• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

F**K Primanti Bros.

I was in a business for over 40 years where I had direct contact with the public on a daily basis, never once did I bring up politics into the conversation.
There has to be a certain kind of insanity in play here, or at least a lack of common business sense.

The last primanti sammich I had was very salty. I haven't eaten there since. It was about 7 years ago.

They are fools to be used as political pawns by communists and then refuse the liberty loving group.

We replicated Primanti sandwiches last week for the game. My wife made Mancini’s Italian bread and slaw nailed the slaw. We ordered Five Guys fries which is the closest thing to theirs around here. She had pastrami and I had cappicola, with an egg. It was glorious.

imo you should not protest an entire company for 1 idiot managers choice. But that manager probably works off some type of bonus structure. I would boycott tht particular restaurant until there is a change in management

We replicated Primanti sandwiches last week for the game. My wife made Mancini’s Italian bread and slaw nailed the slaw. We ordered Five Guys fries which is the closest thing to theirs around here. She had pastrami and I had cappicola, with an egg. It was glorious.
download (14).png

I was in a business for over 40 years where I had direct contact with the public on a daily basis, never once did I bring up politics into the conversation.
There has to be a certain kind of insanity in play here, or at least a lack of common business sense.
My suspicion is that the manager of that particular location has TDS and/or the corporate office is staffed with a bunch of recent college graduates who've been taught that the purpose of a corporation is to engineer social change and they learned nothing from Bud Light.

imo you should not protest an entire company for 1 idiot managers choice. But that manager probably works off some type of bonus structure. I would boycott tht particular restaurant until there is a change in management

It's easy for me since I'm 1000 miles away..haha. I do think they have one in south Florida.

It's also very easy to spend your money at another restaurant. There's like a billion of them.

They're free to make any choices they want, it's their buisness.Just be prepared for the consequences.

It's damn hard to be successful in the restaurant buisness as it is, being a dick to half the population isn't a great idea.

Are you sure this is what happened? If they sack that idiot manager, it would be a legit statement. Maybe make donation to DJT's campaign too.

Other than that, they are choosing this idiot manager's choice.

You can tell what Primanti's ownership feels by their actions -- or lack thereof -- over the next few days.

They issued a boilerplate "oops" apology, standard first step in crisis management.

If this was about sexism, racism or gender stuff, they would clearly take remedial steps (remove manager, make clear outreach to affected group) very quickly. If they just do more of nothing Monday/Tuesday, then they are comfortable with this "oops" and that will tell you you all you need to know....and where they are comfortable with politics.

If I was her boss I’d say “Make me a sammich, you commie biitch!” And then fire her.

You can tell what Primanti's ownership feels by their actions -- or lack thereof -- over the next few days.

They issued a boilerplate "oops" apology, standard first step in crisis management.

If this was about sexism, racism or gender stuff, they would clearly take remedial steps (remove manager, make clear outreach to affected group) very quickly. If they just do more of nothing Monday/Tuesday, then they are comfortable with this "oops" and that will tell you you all you need to know....and where they are comfortable with politics.
Primanti's is saying the manager panicked because the Vance motorcade arrived unannounced, which was still an unprofessional response on her part, but the Vance campaign has said that the Primanti's corporate office was notified the day before.

Primanti's is saying the manager panicked because the Vance motorcade arrived unannounced, which was still an unprofessional response on her part, but the Vance campaign has said that the Primanti's corporate office was notified the day before.
yep, and the lawyer dude above says the manager had HO on the phone.
Regardless, corporate either figures that they have offended a class of citizens by providing unequal access, or they don't ..... implicitly rejecting the Reps shortly after welcoming the Dems.

yep, and the lawyer dude above says the manager had HO on the phone.
Regardless, corporate either figures that they have offended a class of citizens by providing unequal access, or they don't ..... implicitly rejecting the Reps shortly after welcoming the Dems.
It's so odd - one group, now offended, supports keeping more disposable income in the hands of the people. The other group, cuddled up to, supports taking that money. Yet, PB and all those other leftist loving places, want their customers to have leadership that takes money from their customers. Someone explain this.

This guy says the manager called her boss and that's who banned Vance. If that's true and they fire the manager, I hope she sues them.

This guy is the chairman of the Washington County Republican Party and was on Jim Quinn’s show this morning. He claims that the wife of Primanti’s CEO is a child psychology professor at Pitt and is big on BLM and child genital mutilation and in fact was one of the people greeting VP Harris when she stopped at the Moon Twp. Primanti’s. Full info on their FB page.

I'm not into this boycotting ****. If I owned a restaurant and some asshat politician that I didn't like wanted to use it as a shake n' bake for his/her/it campaign I'd tell them to bugger off. It was their right to wave him off. If I want a heart attack on stale bread, I'll still go there. That's just me.

I'm not into this boycotting ****. If I owned a restaurant and some asshat politician that I didn't like wanted to use it as a shake n' bake for his/her/it campaign I'd tell them to bugger off. It was their right to wave him off. If I want a heart attack on stale bread, I'll still go there. That's just me.
But if you made arrangements for it the day before, then your team blew him off, what would you do?

But if you made arrangements for it the day before, then your team blew him off, what would you do?
admonish myself for being a poor communicator, implement a better communications channel, apologize personally and take accountability publicly, and host another shake n' bake providing food and non-alcoholic drinks free of charge.

Primantis already did one of these with Kamala. They cleared their restaurant of paying customers and replaced them with bussed in actors for Kamala’s photo op. Does that change your opinion on refusing Vance? Here’s video of all the actors being brought in.

Primantis already did one of these with Kamala. They cleared their restaurant of paying customers and replaced them with bussed in actors for Kamala’s photo op. Does that change your opinion on refusing Vance? Here’s video of all the actors being brought in.

Doesn't change my opinion, not at all. But they shouldn't be surprised if people decide not to eat there after being forced out of the establishment. Buffalo wild wings doesn't allow guns in their establishments, so I leave my CC in the vehicle as I choke down that glorious brisket burger. It's their business, their rules, and I decide if I want to go there or not.

admonish myself for being a poor communicator, implement a better communications channel, apologize personally and take accountability publicly, and host another shake n' bake providing food and non-alcoholic drinks free of charge.
Legit. This is not happening now, IMO

Bud light felt the boycott in the purse. Primanti will too.

Bud light is a giant worldwide company. Primanti is a regional small chain restaurant/business. Bud Light could lose Primanti Bros total net worth in 1 day and they wouldn't even notice it. Primanti Bros would be well served to handle a situation like this differently next time around. I know it sucks having TDS but the higher ups have to take some meds and realize they are in a pretty heavily Trump supported area. Best served not to piss them off if they are buying your mediocre sandwiches and french fries.

And yes, I eat there one time and was not impressed.