• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

FordFairLane's Steelers Draft Grade

So, I asked you to explain why you think Johnson worked out nearly as well as Richardson, yes? You don't bother to respond, then come back with this drivel?

I thought you were here to talk football. I know that some guys give you a hard time (sometimes to excess), and I don't mind giving you the benefit of the doubt, but running away from a direct question doesn't help your reputation.
Top he won’t reply, because he knows he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He doesn’t talk football, only his opinion regarding anything other than football, from toenail clipping to the best way to drink from a bidet. There is no QB named Johnson that was picked up. If he’s referring to Cephus Johnson from SE Louisiana, they guy wasn’t even signed as a QB. He was signed by the Vikings as a UDFA WR.

If he’s talking about Tanner Morgan (Univ of Minnesota), who we signed after the draft, he’s at best a practice squad player if he even makes the team. Currently he is a camp arm. He had an illustrious 6 year run in college with ok production and, by no means, I guarantee Coach did not watch one game on him much less a workout.

Top he won’t reply, because he knows he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He doesn’t talk football, only his opinion regarding anything other than football, from toenail clipping to the best way to drink from a bidet. There is no QB named Johnson that was picked up. If he’s referring to Cephus Johnson from SE Louisiana, they guy wasn’t even signed as a QB. He was signed by the Vikings as a UDFA WR.

If he’s talking about Tanner Morgan (Univ of Minnesota), who we signed after the draft, he’s at best a practice squad player if he even makes the team. Currently he is a camp arm. He had an illustrious 6 year run in college with ok production and, by no means, I guarantee Coach did not watch one game on him much less a workout.
Coach is talking about Hunter Johnson. The Steelers gave him an invite to their rookie minicamp. Theoretically, Johnson would have a chance to be added to the 90-man roster if they like what they see. They invited him for a reason...so I'm not completely dismissing the guy -- I just don't think there is any worthwhile comparison to Anthony Richardson as far as his workout numbers and measurables.

Coach is talking about Hunter Johnson. The Steelers gave him an invite to their rookie minicamp. Theoretically, Johnson would have a chance to be added to the 90-man roster if they like what they see. They invited him for a reason...so I'm not completely dismissing the guy -- I just don't think there is any worthwhile comparison to Anthony Richardson as far as his workout numbers and measurables.
Yeah I figured that was the guy he was talking about… hey he is worth a try, but a minicamp tryout offer isn’t any guarantee…. He could decide to go to another camp or even if he came here and was actually worth a damn, he could decide to sign somewhere else…

You‘ve got to be kidding me…..no wait, coming from Mr. DumbAss I’m not surprised. That kid started his college career in 2017 at Clemson, transferred as a Soph to Northwestern after Lawrence was the obvious 2018 starter. Then after three years transferred back to Clemson as a 5th year Red Shirt Sr. where he completed 6 passes for a total of 10 yards. TEN!

The kid has been through a lot and I think he was the QB who had a LOA in 2018 or 2019 due to his Mom‘s cancer tx. It obviously impacted his performance. Fact is though he has only thrown barely over 200 passes in his entire college career, with more INTs (9) than TDs (7). He would be another Camp arm with a slight (Maddox/Duck) chance of being on the roster.

But the Genius pounding sand in regards to the Richardson comparisons and then being MIA when confronted with an actual “football question” to rationalize his position is standard DumbAss Modus Operandi.

You‘ve got to be kidding me…..no wait, coming from Mr. DumbAss I’m not surprised. That kid started his college career in 2017 at Clemson, transferred as a Soph to Northwestern after Lawrence was the obvious 2018 starter. Then after three years transferred back to Clemson as a 5th year Red Shirt Sr. where he completed 6 passes for a total of 10 yards. TEN!

The kid has been through a lot and I think he was the QB who had a LOA in 2018 or 2019 due to his Mom‘s cancer tx. It obviously impacted his performance. Fact is though he has only thrown barely over 200 passes in his entire college career, with more INTs (9) than TDs (7). He would be another Camp arm with a slight (Maddox/Duck) chance of being on the roster.

But the Genius pounding sand in regards to the Richardson comparisons and then being MIA when confronted with an actual “football question” to rationalize his position is standard DumbAss Modus Operandi.
He probably read his ranking entering college and got all googly eyed. I think Tanner has better odds of being the third stringer if we had to go with an undrafted option...

Yeah, I don't know where anyone would get Hunter Johnson and Anthony Richardson comparison from.

