• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Finally, progress over saving face.

I'm with you: I don't expect everyone to agree with the truths Madden exposes. I'm fine with it. He isn't a "warm and fuzzy" type. But that doesn't bother me, but it rubs some the wrong way. So be it. His approach is brazen but it humors me, while at the same time exposing certain truths; the only reporter who will be open to exploring them. I find it refreshing.
How do we know he exposes truth versus speculation. Is he the guy that went off on Troys head size? I cant remember who that was after all these years.

I'm with you: I don't expect everyone to agree with the truths Madden exposes. I'm fine with it. He isn't a "warm and fuzzy" type. But that doesn't bother me, but it rubs some the wrong way. So be it. His approach is brazen but it humors me, while at the same time exposing certain truths; the only reporter who will be open to exploring them. I find it refreshing.
You find him refreshing because you agree with him. It has nothing to do with "facts."

I had to laugh at Madden because all during the season he is spouting off on how the Steelers can't win as a running team anymore, the NFL has changed, you need to be able to score in bunches and blah, blah. All the while he is spouting off, if you watched, the Chiefs were becoming less of that wide open stuff, the Bills got to running the ball more and went on their winning streak, the Niners have always had a good running game, etc.

He's like a petulant teenager. Whatever is the opposite he'll say, just because.

I got you? I don't know what that means. I'm not trying to get anybody. I just don't agree with your conclusions in this particular case.
LOL... for me to say "you got me" means "I have no idea."

I know it looks odd when written rather than spoken.

Will the Steelers finally win a playoff game?
You got me.

LOL... for me to say "you got me" means "I have no idea."

I know it looks odd when written rather than spoken.

Will the Steelers finally win a playoff game?
You got me.
Heh...I see it now. What a dope I am.

Heh...I see it now. What a dope I am.
lol .You're no dope. It threw me off too.
Looking at it again it's probably because Stillwright put a question mark after it, which is not needed.

You got me?
You got me.

You can see how the bottom one is a little clearer.

Well, there's our grammar lesson for the day. lol

You find him refreshing because you agree with him. It has nothing to do with "facts."

I had to laugh at Madden because all during the season he is spouting off on how the Steelers can't win as a running team anymore, the NFL has changed, you need to be able to score in bunches and blah, blah. All the while he is spouting off, if you watched, the Chiefs were becoming less of that wide open stuff, the Bills got to running the ball more and went on their winning streak, the Niners have always had a good running game, etc.

He's like a petulant teenager. Whatever is the opposite he'll say, just because.
When it comes to football, Madden knows a lot about hockey.

Haters gonna hate, all there is to it.

How do we know he exposes truth versus speculation. Is he the guy that went off on Troys head size? I cant remember who that was after all these years.
He was dead on the $ on this one.

It is not rationalization, it's reality. You seem at times to have a very sophomoric view of things. I would like to know what team, across any sports league, is honest and open with the media?
Could the media ask tougher questions? I guess, but to what end? I don't see that it would change much. Maybe it would make you feel better, but that's about it. Madden has an axe to grind for some reason or another. That should be taken into account whenever his ramblings are read. He is not objective, which should be the role of any reporter. A Steelers reporter has a job to do...report on the Steelers. If he or she is acting the asss all the time, they won't get much of anything, then you are left with what Madden does, write very speculative nonsense in a lot of cases.
March in lock step then, suit yourself.

No, they aren't. Once your little snowflake turns into a man, he needs to take accountability for his actions and fight his fights. Your job as a parent is to support him and guide him through his mistakes. In this scenario, he ****** up and the arrest blemished his advancement in the Corps. This young man needs to take it on the chin and do better to be a better man and a better Marine. I would be embarrassed and humiliated to hear that Mommy and Daddy called my first shirt to complain about my lack of promotion.
So parents aren't supposed to have the roles where they teach kids not to be a baby their whole life? Oh, OK, there, I missed that.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-ma...offseason-choosing-progress-over-saving-face/

I've been griping over this for years: making decisions based on saving face/protecting ego vs. doing the right thing. Bouncing Kenny is finally a sign of the latter. Madden may annoy some of you but when he's right he's right and he is here.

As usual at Steeler Nation, this has taken way too long, but at least it finally has happened.
Q. Has Madden considered that Russ tried to get his HC and GM fired and typically doesn't have relationships with teamates.

Madden kept writing that Pickett refused to dress for the Seattle game. Another source (DK) say that is not true. Idk who is right. Therefore, I don't take a position on it, because I have no damn idea, and it doesn't matter that much now anyway.

This is the problem when people WANT the story to agree with their line of thinking...speculation is taken as fact.