• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Elon Musk Hints at Launching New Platform to Take on Twitter

That was partly tongue-in-cheek. I don't doubt it runs smoothly, but the first thing (unfortunately) that should happen is that the branding (name) needs to sound catchy to the user. Just spitballing here, but something as simple & potentially intriguing as thinkit.com. Or something like reasontalk.com. I know it sounds ridiculous, and neither of those names really apply to the majority of this population, but a) they don't realize that and b) they still want to think they are that. And I looked at the layout of Gab and maybe do away with the light green highlights and make it look a little more appealing to the eye. Even give it a darker colored theme option or something that just catches the eye a little better.

I know things like that aren't important to you Ogre, and I understand 100%, but unfortunately you're a dying breed. You want substance and just the nuts & bolts while probably 90% of Americans want something completely different. And while exposing the truth of these elitist idiots is important, I don't think a platform should announce their political leanings or virtues right off the bat when you want to attract a good majority of Americans. I'm not sure if it was Ron or somebody else that said it, but the majority of Americans just want to think of themselves as critical-thinking, liberty-loving people and don't want to be labeled. Have a seemingly moderate and respected person like Elon Musk create the platform, then let the discussions begin. Everything will all bear itself out in time and we'll either continue to get the trash we get on Twitter, or we'll get a more reasonable and uncensored platform for people that actually want to look at real solutions to problems. Like I said, just spitballing here.
Lets call it MySpace

Lets call it MySpace

That's actually perfect cause then all the snowflakes can be like "this is MySpace! And that's YourSpace, and don't invade my space or I'll report you".

You are seeing the beginning of tge natural pushback to the liberal monopolized tech sector… basically not much different than when foxnews was birthed or when conservative newspaper like the trib went mainstream … eventually the oppressed group gets sick of it and rises up … its just funny how the libs cant see how blatently horrible the censorship really was there

I have a man crush on Musk
I like that the wealthiest person in the world is a Libertarian but I temper that with the fact that much of his money comes from government subsidies.
I like that he's a conundrum for the Left because he's not on board with others like Gates and Zuckerberg yet the government can't take him out because he makes their precious electric cars.
If you pay attention you will notice that Biden never ever mentions Tesla when talking about electric cars, only Ford and GM. That's because Tesla is not unionized so it's a word he dare not speak.

You are seeing the beginning of tge natural pushback to the liberal monopolized tech sector… basically not much different than when foxnews was birthed or when conservative newspaper like the trib went mainstream … eventually the oppressed group gets sick of it and rises up … its just funny how the libs cant see how blatently horrible the censorship really was there
Similar to Patriots fans...What cheating? I don't see any evidence of cheating? Get da fuq autta hea.

The Libs see it but it's censorship they like.

I like that the wealthiest person in the world is a Libertarian but I temper that with the fact that much of his money comes from government subsidies.
I like that he's a conundrum for the Left because he's not on board with others like Gates and Zuckerberg yet the government can't take him out because he makes their precious electric cars.
If you pay attention you will notice that Biden never ever mentions Tesla when talking about electric cars, only Ford and GM. That's because Tesla is not unionized so it's a word he dare not speak.
Now Musk will get insight to the decision making at Twitter, and its biz structure, which will only strengthen his ability to construct a competitor, if he decides it necessary.

Now Musk will get insight to the decision making at Twitter, and its biz structure, which will only strengthen his ability to construct a competitor, if he decides it necessary.
I think he'll turn Twitter into what he thinks it should be. Path of least resistance.

I have noticed. so has Musk.

Who was the previous majority stakeholder?

Don't hold me to this, but as for individual shareholders, I think it was Jack Dorsey and he only owns like 2.5%. Now corporate shareholders, you have BlackRock, Morgan Stanley & Vanguard who collectively own like 30% or something close I read. The more I hear and read about BlackRock especially, the more I think they all need taken out by firing squad.

Musk holds 9% of Twitter, but how much sway does that actually give him with the other combined 91% that may not be so opened minded?
His 9% is still a lot more than anyone else has.

Don't hold me to this, but as for individual shareholders, I think it was Jack Dorsey and he only owns like 2.5%. Now corporate shareholders, you have BlackRock, Morgan Stanley & Vanguard who collectively own like 30% or something close I read. The more I hear and read about BlackRock especially, the more I think they all need taken out by firing squad.
BlackRock,Vanguard and UBS manage something like 21 trillion dollars.

They pretty much have control of the globe.

His 9% is still a lot more than anyone else has.

Yeah it may not sound like much, but for one individual to own that much in a mega-corporation like that, that's effing huge.

It's about how how he chooses to line up with other large shareholders, and the voice they use.....if any

BlackRock, Vanguard and UBS manage something like 21 trillion dollars.

They pretty much have control of the globe.

Oh man, I knew it was a lot but that's huge.

iu

I wonder if he'd have the cojones to reinstate Trump? I mean after all, they've got terrorists/killers roaming the place still. That would asplode a lot of lib heads.*

*Which would be grab a big bucket of popcorn fantastic
I believe the twitter stock soared something like 23-25% the other day.

If Musk holds true to what he's been talking about with censorship, I believe they'll definitely be some positive changes. Trump should be one of them.

It should be interesting.

If he gets Twatter to let Trump back on then I'll go back. Until then they can continue to **** right off.