• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Fifty Shades of Bible Belt

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
The big surprise of the Fifty Shades of Grey movie opening is that pre-sales on Fandango
were strongest in the bible belt, with Mississippi leading the way. While popular overall
actual attendance is also stronger overall in the Bible Belt as well.

Seems kind of puzzling. Do you think this has something to do with religious women being more
submissive than the feminist types?

The big surprise of the Fifty Shades of Grey movie opening is that pre-sales on Fandango
were strongest in the bible belt, with Mississippi leading the way. While popular overall
actual attendance is also stronger overall in the Bible Belt as well.

Seems kind of puzzling. Do you think this has something to do with religious women being more
submissive than the feminist types?

I'm not sure if this is even a story when you say pre-sales (which is but one type of a sale) on Fandango (which is but one outlet through which to procure movie tickets).

So we are evaluating one set of sales figures (out of many) from one franchise only (out of many) to establish some kind of conclusion?

If that ain't selective, I don't know what is.

Lady friend of mine saw it and posted on FB that it really wasn't very good and the book was much better.

Lady friend of mine saw it and posted on FB that it really wasn't very good and the book was much better.

Of course. With the book she was able to masturbate in the privacy of her home. Tougher to do in a crowded theater.

I heard the books were just terribly written, so that ain't sayin' much.

Maybe 21 meant to title this thread: "Fifty Shades of Context"?

Guess that wouldn't be too likely with his libtard hornrimmed viewing goggles.

Perhaps it is a more forbidden topic in certain areas such as the Bible Belt which would naturally make people want to see it all that much more. I think you are trying to hard to work something into an agenda on this one, which isn't surprising.

Perhaps it is a more forbidden topic in certain areas such as the Bible Belt which would naturally make people want to see it all that much more. I think you are trying to hard to work something into an agenda on this one, which isn't surprising.

Fifty Shades of Agendas
Fifty Shades of Posturing
FS of Social Policy Manipulation
FS of I'm Snowed in Again
FS of Libtard Emails
FS of Employment Data
FS of Saved or Created
FS of What Foreign Policy
FS of They're Not Terrorists
FS of Hope and Change

Of course. With the book she was able to masturbate in the privacy of her home. Tougher to do in a crowded theater.

"Showgirls" was one of the worst and most boring flicks I've ever seen, which is surprising given the amount of **** onscreen. I actually fell asleep before it was over.

when is your book debuting on the NY Times Bestseller list?

when is your book debuting on the NY Times Bestseller list?

After he sells the Sebring so he can afford the paper to print it on.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Bible+Belt+trot+Fifty+Shades/10794236/story.html

The pre-opening stats are available now. I'm sure they will tabulate the post opening stats down the road. I'll
update you when available. Its really not a big deal, its just a curiosity.

No curiosity at all. It makes total sense in the real world. The only place it is curious is the liberal stereotype world where they think religious women do not have sex.

What is truly curious is why do feminists not have a problem with this movie. It flies in the face of everything feminists allegedly represent.

I guess if Ray Rice had just told people that his girl simply forgot to use the safe word in the elevator, then he would have been lauded for empowering his woman by letting her explore her sexuality.

1. Mississippi

2. Arkansas

3. West Virginia

4. Kentucky

5. Alabama

6. Louisiana

7. North Dakota

8. South Carolina

9. Iowa

10. Tennessee.

This list lines up nicely with least levels of educational attainment. No offense to anyone who is a fan of these books, but from what I understand they aren't exactly literature.

"Showgirls" was one of the worst and most boring flicks I've ever seen, which is surprising given the amount of **** onscreen. I actually fell asleep before it was over.

Soo bad lol. It was awesome the first time I was like, "Hey that's Jesse Spano naked! Wow!" Then I sat through the rest of the movie. They could have cut it down to a 5 minute movie and it would have made just as much sense.

No desire to see the movie. Never read the book. I think it's absolutely disgusting.

And no, I am not a prude. I just think that an S&M movie that degrades women is something I want to avoid.

No desire to see the movie. Never read the book. I think it's absolutely disgusting.

And no, I am not a prude. I just think that an S&M movie that degrades women is something I want to avoid.

I feel the same way.

Plus, I just had to laugh at the description of these two characters...a virginal innocent college student named Anastasia Steele....a fabulously rich (self made yet only in his 20s) and fabulously good looking man named Christian Grey (Steele, Grey...I see what you did there). Honestly, it sounds like a dime store romance novel that should have Fabio on the cover or something.

This list lines up nicely with least levels of educational attainment. No offense to anyone who is a fan of these books, but from what I understand they aren't exactly literature.

It also lines up with high black populations...

It also lines up with high black populations...
seeing as how whites normally outnumber blacks about 4 to 1, and I personally know a buncha white women that have read these books...

what's your point?

seeing as how whites normally outnumber blacks about 4 to 1, and I personally know a buncha white women that have read these books...

what's your point?

She was talking about the uneducated. Blacks make up almost 40% in MS. So discussing education in the south without understand the demographics makes no sense. In almost every situation the places in the country that are high minority are usually less educated.

I feel the same way.

Plus, I just had to laugh at the description of these two characters...a virginal innocent college student named Anastasia Steele....a fabulously rich (self made yet only in his 20s) and fabulously good looking man named Christian Grey (Steele, Grey...I see what you did there). Honestly, it sounds like a dime store romance novel that should have Fabio on the cover or something.

I have friends that read it and thought it was the best book they ever read. REALLY?? One friend told me that it wasn't about sex- that there really was a story....Um...OK. Right.

Yes, I know I am on record for reading the "Twilight" series. It was a guilty pleasure, but nowhere near the best books ever.

Last edited:
I have friends that read it and thought it was the best book they ever read. REALLY?? One friend told me that it wasn't about sex- that there really was a story....Um...OK. Right.

Yes, I know I am on record for reading the "Twilight" series. It was a guilty pleasure, but nowhere near the best books ever.

I enjoyed the first couple of Twilight books too. I don't care if something isn't literary, I'm up for a quick beach read type of book, as long as it's not cringe-inducingly stupid.

WV and N Dakota are not what one would call racially diverse.

True. However her list wasn't completely accurate. N. Dakota doesn't rank in the bottom of educated states and why I also said "In ALMOST every situation". When you look a demographics and education you'll find low education rates among black populations.