Johnson
6-2 1/2 199lbs 1.65 10-yard 4.67 40-yard 35 1/2 vertical 10' 3" broad jump
Richardson
6-3 3/4 244lb 1.53 10-yard 4.43 40-yard 40 1/2 vertical 10' 9" broad jump

Johnson couldn't make it at Clemson and having Lawrence in front of you I can definitely understand. But when you can't beat out the likes of Ryan Hilinski, Andrew Marty, Peyton Riley and Aiden Smith at Northwestern I wouldn't put much stock in him making the team. I honestly think we only go into the season with two on the 53 man and maybe we carry two on the practice squad for our depth. That is his best shot of making the team. But even in that case I would say Tanner Morgan should make the PS and Khan probably finds a better player cut on another team to sign to our practice squad over Hunter.

Heck, Johnson, if signed, and/or Morgan, should look forward to the same treatment the 7th rounder we took last year got. And, I'm OK with that.
Realistically, Kenny should get the majority, if not all, of 1st team snaps during camp. He's young and could still benefit from the work. Mitch should eat up the 2nd team snaps. Morgan and Johnson will probably duke it out for the pittance of snaps left over. With the winner getting the chance to actually play in mop up time during the preseason games.
That's if Johnson shows enough to earn a contract; and if they don't sign someone else from the trash heap of experienced QBs that's left over.

Ford pretty much nailed it. Omar will probably get an experienced player cut from a current roster. Maybe one of the 49ers half dozen QBs currently on theirs.

So, I asked you to explain why you think Johnson worked out nearly as well as Richardson, yes? You don't bother to respond, then come back with this drivel?

I thought you were here to talk football. I know that some guys give you a hard time (sometimes to excess), and I don't mind giving you the benefit of the doubt, but running away from a direct question doesn't help your reputation.

Sorry I must have missed that. To answer your Johnson can work out well as Richardson. He went family problems and 9 offensive coorindators in college. That is a lot. Things did not workout for him for various reasons.

“Last month at Clemson’s Pro Day he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.62 seconds, and leapt 10 feet, 3 inches in the broad jump and 35½ inches vertically. Had he posted those numbers at the NFL Scouting Combine in March, he’d have finished second, athletically, to just one quarterback: Anthony Richardson of Florida,” wrote Doyel, referring to the No. 4 overall pick in the 2023 draft.

He shows a good arm and I was impressed with his film at Michigan State. Look for it, it can be found by searching your tube. I hope we sign him as a rookie free agent. IMO he is a diamond in the rough who if developed can make a good # 3 QB to start out with. If hits his potential... we've got sometime. He was the #2 QB star recruit in the nation I am here to talk football, PM me anytime. You'll find I don't post my better stuff here in a public forum all the time.

W....t...f.....does that mean? Like he holds his breath and farts? Did you really think about that and figure "man I got a zinger". So your delusions aren't just limited to your football knowledge, shocker.

I was making a Vag joke. You know queefing. If you don't know what that means, you can look it up. Zing, right over your head. Got it now?

Last edited:
Sorry I must have missed that. To answer your Johnson can work out well as Richardson. He went family problems and 9 offensive coorindators in college. That is a lot. Things did not workout for him for various reasons.

He shows a good arm and I was impressed with his film at Michigan State. Look for it, it can be found by searching your tube. I hope we sign him as a rookie free agent. IMO he is a diamond in the rough who if developed can make a good # 3 QB to start out with. If hits his potential... we've got sometime. He was the #2 QB star recruit in the nation I am here to talk football, PM me anytime. You'll find I don't post my better stuff here in a public forum all the time.

Your better stuff huh.😅

YouTube clips. 😅

I was making a Vag joke. You know queefing. If you don't know what that means, you can look it up. Zing, right over your head. Got it now.
I hear if you look up "condescending twatwaffle", a pic of you smiling ear to ear with a silver shiny cone comes up.

Your better stuff huh.😅

YouTube clips. 😅

You must love my posts that I share here. Judging by all your replies to them that is. I must be imporant to you. Never change Vag.

You must love my posts that I share here. Judging by all your replies to them that is. I must be important to you. Never change Vag.
I love to laugh at them yes. I wouldn't necessarily use the word important. You are like that jester that comes in and entertains. You fail at entertaining but it is easy still to laugh at the ridiculous crap that you throw out dingleberry.

Your explanations are even funnier. It is like a window licker trying to explain quantum physics.

