” you can give them this little election lesson, as most people have no idea that hundreds of thousands of ballots are never even counted. Statistically, there is no way Hillary Clinton won the popular vote this year.

with the state of our country, and by that I mean giving into the bullies or those that pitch a fit,(those ******* liberal commie ********) and the political correctness we must adhere to; is there any chance the liberal *** hats get enough people to go against what their state voted, and put the hilldabeast in office?

If this were to happen what would transpire in our country, would conservatives just sit on it and spin like we always do?

So wait you actually think conservatives take more **** and give in more than liberals. LMAO. No. Not even close. I'm an independent right now because of the massive bending over that Democrats did while Bush was in office. Historically this has pretty much been the case too.

So wait you actually think conservatives take more **** and give in more than liberals. LMAO. No. Not even close.

Uh, yep. Justify otherwise. Don't forget BLM, the EPA, the IRS, the DOJ, which directions hate crimes were filed in the Knock Out game, Miracle Pizza and bakeries across the country, middle class America, the media bias against conservatives, and articles like these from Vanity Fair that we stomach daily. Don't forget colleges, their professors and the curriculum. Hell I could go on paragraph after paragraph of the bullying and **** the Right has taken for nearly two decades.

Aaron Sorkin of Vanity Fair wrote an amazingly insulting article on November 9 in which he said:

"Sorkin Girls, Well the world changed late last night in a way I couldn’t protect us from. That’s a terrible feeling for a father. I won’t sugarcoat it—this is truly horrible. It’s hardly the first time my candidate didn’t win (in fact it’s the sixth time) but it is the first time that a thoroughly incompetent pig with dangerous ideas, a serious psychiatric disorder, no knowledge of the world and no curiosity to learn has.

And it wasn’t just Donald Trump who won last night—it was his supporters too. The Klan won last night. White nationalists. Sexists, racists and buffoons. Angry young white men who think rap music and Cinco de Mayo are a threat to their way of life (or are the reason for their way of life) have been given cause to celebrate. Men who have no right to call themselves that and who think that women who aspire to more than looking hot are shrill, ugly, and otherwise worthy of our scorn rather than our admiration struck a blow for misogynistic shitheads everywhere. Hate was given hope. Abject dumbness was glamorized as being “the fresh voice of an outsider” who’s going to “shake things up.”

The electoral college system has been set up that way for over 200 years. It's not news, unless you're a youngster educated in the modern union-run politically-correct schools.
The only way to change it would be a Constitutional amendment, which isn't going to happen because at the moment it works to the Republicans' advantage and Congress and most of the states will be controlled by the GOP for the foreseeable future.

This isn't the first nor the last time this has happened.

Im not a fan of the electoral college, but I love it now! I still think it needs tweaked. California with 55 is too high. I think they should make the states equal or split them up into thirds if they want to keep the current system. Change PA to East, Middle, and West and make it 21 electoral votes. Each third = 7 votes. Another option would be to make the states not winner take all. If PA is close could have the winner get 12 and other 8. I think this would be a middle ground between the popular vote and the electoral college.

Im not a fan of the electoral college, but I love it now! I still think it needs tweaked. California with 55 is too high. I think they should make the states equal or split them up into thirds if they want to keep the current system. Change PA to East, Middle, and West and make it 21 electoral votes. Each third = 7 votes. Another option would be to make the states not winner take all. If PA is close could have the winner get 12 and other 8. I think this would be a middle ground between the popular vote and the electoral college.

PA has a Democrat governor but after this election a veto-proof Republican legislature. What I would like to see them do is apportion the electoral votes by Congressional district like Maine and Nebraska do. This would limit the damage that the Democrats in Philadelphia and Allegheny County can do and keep PA a red state forever.

No, but they can put in a different Repugnican.

Not likely to happen unlesd the protests continue and some of the 160 electors not bound by law decide to switch their votes. It would be a LONG shot at best.

No, but they can put in a different Repugnican.

Not likely to happen unlesd the protests continue and some of the 160 electors not bound by law decide to switch their votes. It would be a LONG shot at best.

