• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson named secretary of state?

Spike

Reaction score
Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson Expected to Be Named Secretary of State, John Bolton as Deputy

The sources cautioned that nothing is final until the president-elect officially announces it, which could happen as early as next week.

Tillerson, who was once dubbed "T.Rex" by Sarah Palin, met Saturday with Trump at Trump Tower in New York City, the president-elect's spokesperson confirmed.

In a pre-taped interview set to air Sunday on Fox News, Trump discussed why a businessman such as Tillerson would be a good fit as America's chief diplomat.

"Well, in his case, he's much more than a business executive, I mean he's a world-class player," Trump said, acknowledging Tillerson's relationship with Russia through his business dealings.

"To me, a great advantage is he knows many of the players, and he knows them well," Trump added. "He does massive deals in Russia. He does massive deals for the company — not for himself, for the company."

Tillerson, of Wichita Falls, Texas, has already notified his corporate board about taking on the new role, sources told NBC News.

He has never previously worked in government, but reportedly holds conservative political views

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...l-expected-be-named-trump-s-secretary-n694371

----------------------------------

uh Buh Bye Romney!

ha ha

Putin's buddy? Just ******* great.

Is this a bloodless coup?

Bureaucrats out, private sector in.

More squealing hippies just means he's picked another winner.

Bureaucrats out, private sector in.

More squealing hippies just means he's picked another winner.

Squealing hippies? Whatever, go suck Trump's tiny penis some more.

Awesome pick. Love it. Anti-capitalist libtards squirm even more.

Squealing hippies? Whatever, go suck Trump's tiny penis some more.

If you think Russia or Putin had anything to do with your **** Hillary losing the election, then you one of them

nintchdbpict000280981506-e1478667522778.jpg

You're just a demented fanboy cut and paster...your criticism means nil.

I've been using my stealth troll mode and going all over the lib boards, it's been fun as **** to **** with their minds - getting Bernie bots and Hillary twatwaffles to attack each other non-stop for weeks

They are so out of their ******* minds they believe anything now - this week it's "The Russians" - last week it was "Recount the stolen election"

hahahahahahahah

It would be a very interesting choice. Outside the box for sure.

As long as their billions are enough and he and Trump are looking out for the country, I'm all for it. If actions and evidence say otherwise.....

And you're just a bitter libtard loser with the taste of Obama's ball cheese on your tongue.

You, you ******* sheep, are just another *******. This is not about parties...this is about the undermining of our country you ******* redneck ****. Lick some more Trump ******* while Putin ***** you in the ***.

You, you ******* sheep, are just another *******. This is not about parties...this is about the undermining of our country you ******* redneck ****. Lick some more Trump ******* while Putin ***** you in the ***.

ROFL! Undermining of our country? Lol, far from it. It's about saving our country from the communists, giving it back to hard working Americans, protecting our borders and our citizens, lowering taxes to let our economy flourish and improve our quality of life and uphold our constitution with pro-American Supreme Court picks. You demented, racist, libtard pansy-*** crying snowflakes can't handle the fact that the good side won. It's awesome to watch the meltdowns. I love it. And **** off. Grab a cookie and milk. Try curling up on your left side. That helps with heartburn.

As long as their billions are enough and he and Trump are looking out for the country, I'm all for it. If actions and evidence say otherwise.....

Aren't you getting tired of sitting on that fence?

deljzc said:
It's getting harder and harder for me to pull the lever for Trump (TIBS would be proud of me!).

He's got her beat if he just stays on message and acts rationally but if he can't do it with 30 days left in the election he never will be able to do it and I am finding it harder and harder for my conscience to vote for him.

This isn't the year folks..... an independent came and went and we were SO CLOSE from getting out of the cycle of fat cat republican and democrat rule and possibly re-establishing the branches of power in our government but it's not going to happen.

Clinton is going to win.

For all we hear, the bottom line is Trump isn't going to close the deal. He's crumbling under the pressure.

http://www.steelernation.com/showthread.php?4236-Trump-Make-America-Great-Again!/page360

And you're just a bitter libtard loser with the taste of Obama's ball cheese on your tongue.

This is bringing back memories of last summer! Wow - those were the days, huh?

IndySteel said:
I don't think he should pick Pence. He's hardcore religious and that not what this election is about.

Coach said:
The VP Pick is partly about making the base more comfortable with the nominee for president.

Trump lost a lot of the vote religious to Cruz. The Religious right is actually a powerfull voting block that has been beaten down by the media and hasn't shown up in force on elections days.

Trump needs to win the religious vote vs. Clinton

I'd go with Gingrich. He's very astute and seasoned. An excellent debater type who won't let the media tilt things, and has experience as the speaker of the house

ThePoliticalGenius said:
no no AND no!

**** 'The Base' - people aren't voting for VP, they are voting for TRUMP!

You are fighting last decade's war...Newt is the worst choice possible, a relic from the past - Conservatism is dead!

Independent voters matter, swing voters in blue states matter....dump all the bible thumper baggage

http://www.steelernation.com/showthread.php?4236-Trump-Make-America-Great-Again!/page281

Yes, it ,must be the Russians. That's it.

Hillary_2.jpg

If you'd been paying attention to current events since the ridiculous Hillary/Obama Russia reset button, you'd know that Putin has been ******* us in the *** ever since. Speaking of licking ***, remember Obama whispering to Medvedev - "I'll have more flexibility after the election". What a joke.

You do realize that this election was a rejection of how Washington operates, right?
As soon as you get that, picks like this will make more sense.

Exxon does business in 80 nations and is the 2nd largest company in the world. This could be a powerful or dangerous mix of politics and business.

Exxon does business in 80 nations and is the 2nd largest company in the world. This could be a powerful or dangerous mix of politics and business.
If I'm BP or Chevron I am not liking this at all. As a shareholder, I am loving it.

in related news

Rick Perry Said to Be Trumps Top Candidate for Energy Secretary

Donald Trump has narrowed his search for energy secretary to four people, with former Texas Governor Rick Perry the leading candidate, said people familiar with the president-elect’s selection process.

Two Democratic senators from energy-producing states -- Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia -- are also in the mix, along with Ray Washburne, a Dallas investor and former chairman of the Republican National Committee.

Trump met with Perry and Washburne while attending the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore on Saturday. It was at least the second time he’d spoken to the two men for potential roles in the new administration.

Trump is scheduled to meet with Manchin in New York. Heitkamp met with Trump on Dec. 2.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...ium=social&cmpid==socialflow-twitter-politics

I'm all for good things that trump is doing.

In the army, in leadership, you are to avoid all APPEARANCE of impropriety. So though you may not be ******* that enlisted female, you don't hang out daily at the bar. Though you may not be pencil whipping your PT scores, you better have a good reason to show why everyones scores are superior. (you get the idea)

Anyway. This appears bad in many ways. Trump could probably use this guy in some way in the State Dept. But would probably be better served by appointing Kerry or Bolton.

Whelp, we've been going to war for oil for the past 25 years. Might as well stop hiding it.

Whelp, we've been going to war for oil for the past 25 years. Might as well stop hiding it.

OMG! we're all gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

I'd prefer John Bolton as Sec of State but at least he'll be the number two guy.