• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Feds to Fine Schools for Not Following Michelle Obama’s Lunch Rules

I walked to school when I lived in Homestead. I walked when we moved to Whitehall/Baldwin. When we moved to GA, I took the bus- only because there wasn't a sidewalk along the road and it was a little too far to walk. But I remember playing outside for hours and hours as a kid.

Yep. I walked to grade school. No ride from parents, which was great because after school, we would start up a game of football, or basketball, or softball, and play until dark.

Yep. I walked to grade school. No ride from parents, which was great because after school, we would start up a game of football, or basketball, or softball, and play until dark.

So many of us are like that. I walked to and from school. It was by and large flat though. We played outside all the time. My parents were divorced. When I was at home, in the country, with Mom, they'd allow me to go off on my own fishing - around snakes like copperheads and water moccasins. Or go hunting by myself - with a loaded gun. Or play with the livestock on the farm - that had horns and weighed 4 times as much as I did.

I didn't get hurted.

Same, As a little kid, I would go home, change into playclothes, and then play outside until my dad called for me. When I got older, (GA), homework came first (I was a latchkey kid) then I could go outside when my mom got home.

When I bought my house in the late 80's there was a street hockey game going around the corner seemingly 24/7. Now I never see any kids outside doing anything.

Man we played a lot of street hockey too. The kid down the street had two goals made out of PVC pipe and also had some goalie equipment. Those were good times.

P.S. I wasn't about to ******* walk to school. We lived in the sticks outside of town and it would have taken me about an hour.

Last edited:
Man...memories. We walked to grade school, no bus offered. By roads it was about a mile, but we'd cut through (gasp,shriek) the woods cutting it to about 3/8 or so with plenty of time for chicanery along the way. We could leave school for lunch if we chose....kids that lived nearby could go home. Those that didn't did whatever or stayed at school.
Those woods.....we played there all the time too. There was one tree we called Old Faithful 'cause it was so easy to climb. Surprisingly easy to fall out of too it turned out. there were "Tarzan vines", grape vines that hung out over gullies to swing from....some held up for a long time, others only one or two swings...only one way to know which was which. We dug "fat girl" traps....just pretty poorly camouflaged holes in the middle of the paths, covered with sticks and leaves hoping the bitchy fat neighbor girl would fall in them.
There was a plan of new homes being built and there was a 4' deep erosion ditch with very slick, clay sides we called the piss ditch because...well you know. One kid would be the piss monster and chase everyone else through, over, up and around it and trust me it was waaayyyy more fun than it sounds....like falling down gasping for breath laughing fun. Rules were sort of made up as we went.....
So much more, too.
Water weed battles.....water weeds are jewel weed and have a stringy, fibrous stem and when you yanked them up the came out with a clod of dirt attached. A natural bolo.....******* hurt.
We built skateboards from a piece of 2x4 with the separated halves of a metal roller skate one half nailed to each end of the board. Lotsa road rash from them.

Last edited:
No one with an *** as wide as Mooseshell's has any business telling anyone what to eat.

9chBl2f.png