Only if Trump manages to commit Arkancide and then they'd vote in Pence.
Our system isn't perfect but we don't often change the rules in the middle of the game. It's not like Ron Paul is in danger of getting the GOP nomination or anything....

1e19ae.jpg

This is total leftist garbage and its not going to happen.

Only if Trump manages to commit Arkancide and then they'd vote in Pence.
Our system isn't perfect but we don't often change the rules in the middle of the game. It's not like Ron Paul is in danger of getting the GOP nomination or anything....

View attachment 2857

He has to be in court Nov. 28 to testify on the Trump University case where as we know they conspired to swindle many people.

The electoral thing is pretty much an impossibility, impeachment is a whole other story though.

elfie you should know that your purposeful misspelling of Republicans and other words just makes you look even more ignorant than your views on our society. You might get a little respect if you weren't so ******* annoying in the way you phrase your comments. Not much respect, but any would be more than what you currently garner.

They really don't want to tamper with the results in this election. The surest way to start a bloody civil war would be to disenfranchise half the country.

elfie you should know that your purposeful misspelling of Republicans and other words just makes you look even more ignorant than your views on our society. You might get a little respect if you weren't so ******* annoying in the way you phrase your comments. Not much respect, but any would be more than what you currently garner.

Can I use libtard Coolio?

History is no longer properly taught. That is why whiny millennials don't understand the electoral college. They have been taught that a big daddy federal government is all that there is, but that is not how the country was founded.

Look no further than our country's name, United States of America. Or the fact that a war was fought over state's rights. Of course most people think the civil war was about slavery, but it was not. It was about state's rights.

The Constitution specifically spells out the powers of the federal government. Anything not mentioned reverts to the states. This is the brilliance of the founding. The notion that smaller government is more responsive and representative of it's people that one large federal government.

If there was no Electoral College, then no Presidential candidate would set foot in 80% of the country. The Dems would go to Cali, NY, Philly, and Chicago and that's it.

Look at how Philly usually dominates the political fate of PA even though most of the rest of the state is conservative. Sometimes, the rest of the state does have enough votes to overcome Philly as we saw this year. This can happen on the state level, but if it was a national level, there is no way that rural America would have any say at all.

People in Iowa would be governed by laws made based on what people in LA and NY think.

Can I use libtard Coolio?

dunk.gif

elfiePoloRabbiFakeEbonicsNativeAmerican shoots ...

And gets stuffed.

History is no longer properly taught. That is why whiny millennials don't understand the electoral college. They have been taught that a big daddy federal government is all that there is, but that is not how the country was founded.

Look no further than our country's name, United States of America. Or the fact that a war was fought over state's rights. Of course most people think the civil war was about slavery, but it was not. It was about state's rights.

The Constitution specifically spells out the powers of the federal government. Anything not mentioned reverts to the states. This is the brilliance of the founding. The notion that smaller government is more responsive and representative of it's people that one large federal government.

If there was no Electoral College, then no Presidential candidate would set foot in 80% of the country. The Dems would go to Cali, NY, Philly, and Chicago and that's it.

Look at how Philly usually dominates the political fate of PA even though most of the rest of the state is conservative. Sometimes, the rest of the state does have enough votes to overcome Philly as we saw this year. This can happen on the state level, but if it was a national level, there is no way that rural America would have any say at all.

People in Iowa would be governed by laws made based on what people in LA and NY think.

Never expect Libtards to get this. Never.

With the electoral college we would certainly have another civil war. This isn't some pure democracy anyway. Which is nothing more than mob rule. It's a constitutional republic. I swear most people have absolutely no clue what any of it is.

With the electoral college we would certainly have another civil war. This isn't some pure democracy anyway. Which is nothing more than mob rule. It's a constitutional republic. I swear most people have absolutely no clue what any of it is.

It's a Democratic Republic. We elect representatives, so it's not a pure democracy. But we do elect them by majority rule so it is democratic.

and yes, without the electoral college you'd have the east and west coast big cities running everything, with California in charge - mob rule