• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

For better or (my opinion) worse we are stuck with it.

Why do people listen to what Tomlin, or any coach for that matter, says? Every coach says exactly what they want to say, how they want to say it. Realize it is hot air and ignore it. I haven't listened to a coaches press conference, outside of injury updates, since Cowher in the 90s. I loved Cowher, but I finally realized how FOS he was in press conferences, not saying anywhere else, when if they had home field for the playoffs he'd sit guys, but those years from '98-'00 when they were struggling and there was a call to play younger guys he'd talk about the integrity of the game when not playing the young guys.

As I've gotten older though I appreciate coach speak. If it was me, I'd go to the Crash Davis school of cliches. I give 'em nothing. I love it!

Or answering a reporter’s question about why KP is still listed as #1 on the depth chart.
That kind of nonsense just perturbs me. And then he gets all defensive on it. Why not just run out of the room and scream "I'm f----g working here" like you did to the fan when he was just saying hello at the game? King Shades is so critically important, don't you know? Or berate the reporter for asking a legit question?

Last edited:
That kind of nonsense just perturbs me. And then he gets all defensive on it. Why not just run out of the room and scream "I'm f----g working here" like you did to the fan when he was just saying hello at the game? King Shades is so critically important, don't you now? Or berate the reporter for asking a legit question?

He doesn’t want to hurt Kenny’s mangina, obviously.

Lol.....are there NFL rules on depth charts like they have for injuries?

Many issues, including listing PatPete as CB1 while he has been starting safety; where is Kazee's name, or Rowe?

This really shouldn't be an issue because Rudy is starting QB Sunday, regardless of website depth chart.

And who cares if Tomlin is a bit less than nice with a reporter? Maybe, the reporters will give what they get?

I care far more that Tomlin fields a team capable of winning the SB than about how nice/not he is with any reporter.

What if Rudy takes the first snap Sunday, then KFP trots out and plays the rest of the game? Bills will not expect that maneuver from big brain Tomlin!

And the Tomlin apologist say the same thing, credit him for the finish, but never blame him for the poor play in the middle of the season. He didn't fire anyone, that was Rooney who fired Canada, who Tomlin hired in the first place. Tomlin hasn't won anything without Ben either, so...... It's the same thing almost every year, we get to end of the season and we're needing help to get in. Same as last year, we played crap teams/QB's down the stretch so everybody goes on about how great Tomlin is Crow to eat? We haven't won a playoff game in 6 years.
Did we recover? Yes we did.

Do other teams like the Dolphins and Eagles nosedive and never pull up? Yes they did

The difference? The established head coach over flavor of the month head coaches.

Look at Tomlin's record post ben vs Bellicheck post Brady. It may sink in one day for ya...

Did you think that the Steelers "had a chance" when they were sitting at 7-4 just prior to playing those 2-10 teams?

Now we're supposed to kiss Tomlin's *** because they snuck into the playoffs, only after Jacksonville collapsed and won just one of their last six games? And they have to play Buffalo on the road as the biggest underdog in the playoffs? Wouldn't it have been better to play Houston?

I'm more of a Tomlin "disliker" than a "hater," but I'm a Steelers fan first. I was rooting for the Steelers to win last week, like I always do. And I'll be rooting for them to beat the Bills on Sunday. But when they inevitably lose, and probably get embarrassed, it won't change the mediocre outlook which this team has become shrouded in for over a decade now. Unless your hero somehow proves me wrong; then I'll be happy to eat that helping of crow you're serving.
No, you're sopposed to kiss Tomlin's *** because he has this team playing its best ball at the end of the season with 3 straight 100yd games and an O that is now scoring in the 30s.

It's fine to dislike him or hate him. I just don't. I am also expecting a much closer game with this new, young core that Tomlin helped to rebuild.

Only Starters left from 3 years ago still starting? DJ, Watt, Heyward, Fitz (Naj and Highsmith were cusp starters). End of list. Pretty damn good job of winning through a rebuild.

No, you're sopposed to kiss Tomlin's *** because he has this team playing its best ball at the end of the season with 3 straight 100yd games and an O that is now scoring in the 30s.

It's fine to dislike him or hate him. I just don't. I am also expecting a much closer game with this new, young core that Tomlin helped to rebuild.

Only Starters left from 3 years ago still starting? DJ, Watt, Heyward, Fitz (Naj and Highsmith were cusp starters). End of list. Pretty damn good job of winning through a rebuild.
I'm not kissing anything. Knock yourself out. I'd rather he'd have beaten those 2-win teams and be sitting with the 5-seed right now, myself. Too much to ask from your idol, I guess. 3 straight 100 yard games? What are you talking about?

Yeah, pretty damn good job of hovering just above .500. In my best Kyle Reese voice: That's what he does! That's ALL he does!

Looks as if conditions will be so sloppy in Buffalo that a Ravens game-like win could very easily repeat for the Steelers.

Here is to hoping that Sullivan understand the O lives and dies with the running game this week. #PleaseDontPassTheBallinABlizzard

Did not want to start another thread for a question. Is this the last year DC Austin is under contract?

Did not want to start another thread for a question. Is this the last year DC Austin is under contract?
I read an article where Dulac believes it ends after the season.

I'm not kissing anything. Knock yourself out. I'd rather he'd have beaten those 2-win teams and be sitting with the 5-seed right now, myself. Too much to ask from your idol, I guess. 3 straight 100 yard games? What are you talking about?

Yeah, pretty damn good job of hovering just above .500. In my best Kyle Reese voice: That's what he does! That's ALL he does!
Lol. Kiss Tomlin’s ***. Like naw.

Do other teams like the Dolphins and Eagles nosedive and never pull up? Yes they did

The difference? The established head coach over flavor of the month head coaches.

Look at Tomlin's record post ben vs Bellicheck post Brady. It may sink in one day for ya...
Recover? From what? Finishing below .500 vs finishing over .500? 10-point dogs going in now. I hope we make a game of it. Maybe Allen has a turnover-happy game. I see us losing like we have in the last few playoff games we have been in. Tomlin's message has grown old and stale. I am willing to try a new flavor. No?

Reactions: MTC
Tomlin needs to win multiple playoff games like now. It’s obvious(no Tomlin pun intended) that the Steeler fan base is split on Tomlin. I personally think 17 years of this guy and under achieved with a franchise QB is enough to be shown the door.

Why the other half of the fan base loves this guy is beyond me. He’s not a bad coach but he’s not this all around elite coach as advertised by the media.

You know what else is tired and boring? Not winning playoff games.
One of the truest statements I’ve ever read on this site

Time to wake up and bring some actual winning back to an organization slipping into irrelevance

i'd bet anything that Kenny would've looked the same as Mason against those **** defenses. i'd bet anything the wide receivers were unlocked by very ****** safety play.

Playoffs will be the real deal.

Of course if Mason is not the second coming of Jesus - then you just f*cked a potential superstar QB over for who?: a journeyman QB and a couple of slow but bitchy wide receivers who have a tendency to under-deliver on their athletic potential.
lmao I’d take that bet AND your money

Wth has KP8 ever done to suggest he could do that? Good lawd, potential superstar?!?!?

Pass that smoke bro that’s some powerful stuff u workin with

Looks as if conditions will be so sloppy in Buffalo that a Ravens game-like win could very easily repeat for the Steelers.

Here is to hoping that Sullivan understand the O lives and dies with the running game this week. #PleaseDontPassTheBallinABlizzard

So now i think conditions are definitely more favorable to Buffalo. Good job, Goodell. always tipping the table in the NFL toward the darling teams of the moment.

GD6GP0qW8AAi7IX

Personally I am still in his corner. I will say I am not so sure they are. You don't sit a guy you have confidence in or a lot of confidence in. Now they say he will have competition. I don't think you say that if you have a lot of confidence in him.

I think they still need to build the room regardless. You can upgrade in free agency and still look to see if a BPA is at QB in the draft.

If Kenny wins against that then great, if he doesn't then that is great for the team. When I initially studied the QBs I thought he could take more time to develop than some desired. That hasn't changed. I think this upcoming season paints a clearer picture. But however it unfolds I think you have to have new options in addition to him. I would prefer a vet upgrade to Rudolph and Mitch and a drafted QB again if he is clearly BPA.

Personally I am still in his corner. I will say I am not so sure they are. You don't sit a guy you have confidence in or a lot of confidence in. Now they say he will have competition. I don't think you say that if you have a lot of confidence in him.

I think they still need to build the room regardless. You can upgrade in free agency and still look to see if a BPA is at QB in the draft.

If Kenny wins against that then great, if he doesn't then that is great for the team. When I initially studied the QBs I thought he could take more time to develop than some desired. That hasn't changed. I think this upcoming season paints a clearer picture. But however it unfolds I think you have to have new options in addition to him. I would prefer a vet upgrade to Rudolph and Mitch and a drafted QB again if he is clearly BPA.
I want him to succeed and am rooting for him, but have yet to watch him just go out and beat a team from start to finish. There have been very few "wow" throws or moments where I've thought Kenny could lead this team to a Super Bowl. At some point, a franchise QB has to show he can elevate the roster around him and Pickett hasn't shown that at all. Instead, it's get him a better OC, a better OL, better WRs, a strong running game. If you need literally every other piece of the offense to be better, he's not a long-term answer. I've seen every single one of these as an excuse for his play.

I want him to succeed and am rooting for him, but have yet to watch him just go out and beat a team from start to finish. There have been very few "wow" throws or moments where I've thought Kenny could lead this team to a Super Bowl. At some point, a franchise QB has to show he can elevate the roster around him and Pickett hasn't shown that at all. Instead, it's get him a better OC, a better OL, better WRs, a strong running game. If you need literally every other piece of the offense to be better, he's not a long-term answer. I've seen every single one of these as an excuse for his play.
Yep all is in the rear view mirror now he has to earn it with whomever they bring in competing with him. If he improves he plays if he doesn't someone else plays.

He is at a crossroads and knows it.

For me it is sit back and see what happens. I will root for the QB that wins the job.

Tomlin needs to win multiple playoff games like now. It’s obvious(no Tomlin pun intended) that the Steeler fan base is split on Tomlin. I personally think 17 years of this guy and under achieved with a franchise QB is enough to be shown the door.

Why the other half of the fan base loves this guy is beyond me. He’s not a bad coach but he’s not this all around elite coach as advertised by the media.
Mike Tomlin = Mark Richt

Let’s get whoever = Kirby in here

LOL, The Eagles were just in the Super Bowl last year, and in the playoffs 3 straight years, they have more playoff wins in 2022 than we have in the last 7 years. Bad example. Miami has 4 straight winning seasons just like we do, not sure how you can say they nose dive but what Tomlin did was great??? Miami went into Buffalo last year in the playoffs and lost by 3 points with Skyler Thompson at QB.
Belicheck without Brady and Tomlin with Ben, who cares neither have won a damn thing.

Oh yeah, when they played the 30th ranked defense, the 31st ranked defense and then Baltimore's JV team, hey if we can play those teams all season we'll have a legit chance, oh wait never mind, we lost to two 2 win teams back to back, first time in NFL history.