• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

electoral college

It's a Democratic Republic. We elect representatives, so it's not a pure democracy. But we do elect them by majority rule so it is democratic.

and yes, without the electoral college you'd have the east and west coast big cities running everything, with California in charge - mob rule[/QUOTE

I had meant to add we're not a pure democracy. Thank god.
Yes it's democratic,but it's also a constitutional republic. Rule of law runs us,not majority vote. That's what I was getting at. Of course the majority can change the laws unless it's unconstitutional. Then presidents like Obama just circumvent law by executive order.

I don't get it. I certainly didn't vote for Obama but once elected, I wanted him to do well because it would make our country do well. Totally gave him the benefit of doubt for the 1st 3 years or so until it was kinda obvious that his tenure was going to be a train wreck for the American people.

why don't people let Trump into office before labeling him a failure? like it or not he is our President. if he does well America does well.

I don't get it. I certainly didn't vote for Obama but once elected, I wanted him to do well because it would make our country do well. Totally gave him the benefit of doubt for the 1st 3 years or so until it was kinda obvious that his tenure was going to be a train wreck for the American people.

why don't people let Trump into office before labeling him a failure? like it or not he is our President. if he does well America does well.

Not my president EVER!

As far as minorities go only coconuts and Uncle Toms would accept that POS.

Never expect Libtards to get this. Never.

Never expect libatrds to understand that the Founders despised a pure democracy, yet how many times have we heard that "we must make the world safe for democracy".

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. --Alexander Tytler 1747 – 1813.

Although there has been debate on whether he actually said this:
I love this quote.

The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.
...and from bodage to the THE TRUMP TRAIN.” -Alexander Tytler

FYI I added the Trump Train LOL. Seems we were headed or at the last two steps...but Tytler couldn't predict the TRUMP TRAIN!!

Last edited:
If there was no Electoral College, then no Presidential candidate would set foot in 80% of the country.

Exactly - more like 95% of the country would be forgotten

15095632_1324001444285959_1960590937045374826_n.jpg

because like most liberals you are a small minded, intolerant little *****

No what you just described is YOUR president-elect.

It's perfectly logical to not tolerate racism and misogyny. And the enablers of those things.

No what you just described is YOUR president-elect

It's perfectly logical to not tolerate racism and misogyny. And the enablers of those things.

What you don't get is to me Obama was a racist because he did not represent my best interests. Fine call Trump a racist as long as you can understand that so was Obama.

The Washington Post was once a trusted and honorable newspaper.
That ship has sailed.
Same with the NYT, and most mainstream Televsion.

You mean The Washington Post that put 26 people on investigating and digging up dirt on Trump, while putting exactly ZERO people on Hillary's trail?

elfie you should know that your purposeful misspelling of Republicans and other words just makes you look even more ignorant than your views on our society. You might get a little respect if you weren't so ******* annoying in the way you phrase your comments. Not much respect, but any would be more than what you currently garner.
well put, Mr. Kettle....the (R)'s here have been at least as guilty over the years.

He was referring to the re-election of the failed and utterly worthless Barry Hussein.

So what? You can't pick and choose when you support the electoral college system. That's called hypocrisy.

I favor the electoral college even if I don't always favor the result.

History is no longer properly taught. That is why whiny millennials don't understand the electoral college. They have been taught that a big daddy federal government is all that there is, but that is not how the country was founded.

Look no further than our country's name, United States of America. Or the fact that a war was fought over state's rights. Of course most people think the civil war was about slavery, but it was not. It was about state's rights.

The Constitution specifically spells out the powers of the federal government. Anything not mentioned reverts to the states. This is the brilliance of the founding. The notion that smaller government is more responsive and representative of it's people that one large federal government.

If there was no Electoral College, then no Presidential candidate would set foot in 80% of the country. The Dems would go to Cali, NY, Philly, and Chicago and that's it.

Look at how Philly usually dominates the political fate of PA even though most of the rest of the state is conservative. Sometimes, the rest of the state does have enough votes to overcome Philly as we saw this year. This can happen on the state level, but if it was a national level, there is no way that rural America would have any say at all.

People in Iowa would be governed by laws made based on what people in LA and NY think.

While I agree with everything else you say, I do not agree with this. Read Lincoln's 2nd Inaugural Address. He makes it pretty clear the war was fought over slavery. The biggest issue driving the state's rights was slavery.

As for History, I know a number of History teachers, and they are pretty conservative guys. I used to think some of the worry about what was being taught was a little over the top. However, one of the guys explained the AP curriculum that is being taught. And they have to follow it because they need enough kids to pass the AP test or it comes down on the teacher. The AP course is so much about what America may have done wrong, and very little about the great good America has done in the world.

They masterminds behind this know what they are doing. Influence the students who in the future will be influencing kids.

blah blah blah...media talking point, blah blah blah

those hoping for Impeachment, do you even understand the impeachment process? both Senate and House are firmly controlled by Republicans. soooo never gonna happen. also Impeachment doesn't mean he leaves office. Bill Clinton was Impeached and he stayed in office. many other examples.
take it a step further, say he does get impeached and steps down (LOL, Yeah Right). Next man up is Mike Pence. Still no chance for Hillary.

those hoping for Impeachment, do you even understand the impeachment process? both Senate and House are firmly controlled by Republicans. soooo never gonna happen. also Impeachment doesn't mean he leaves office. Bill Clinton was Impeached and he stayed in office. many other examples.
take it a step further, say he does get impeached and steps down (LOL, Yeah Right). Next man up is Mike Pence. Still no chance for Hillary.

Lock her up! Lock her up!

I'm off to football. Alot of the predictions have Steelers in an upset, hope they aren't getting their info from the political people!

I don't need two butt kickings in one week, especially residing in cowboys country...........yuck.

Go Steelers!

So what? You can't pick and choose when you support the electoral college system. That's called hypocrisy.

I favor the electoral college even if I don't always favor the result.

The system has been the same for over 200 years. Candidates know what they need to do to win. It's not like they just came up with a new system this year to keep Hildebeast out of the White House.

Not my president EVER!

So if Trump is president, helps inner cities like he said he would, makes us safer, brings jobs back for all Americans, and you would still say he is not your president? what is wrong with you?

Not my president EVER!

Nope.... No racism there....

I've been away awhile so excuse me if this has already been requested.... Can you provide me with an instance of this "racism"? The misogynistic Trump had a female run his campaign.

While I agree with everything else you say, I do not agree with this. Read Lincoln's 2nd Inaugural Address. He makes it pretty clear the war was fought over slavery. The biggest issue driving the state's rights was slavery.

Semantics perhaps but that would still make it states rights.... No matter the driver.

So if Trump is president, helps inner cities like he said he would, makes us safer, brings jobs back for all Americans, and you would still say he is not your president? what is wrong with you?

Temper tantrums are never calmed with rational thought or discourse. Have you raised any children ?

Welcome back Rod. Didn't think you could miss out on this SN political lovefest.