I would never tell you to stay the same because well I hope and wish better for the idiots of the world.

……Who is Johnson? Only a 5 star QB who worked out nearly as good as Richardson, the 4th pick in the draft. I did not know this. I saw his film vs. Michigan State. He was impressive, but benched later in the year and went through 9 OC's. I don't care. He is a real upside QB and can make this team as a 3rd string guy. I hope he gets the chance because 5 star QB's don't grow on trees.

You can check Walter Footbal, but I don't think you will find much info there.
Documented for the archives….

A). you initial stated he was benched later in the year/went through 9 coordinators…..blah, blah, blah…

B). Now you say “family problems”, and this after I posted why he missed time while at Northwestern. His mother had cancer, and he requested a leave of absence so he could be with her and the family during treatment. An obvious distraction for a young man. On top of this, you even misquote what the blogger stated in his attached article, from which you no doubt got ALL your information from. He had 10 OCs since high school, not 9 in college. Forget about high school, most players in college goes through multiple coordinators, as those are usually revolving door coaching positions as programs lose/add yearly.

Only the Lord is witness as to whether you “watched” film on the player. Johnson’s “film”…is one meaningful game, the Mich State game In Sept 2021, where NW was getting blown out by 28 points. In the second half Johnson threw 2 TDs (3 for the game) in the 4th quarter against probably 2nd/3rd team defensive players. Garbage time. He has no other games of worth mentioning in his six years of college. What his recruit value was before college is irrelevant. He didn’t produce what was predicted. Nothing against the kid, he’s just one of a cast of thousands players who have done the same thing.

Again for the archives…..this documents more horseshit drivel YOU call talking football. You don’t, you pilfer all you can, spin it to make you seem intelligent on a subject….of which you have infinitesimal knowledge.

You are this Board’s resident clown who just wants attention…even negative attention to satisfy your sorry personality.

Last edited:
I love to laugh at them yes. I wouldn't necessarily use the word important. You are like that jester that comes in and entertains. You fail at entertaining but it is easy still to laugh at the ridiculous crap that you throw out dingleberry.

Your explanations are even funnier. It is like a window licker trying to explain quantum physics.

I would never tell you to stay the same because well I hope and wish better for the idiots of the world.
Slash….you just insulted all the idiots of the world…..in today’s environment that could get you cancelled. Be careful.

Slash….you just insulted all the idiots of the world…..in today’s environment that could get you cancelled. Be careful.
Yeah good point... what did they do to deserve a cooch comparison. Sorry idiots of the world.

Man coach gets whipped harder than a redheaded step child.

This is what I will say about Hunter Johnson. He was a 5 star recruit and the #2 QB prospect. So he has some talent. Duck Hodges turned a rookie minicamp into getting signed to the 90 man which in turn had him get signed to the practice squad which due to injury he ended up on the 53 man and eventually started. He eventually started and has a record I doubt will ever be beaten as no other rookie UDFA has beat #1 overall selection QB's in back to back weeks. So it's an uphill battle but Johnson "could" get on the team and make some type of impact. Not likely but stranger things have happen.

Now coach... stop. Please, stop.

First of all, leave my Johnson out of it.

But, no, Coach. Johnson cannot work out as well as Richardson. As I've already explained, it's nowhere close. Richardson tied the modern QB record for the broad jump at 10'9"; Johnson was a half-foot less. Richardson had the 4th-best QB forty time in the last 20 years at 4.43; Johnson ran a 4.62. Richardson's vertical is out of the gym at 40.5", a full five inches higher than Johnson.

While it's nice that some guy none of us ever heard of thinks that Johnson's pro day results (which are notoriously less accurate than NFL combine numbers in favor of the player) would make him athletically the second-ranked quarterback, I'm not sure I can agree with that. Clayton Tune had official scores of 4.64, 10'2", and 37.5" -- .02 slower, 1 inch less, and 2 inches higher. Three other QBs had much better 40 times, including Max Duggan at 4.52. CJ Stroud didn't even test.

So, even if Johnson would barely qualify as #2 (which is highly negligible) in this particular quarterback crop, it's still a remarkably distant second to Richardson.

Coach said:

I was unimpressed with Johnson's career TD/INT ratio (7:9), and his ridiculously low career adjusted yards per attempt of 3.9. Along with his inability to secure the starting job among extremely weak competition while at Northwestern.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong about the guy.

Last edited: