• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

FordFairLane 2024 Prospect watchlist

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Going to breakdown a few players I have watched so far this year that I would be interested in. I will use their drafttek prospect rankings as I am not ever close to a big board. And I am going to try to fit guys into a draft slot I feel we would be interested in taking one. Like I don't think we go QB early as the team I feel gives Kenny Pickett at least all of next year. But we imo would be interested in a guy perhaps on day three. So those are the type of QBs I will list.

QB-
Michael Pratt DT rank 187 (6th rd)
Pratt is sneaking athletic and a four year starter and has improved every year with his senior season looking to end up being his best so far. My concerns are the RPO system he runs in college and the level of competition vs what he will face in the NFL. But if you can sit him as your #3 or stash him on the PS and let him develop a little you might have something. He has an NFL arm and is athletic enough to escape pressure or scramble for a nice gain.

DJ Uiagalelei DT rank 234 (7th rd)
The former 5 star recruit didn't work out at Clemson but he has shown why he was so highly touted as of late. He had a 5 TD game vs Cal and a very efficient game against UCLA throwing another 2 in a Beaver victory. The 6-5 250lb QB has an NFL arm and accuracy to fit the ball into tight windows. Again, a guy who you could sit for a season or two before expecting anything but the upside is definitely there.

RB-
Blake Corum DT rank 43 (2nd rd)
Corum would be a day two pick but imo we do not 5th year option Najee and we need an upgrade. I feel Warren deserves a contract but we need more of a RB by committee situation. Corum is a little bowling ball like Warren but probably a better runner while Warren is the better receiver. Guys like this can turn a little crack into a nice gain and with our line that is what we need. A crease to turn into a 10 yard gain.

MarShawn Lloyd DT rank 207 (6th rd)
This would be my Harris replacement. Not as big but is a power back. He is a one cut and up back and powerful at 5-9 215lbs but not too bulky as he can take a crease and pound out a nice little gain. More quick than fast and not much of a threat to catch.

WR-
Jermaine Burton DT rank 142 (5th rd)
Burton has world class speed but from what I have seen this year is him running solid routes and combined with his speed creating plenty of separation. I feel if Alabama could figure out their QB situation he would be having a monster year.

Sam Pinckney DT rank 358 (UDFA)
Not sure how this guy goes undrafted but according to drafttek he will. Not a burner but great size, phenomenal hands and natural hands catcher, high points the ball, tracks the ball in the air, willing to go over the middle and take a big shot and hangs on to the ball. Might only be a possession receiver in the NFL but high floor guy imo.

TE-
Erick All DT rank 201 (6th rd)
All imo is having a good year as a pass catcher and is an asset when blocking. Can't see how this guy lasts this long into day 3. We don't really need a TE but taking a guy like this in the 6th I would be fine with.

OT-
Kingsley Suamataia DT rank 44(2nd rd)
I really like Mims but he would have to be a first round pick imo if we have a shot at him. Suamataia is a 2nd round RT only prospect which can drop them down a little further. He is a big road grader RT who regularly gets to the second level to block. Needs to bend his knees better in pass protection but I feel if we cut Chuks to save money we could move Moore to RT and a guy like this can provide depth and insurance if Moore can't handle the run blocking aspect of the RT position. I personally always thought Moore would be a great guard but we are pretty deep at guard.

Kiran Amegajie DT rank ?(UDFA)
Saw a snippet about him on a draft article. So with the help of youtube watched some Ivy league football. Long arms, strong hands, NFL size, and a phenomenal technician. Advanced understanding of blocking techniques and assignments. Plays with a nasty streak and until the whistle. I feel at worst he is an NFL guard. His feet are a little heavy and that might end up kicking him inside but he can make up for a lot of that with his technique and perhaps an NFL trainer might speed his feet up a little.

OC-
Sedrick Van Pran DT rank 48 (2nd rd)
He is the best center in the draft but isn't the classic Steelers center. He can pull but it isn't a big strength. He is best moving forward in the running game or sitting back and anchoring in the passing game. But we need an improvement and if we want an upgrade he is probably the only one who starts over Mason Cole year one.

Zach Frazier DT rank 145 (5th rd)
Undersized, quick, agile and an exceptional pulling center. If we go back to the norm this would likely be the target.

Christian Haynes DT rank 199 (6th rd)
If we were going to convert a guard to a center this would be my choice. Undersized guard at 6-2/3 and 300lbs but natural knee bender with quick feet and is dominate in the run game. He lacks a little to be desired in pass protection but I feel if he was moved to center that might not be as big of an issue. He definitely would be a good pulling center if he could learn to snap as I don't believe he has ever played that position in college.

Last edited:
Thanks for the writeup! It is good to know some names to watch as the college football season heats up this time of year.